by Lawrence Wilson, MD
Ó June 2014, The Center For Development
WHAT IS ETHERIC ENERGY?
Etheric energy refers to a type of very fine matter or substance that is all around us, and which permeates all physical matter. It is the same as that which is called chi, qi, vital force, prana and other names in various languages. It is a wave-and-particle type of energy, in terms of modern physics.
This energy activates and gives life to all beings and even all physical matter in the physical world. It must be present or life ceases. It cannot usually be seen, but its effects include the life forms on the planet, and everything else in our physical universe.
The etheric pulse of life. If the etheric “driver” were to run down, which happens every few trillion years, the entire physical universe, even the planets and stars, cease to exist. The term an eon describes a period of time of about three and half trillion years, during which the etheric pulses forth and allows the creation of physical worlds and physical life forms.
Books about this subject assert that we are in the middle of one such pulse or eon, and December 2012 marks this midpoint. After December 2012, the universe is slowly contracting, and will do so for the next trillion plus years until the end of this eon.
HEALING IMPLICATIONS OF THE ETHERIC CONCEPT
1. We must not just focus on nutrients or chemistry to heal the human body. One can and must also focus on preserving and enhancing etheric energy in our bodies, as well.
2. Even if a food or substance may be somewhat deficient or toxic in some way, if it has high etheric energy, it may still be good to eat. A good example of this are meats, which contain some toxins, but have very high etheric energy because they are animal-based products. Another example is cooked, not raw vegetables. Cooking destroys a few nutrients, but the etheric energy actually rises during cooking, provided the food is not overcooked.
3. Procedures that increase etheric energy are fabulous, even if they reduce the nutrient content of a food or damage it physically in other ways. A good example of this is cooking one’s food properly. This, in fact, drastically increases the etheric energy of many, though not all foods. Foods enhanced by cooking include most meats, grains, vegetables, nuts, seeds, and a few others. Foods that do not need cooking to increase their etheric energy are mainly fats and oils.
Other procedures may increase etheric energy as well, and these are generally very helpful for one’s health, although they may seem strange to some people.
ETHERIC ENERGY A SOUL QUALITY, NOT A BODY QUALITY
Etheric energy is present in all bodies. However, in order to increase it a lot, one must develop the soul more than the body. By this I mean that the soul must begin to take over and control the body, not the other way around.
In immature people, the body urges, desires, propensities and aversions largely control the person. However, in order to increase the etheric energy a lot, one must develop the soul. This means develop or listen to the “high self” or God within, or the holy spirit, and this will slowly increase the etheric energy that flows through a person.
This is not a guarantee that one will be healthy or live a long life, because there are other factors that are discussed in the rest of this article. However, this is a principle if one wishes to embark on a journey of deep healing and a long, happy life.
SOURCES OF ETHERIC ENERGY
It is helpful to understand where our etheric energy comes from. The main sources are:
1. Intrinsic, physical or inborn etheric. Each person is born with a certain amount of etheric energy. This is the main source of etheric energy in most people. As it runs down, we age and when it gets too low, we die. At its most basic, aging is the depletion of the physical or inborn etheric energy supply. As our etheric energy depletes, digestion weakens, elimination weakens, and the body just sickens and finally dies.
Some people are born with more etheric energy than others, to a degree. This is one reason that some people who eat badly and have unhealthful lifestyles may live longer than some others who eat and live well. This may seem frustrating, but there is much one can do about it if one is unhealthy at any age.
2. Environmental etheric. This is etheric energy found in food, in the air, in drinking and bathing water, in certain locations on earth, and to a degree, even in objects such as some rocks and gemstones. Everyone receives a little etheric energy from these sources.
In addition, one can accumulate of it by eating only fresh food, breathing oxygen-rich air, drinking only high quality spring water, and living in healthful places. This fact has been known for millennia and accounts for certain practices and beliefs such as the biblical prohibitions against eating old, poor quality or spoiled food.
Today’s food, however, is generally much lower in etheric energy than in the past due to its lower mineral content due to hybridization, mainly. Soil depletion also reduces the etheric content of our food. Transporting food long distances and food processing also seriously reduce its etheric energy content. This is one of the main reasons I do not recommend fast food, processed food and junk food.
3. Empathic etheric energy sources. Etheric energy from one person or from an animal can be transferred to another person, to a degree, using various healing practices. In other words, with certain techniques, etheric energy will move from the healer to the patient. In fact, it occurs a little in all doctor-patient relationships. It can be enhanced if one knows certain techniques. Healing methods such as laying on of hands, massage, Reiki, foot reflexology and others can do this to some degree.
While this is not an important source of etheric energy in most cases, I include it because in some cases it saves a life. It is one reason I suggest doing foot reflexology on a daily basis, for example.
These methods of healing are called empathic healing methods. This is discussed in the article entitled Empathic Blending on this site. Religious and spiritual healing is also sometimes done using empathic healing or empathic blending.
4. Tuning up the body to receive more environmental etheric energy. This is not a separate source of etheric energy. However, by improving one’s health, one can receive much more etheric energy from the air, as well as from the food and water one ingests.
This can be an important source of etheric energy in those who are willing to follow a complete nutritional balancing program. In fact, it is a secret of the success of a nutritional balancing program, as compared with most nutrition and medical regimens and programs.
Most other healing methods and programs do not offer this benefit because they do not balance the body and do not make the body much more yang These two things, at least, are needed to receive more etheric energy from the environment. One also needs far better nutrition, which a nutritional balancing program delivers, as well.
5. Drastically increasing the amount of etheric energy received into the body. Several methods to do this are:
a. Moving energy down the body from head to feet by the use of the will moves much more etheric energy into the body. This is the most powerful method to receive more etheric energy into the body. It is not directly dependent upon the diet or lifestyle, which is interesting.
By doing this enough, it can lead eventually to rejuvenation of the body and reversal of the aging process. It is like pumping more gasoline into the car engine, or putting more electricity through a wire.
This is the reason that the Roy Masters mental exercise, with my modification, comes very highly recommended with all nutritional balancing programs. In my experience, other concentration, meditation, visualization and other mental practices cannot accomplish the same thing, nearly as well.
This is also the reason that only certain procedures and even foods and supplements are included in a nutritional balancing program, as they encourage this process. This subject is beyond the scope of this article, but is very important. It has to do with what is called on this website mental development.
It also has to do with what is called on this site human evolution, which has nothing to do with apes. The human being is unique and did not evolve from animals at all, as I understand it. Hunan evolution is about our future potential as individuals, which can be explored this lifetime, not in the distant future.
b. Deep breathing for at least 2 hours every day.
c. Deep meditation of other types, perhaps.
Here are more details about all of these methods of obtaining etheric energy.
HOW TO CONSERVE YOUR INTRINSIC ETHERIC ENERGY
Etheric energy flows around the body through a series of channels that run vertically down the body. Most of these are not working well in most people, and some therapies, notably foot and hand reflexology, chiropractic and deep breathing help keep these channels open and can even open more of them.
From the channels, etheric flows to the fascia layer of connective tissue that runs throughout the body. This is very important, because when the fascia are tight, twisted, damaged by accidents, injuries, or surgery, it will affect the etheric energy flow throughout the body.
What happens as we age? In practically everyone, with age the fascia layer becomes damaged, twisted and tight due to injuries, accidents, spinal misalignments, infections, electrical interference, and today most of all, by nutritional depletion and toxin accumulation. This hastens death in all cases.
How to conserve your intrinsic etheric energy. Here are six major ways this is done:
1. Reduce stress. Most of the time, stress from any source uses up the intrinsic energy much faster. This is a large area that has to do with one’s lifestyle, diet, where and how one lives, work, and so on.
A very powerful way to reduce a subtle type of physical stress and strain on the body is by balancing yin and yang forces in the body. These are physics forces of cold and hot, and expansion and contraction. This concept derives from macrobiotics and traditional Chinese medicine or ancient taoism.
Nutritional balancing focuses on this facet, among others, in terms of one’s nutrition and lifestyle. Balancing yin and yang is why we do not recommend fruit, sugars, any alcohol at all, no chocolate and very little nuts, seeds and raw food or juices. These are all too yin. This is also why we recommend mainly cooked food, and every day to eat some meat, eggs, poultry and other more yang foods.
It is also the reason to not eat the yin vegetables such as the nightshades – tomatoes, white or red potatoes, eggplant and all peppers, ideally. It is also the reason to avoid overeating, and avoid all smoothies and shakes, and other sweetened foods and beverages of all kinds, at all times. Maintaining the yin and yang balance of the body does so many things that are positive it requires a separate textbook. However, helping to conserve the etheric energy is one of them. For more on this subject, read Yin And Yang Healing on this website.
2. More rest. To really conserve and restore the etheric, most people today need 10 or more hours of solid sleep every single night. I know this sounds impossible or difficult, but try to do this as much as possible. Do not skip your afternoon naps on the weekends, and go to bed early. Going to bed by 9 PM seems to reduce the need for sleep to some degree, though people still need loads of rest. There are many complex reasons for this. For more on this subject, read Rest and Sleep on this website.
3. Retaining sexual fluid (mostly for men). Sex without orgasm for men is always fine. One can still cuddle up and enjoy one’s sexual partner all you want. However, for men - have sex with orgasm only once a week, maximum, and less, even much less, is better to conserve sexual fluid. It seems to be a reservoir of etheric energy and losing it is not good. If you do ejaculate, rub it on the skin around the belly and pelvis to restore some of it.
Women can reabsorb much of their vital sexual fluids, especially if their bed is tilted with the feet higher than the head. So this is less of a problem for women.
I know some so-called health authorities will not agree, saying that sex is good with ejaculation for the prostate gland, for example. This may be true. However, at other levels sex depletes the etheric energy with which each person is born, so it is not good at this level, which is a deeper and more important level. If a man has prostate problems, which most do at some age, he should follow a nutritional balancing program and it will self-correct in most cases.
4. Stay warm enough. Another way to conserve the etheric one is born with is to stay warm at all times. This is a problem for young women, I have found, more than men. The women, in an effort to look fashionable, often wear no socks, and walk around in short sleeves, no sleeves, or even with bare shoulders when they should be far more covered up just to stay warm. It is possible to dress nicely and stay warm.
Men have the same problem, but covering up is more accepted so they don’t hesitate to put on more clothing when they are chilled. Too many women just don’t have the fortitude to say they are not going to wear the short dresses, no socks, no jacket, and so on. Intelligent women dress warmly at all times, no matter how unfashionable it appears. At least carry a sweater or jacket at all times, and wear socks most of the time to keep the feet and legs warm.
5. Deep breathing of pure air, preferably enriched with oxygen. This is most helpful for everyone. It is one reason that athletics helps some people. However, vigorous exercise always depletes nutrients, so I don’t recommend it. Deep breathing is wonderful, however. It is also why living in a rural area with a higher oxygen content to the air is preferable.
6. Other. Chiropractic, rolfing or structural integration, reducing muscle tension by relaxing, and avoiding toxins, including most medical drugs and vaccines, is also helpful. Rarely, other methods may also help to conserve intrinsic etheric energy.
ENHANCING ENVIRONMENTAL ETHERIC ENERGY
As one ages, the intrinsic etheric energy with which one was born will naturally decline. This is the most basic cause of aging, although certainly nutrition, toxic metals, lack of rest, or other problems can deplete one’s vital forces.
If one wishes to live much longer, one must enhance the absorption by the human body and mind of the environmental sources of etheric energy. This is the etheric that is found in the food, air, water and elsewhere around all of us, no matter where one lives. Here are a few simple ways this is done:
1. A nutritional balancing program. This includes following the entire program. This includes a diet of mainly fresh, organically grown, whole foods that are still rich in etheric energy. Cooking the food properly ENHANCES its etheric energy and does not deplete it, as some would teach. Foods high in etheric energy include meats, whole grains and cooked vegetables. In contrast, fruits, juices, dried beans, nuts and seeds have much less of it, so they are not recommended in nutritional balancing science.
The proper type and amount of drinking water is quite critical, as well. Good quality spring water is best. Tap water varies. Most RO water is devoid of etheric energy, as is distilled water, as the minerals have been removed. Also, avoid most specialty waters such as alkaline water and others, as these are also lower in etheric energy.
The lifestyle is critical, and has been discussed above. It involves plenty of rest, keeping one’s sexual fluid, and even positive, helpful thoughts. Deep breathing every day of fresh air is also helpful. Contact with the earth is also helpful every day by doing some gardening or walking without shoes on dirt, or even on bare concrete or tile.
The proper supplements ONLY can also help. These are recommended as part of every nutritional balancing program.
In addition, the procedures such as using a near infrared lamp sauna, but not other types, on a daily basis for at least 5 to 10 years for most people, is most helpful. It also includes using the coffee enemas for at least 5 to 10 years for most people. This is what it takes today to detoxify the body sufficiently to restore it to the way it is supposed to function. I know this may be depressing for some people, especially those who are young and don’t want to spend the time healing themselves. However, this appears to be what is needed, so it is best to just get started.
A hidden benefit is that the ‘side effects’ are wonderful. They include great health, lots of energy, a happy disposition, and usually most of one’s “issues” and problems in emotional terms also are handled as one detoxifies the body in this very profound way. You will also drastically reduce your chances of getting cancer, having a heart attack, having a deformed baby and more, if you really dedicate yourself to your health at a young age. So I want to encourage all readers to start at once.
If cost is a factor and one cannot do the hair mineral testing, then start with the “Free Program” discussed in the article entitled The Healing Lifestyle. It discusses the basic diet, basic supplements, about three quarts of quality spring water every day, loads of rest and sleep and, the use of a lamp sauna and coffee enemas each day. You can add the hair analysis and more specific supplementation later as you can afford them.
2. Other natural and rarely medical therapies. These include quality chiropractic adjustments, possibly bodywork such as Rolfing or structural integration, and rarely medical therapies but only if needed and if natural methods do not work. For example, surgery might be required on very rare occasions, or a medical drug might rarely be needed for a particular condition, though this is rare as well, in our experience.
These methods can help detoxify and tone the liver and other organs to increase their ability to absorb more of the etheric energy in the environment.
Conserving the etheric energy with which you were born, and learning how to get more of it from the environment, food, air and water are extremely worthwhile to learn. Even better is to learn how to get more of it directly from Source or spirit using the modified Roy Masters exercise. This article is a good introduction to this fascinating subject. For more on this subject and related issues, read Etheric Resetting and Telomeres, And How To Lengthen Them on this website.