CANCER AND ALTERNATIVE THERAPIES
by Dr. Lawrence Wilson
© October 2017, L.D. Wilson Consultants, Inc.
All information in this article is for educational purposes only. It is not for the diagnosis, treatment, prescription or cure of any disease or health condition.
1. This article and all material on this website is for educational purposes only and not intended as diagnosis, treatment or prescription for any health condition, real or imaginary, physical or mental.
2. Nutritional balancing is not intended as diagnosis, prescription, treatment or cure for any disease, mental or physical.
Nutritional balancing science is a method of developing the human body. This is a specific science, and different from healing. Healing often occurs as a side effect, however. Nutritional balancing is not a cancer treatment at all. However, in combination with other procedures, it has caused great improvement in some cases.
3. None of the material on this website has been reviewed or approved by the US Food And Drug Administration (FDA), the American Medical Association (AMA) or any other organization.
4. A standard nutritional balancing program alone is not sufficient to correct most cases of cancer. Therefore, when working with cancer, one must modify the program, as described below.
5. No promises or guarantees can ever be made with any therapy. This must be made absolutely clear. However, the right natural methods have helped many people overcome cancer.
6. We only work with cancer clients who are also working with a conventional medical doctor.
1. A lot of the black salve on the market now does not work. Be sure to use only the recommended brands.
2. Never use black salve internally more than once every few weeks, and a tiny amount only. Some false healers are advising using it more often and it is very irritating to do this. Never do this!
3. In America, Under The Affordable Care Act of 2010, you can be arrested for not following doctor’s orders. So until it is repealed, (I hope soon), be careful with doctors and hospitals.
Table Of Contents
A 21st Century Epidemic
What Is Cancer?
Personal Experience With Cancer
Health Insurance And Cancer
A Research Report
The Kelley Metabolic Therapy
Combining Conventional And Natural Methods
Cancer is a primary 21st century disease. Cancer is one of the most important disease of this century, and one that wastes millions of lives. One of every two Americans will be diagnosed with it, and the cancer rates are similar around the world. Many others die as a result of a hidden cancer that causes another problem such as a ruptured artery or a stroke.
A theory that has yet to be disproven is the trophoblast theory of cancer. Here are the basics:
In 1902, John Beard, MD, a brilliant embryologist, wrote a book entitled, The Trophoblast Theory Of Cancer. He wrote that cancer is trophoblast that arises in the wrong place and at the wrong time.
The trophoblast is a specialized cell type that normally arises only during the first eight to twelve weeks of pregnancy. Its function is to nourish the fetus during this time. After 8-12 weeks of pregnancy, the placenta develops and takes over the job of nourishing the fetus.
The trophoblast is an aggressive, invasive, metastasizing tissue that literally burrows into a pregnant mother, steals blood and nutrients from her, and feeds them to her baby.
Rarely, the trophoblast gets out of control during pregnancy. If this occurs, the pregnant mother often dies of a very invasive cancer, choriocarcinoma, often in a matter of weeks. Usually, however, various mechanisms control the trophoblast during pregnancy.
As our bodies become less healthful, trophoblast cells can arise at any time, and anywhere in the body. Too much estrogen is one of the triggers for this. Outside of the womb, there are no controls over it and it just multiplies and eats its way through the body.
This theory has withstood many tests, yet one rarely hears about it. I wonder if the reason is that if the truth were taught, cancer would cease to be as much of a problem and much of the cancer “business” would end. For more, read The Trophoblast on this site.
Pleomorphism. Another theory related to the trophoblast theory of cancer is the pleomorphic view. This is the idea that certain cells can de-differentiate and regress to trophoblast or other aberrant forms that we call cancer cells. This is discussed in a separate article entitled The Somatids.
Health insurance with cancer. This is a problem, in my view. One of the most important possible reasons for having health insurance is a possible future cancer situation. The reason is that cancers are very common.
Cancer therapies, either medical or natural, can be very costly, and you are paying for it in any health insurance. Also, with a natural therapy, one should not work, at least not full time, for at least a year, and this imposes a greater financial burden.
However, health insurance, even Christian sharing programs that we prefer instead of regular insurance, will not pay for the best natural cancer therapy. So insurance is useless for this important possibility.
As a result, we suggest having (and paying for) as little health insurance as possible. This way you can save more money yourself, in case it is ever needed to handle a cancer situation.
Staying on a complete nutritional balancing program will prevent most cancers, so this type of “insurance” is also very worthwhile and costs under $200.00 per month for an adult.
A research report. This article is a research report on my observations as one who is willing to search outside the mainstream medical literature for answers.
A rough way to understand cancer is the following:
2. Elevated copper levels and low zinc levels. Copper and estrogen levels tend to follow one another. Zinc is deficient in the soil, so it is deficient in our food supply, as well. Stress also lowers zinc and often raises copper in the body.
The Johanna Budwig protocol interferes with estrogen in the body by using large doses of flaxseed oil, which occupies estrogen binding sites and thus has an estrogen-reducing effect. In other words, it is a type of natural chemotherapy with no side effects.
2. A toxic body. This is related to the above. Toxins usually damage the liver, among other organs, and this leads to high estrogen because the liver is the organ that detoxifies and removes estrogens from the body. This applies to men, as well as to women.
Dr. Max Gerson, MD found that if he could regenerate the liver, meaning reduce its toxicity and improve its nutritional state, he could usually heal cancer. He used coffee enemas, diet and other natural methods for this purpose.
3. Low levels of alkaline reserve minerals. This very common situation causes the body to become too acidic, which causes many dysfunctions. Replacing the alkaline reserve minerals therefore is very important to avoid and correct cancers.
Do not try to cut corners by just taking baking soda or alkaline water to alkalinize the body. It is not good enough. The same is true of raw food diets, fruit and juices, which can all alkalinize the body to some degree. However, they all have problems.
4. Low oxygen levels. Cancer does not use oxygen in its metabolism, as the body does. Instead, it thrives on sugar. Low oxygen in the body is common, and favors the growth of trophoblast.
Low oxygen levels are due to shallow breathing, lung problems, living in cities with little vegetation, and working or living in closed-in, low oxygen environments.
5. Yeast and fungus in the body. This comes from a copper imbalance, primarily. Copper problems result from adrenal and thyroid exhaustion, zinc deficiency, stress, fear, and occasionally from exposure to copper, though this is not that common.
6. Yin bodies. This means cold, upward-moving energy, and “expanded” bodies. Causes for a yin condition include old age, toxicity from any cause, eating sugars and other sweet or raw foods, holding grudges, and the use of alcohol, too much sex, or holding on to negative emotions.
8. Sugars of all kinds in the diet, including fruit. These foods make the body more yin, deplete nutrient minerals, upset the blood sugar, damage calcium metabolism, and damage the body in many other ways, as well.
9. The emotion of resentment, in particular. I am not sure why this is so, but it is reported in the medical literature. If one wishes to overcome cancer, let go of all anger and resentment against everyone.
WARNING about holistic, alternative, or complementary cancer care. Cancer is usually a very tough health condition to work with for anyone. Alternative medical care for cancer is a jungle, and full of problems, in my view. Many holistic doctors, naturopaths, chiropractors, and others do not have enough experience, or do not know enough to do a good job, in many cases.
If one has a cancer diagnosis, here are options we suggest:
1. THE KELLEY METABOLIC CANCER THERAPY
This is an excellent metabolic or natural therapy. However, we can only recommend one practitioner at this time - Pamela McDougle. She can be reached at (208) 424-7600.
This therapy includes a diet, supplements, coffee enemas and the red heat lamp sauna therapy. It also includes potent pancreatic enzymes that kill trophoblast.
This therapy is very good. It is costly, however, because the enzymes are somewhat expensive, up to $1200/month. One needs to take them, in most cases, for up to two years. Then the dosages are usually reduced. For more, please read The Kelley Metabolic Cancer Therapy on this site.
This is an ancient native American herbal formula used to remove skin cancers, but it also works on some internal cancers. While it can be irritating, it usually does an excellent job on skin cancers, in particular.
It is also extremely inexpensive and not too toxic. It can easily remove cancerous and pre-cancerous moles very easily, as well as some skin infections.
A book about it is called Cancer Salves by Ingrid Naiman. For much more information about black salve and how it works, read Black Salve on this website.
3. OZONE. This can be simple and inexpensive, and it kills cancer and is non-toxic. Details about it are discussed below and in the Oxygen article on this site.
4. A MODIFIED NUTRITIONAL BALANCING PROGRAM. This must be supervised by one of the Approved Practitioners listed on this website. Also, it must be modified in the following ways:
1. Remove all root-canal filled teeth. This is imperative! Have ALL root canal-filled teeth removed as soon as possible. I know this may be costly and drastic, but it can save your life. You would be surprised how toxic most root canal-filled teeth are. The only solution I know of is to have them removed, at once.
2. No red meat or eggs. Avoid red meat and eggs completely for at least six months, or until we say it is okay to add these foods back to the diet. This is primarily because of the high iron content of these foods.
3. No glandular products. Avoid all thyroid and adrenal glandular products, as these might increase estrogen. The Renamide or kidney glandular product is okay.
4. Do 2 to 4 coffee enemas daily. With active cancer, you must do two to four coffee enemas daily, and they must be done correctly according to the procedure on this website, and not other procedures.
5. Use a red heat lamp sauna for 1.5 hours or more daily. With active cancer, you must use a red heat lamp sauna – and no other kind of sauna – for at least one and half hours per day. This means two 45-minutes sessions daily or three 30-minute sessions daily.
6. Do not take Paramin. It is an excellent product, but some cancer patients do not do well with it. Instead, purchase a calcium/magnesium supplement that has the same potency (about 250 mg of elemental calcium and 125-150 mg of elemental magnesium per tablet). In other words, about a 2:1 ratio of calcium to magnesium.
Acceptable forms of calcium and magnesium are chelates, citrates and lactates. We would avoid the others. Decent brands are Country Life, Solgar, and Blue Bonnett. There are others, as well.
7. Eat a small amount of raw jicama or raw daikon radish daily. This small amount of raw root vegetable seems to be needed for cancer patients, but not for others.
8. Ozone therapy. This helps everyone. We suggest an ozonator/ionizer air purifier for the home. To read more about these machines, click here. To read more about oxygen, please read Oxygen Therapies.
Deep breathing, every day for at least one hour, is also superb to bring more oxygen into the body.
9. DO NOT replace dental amalgams when there is an active cancer. Wait until the cancer is in remission. The reason is the mercury removal process releases some mercury into the body. This can flare up the cancer and kill you. Also, never have more silver amalgam dental fillings placed in your mouth, as they are quite toxic.
Due to its taste, the best way to do it is usually to buy fresh, raw, organic, free-range calf liver. Take it home and immediately cut it into small squares about 1-inch square. Place these in the freezer on a pan or plastic ice cube tray so they won’t stick together.
11. When you work with one of our Approved Practitioners, we may also recommend a natural cancer remedy. These can be a most helpful addition to the program. Among them are Cantron, Protocel, Essiac tea, the Budwig protocol, apricot pits, or pancreatic enzymes.
These are described in separate articles on this website and listed below.
IV. ALTERNATIVES I WOULD SKIP AT THIS TIME
There are many alternative cancer therapies, and we research them with and for our clients. At this time, we do not recommend the anti-oxidants (ellagic acid, high-dose vitamin C, and others). They are all extremely yin and therefore can unbalance the body badly, even while they kill the cancer. For this reason, they will work for a while, but then they tend to stop working and recovery is very difficult.
At this time, we also do NOT recommend most herbs, mushroom therapy, germanium, cesium chloride, MMS, chelation therapy, homeopathy, IV vitamin C, iodine therapy, IPT (or insulin potentiation therapy), most electrical machines, raw food diets, beta glucan, IP-6, hyperthermia (instead use red lamp sauna hyperthermia, which is safer), vegetarian diets, DIM (although a little is fine), or sodium bicarbonate. We would avoid these therapies for various reasons such as toxicity, too yin, or other reasons.
The Gerson Therapy. Max Gerson, MD was a wonderful doctor who healed many people between 80 and 100 years ago with a natural healing regimen. Today, the same therapy is offered at a clinic in Mexico, and perhaps elsewhere.
We cannot recommend the Gerson therapy because it is less effective today than it was 80 years ago. Times have changed and the bodies are different and more yin today. Here are the problems with this therapy today:
- It includes too many juices for today’s people. Apple juice is especially bad. They also use too much carrot juice.
- It uses too much coffee (3 tablespoons up to 6 times daily). We find that 8 tablespoons is plenty.
- It is sometimes vegetarian, which we don’t like.
- It does not recommend pressure cooking, which we find very helpful.
- It does not include a few newer remedies that we like such as the pancreatic enzymes.
- It does not include the red lamp sauna and the other procedures we find very helpful. To read more about Max Gerson, MD, read The Cancer Pioneers.
V. COMMENTS ABOUT CONVENTIONAL CANCER THERAPIES
Conventional cancer therapy – radiation, surgery or drugs - is generally quite insane, in my view. Its effectiveness is generally poor, its adverse effects are sometimes brutal, and its cost is much too high.
It basically poisons the patient and the cancer, hopefully poisoning the cancer a little more than it poisons the patient.
However, it is all that is permitted today in mainstream medical care. Doctors that recommend other cancer therapies usually lose their license to practice medicine, so I would not even bother to ask them about alternative therapies.
Conventional medical methods are also often the only therapies that health insurance will pay for, because the insurance industry is heavily controlled by the drug industry. Otherwise, the insurance industry would realize that some natural therapies are 1) as effective or more effective than conventional therapy, 2) have fewer side effects, and 3) are much less costly.
The best conventional therapy. This is often surgery. Surgery is fast and does not leave the patient as poisoned as does chemotherapy and radiation. It can remove a troublesome tumor and this may give the body a chance to do more healing on its own. Problems with surgery are:
1. One gets a lot of anesthesia drugs, and perhaps other drugs, that must later be removed from the body for full healing.
2. Surgery just removes large or life-threatening tumors. It certainly does not heal or rebuild the body. So it should always be combined with a nutritional balancing program that rebuilds health.
Surgery is often not needed if one uses the correct natural therapy. However, it may be very helpful:
1. If a tumor is large and thus difficult to digest and remove naturally.
2. If a tumor is pressing on a vital structure such as an artery or a nerve, and must be removed to save one’s life.
3. If a cancer is possibly growing fast and possibly spreading. In this case, removing a tumor may slow down the disease and give one a much greater chance of overcoming the cancer.
Combining natural therapies with conventional cancer treatment. This is certainly possible. Nutritional balancing can be done along with conventional cancer therapy. It is certainly better than doing conventional therapy without a natural healing program.
However, keep in mind that chemotherapy and radiation therapy are toxic, the opposite of the goal of nutritional balancing. Therefore, they will interfere with rebuilding and detoxification of the body.
Also, conventional therapies deplete nutrients needed to rebuild the body, and may waste one’s energy and time.
If you are not sure what to do, you may email me for more information at Send An Email.
1. Get very serious about your healing program. Do not let anything get in the way of it, and do not let it slide away. Also, avoid any doctor you are working with who has a relaxed attitude and does not push you to do your program more seriously and assiduously .
2. If you are working full time, quit or go to half time for at least a year. I know this is a financial burden for some people, but it is essential to do a natural healing program properly. Borrow money if you must, but most people won’t get well while working full time.
3. Don’t try to do your own program. It is not a do-it-yourself situation. It is a very complex disease and there are lots of pitfalls and traps. I know it is not easy to find someone to work with, but this is best.
4. The coffee enemas are absolutely essential. Do not let anyone talk you out of them. I would do 4 per day, and we find a powerful way to do them, and less time-consuming, is 2 back-to-back in the morning, and 2 back-to-back in the afternoon. And I would hold each for half an hour, at least.
5. Ozone is very good and inexpensive. Immediately invest in an ozone air purifier. Two companies that make them are Atlas (model 300A or similar) and Breathe Right (model YD-706 or similar). Also, buy an ozone generator to ozonate drinking water. Use them all the time.
You can also do rectal ozone, but a cheaper, simpler alternative is an ozonated coffee enema. Instructions are in the Coffee Enema article on this site. I would only do one of these daily.
6. Do the Pushing Down mental exercise for at least one hour, and preferably two hours daily. I strongly advise this procedure, and no other meditative exercises.
The exercise is simple and very powerful. I credit my own health recovery in large measure to doing this exercise daily, which I still do. For more, please read The Pushing Down Exercise on this website.
7. Rest a lot more. This is primary. Rest will help any healing process. Go to bed by 9:00 PM each night or earlier, nap each afternoon and try to get 10 to 12 hours of sleep daily between these two. The early hours of the evening are the best times for sleeping.
8. Be sure to eat three cups of cooked vegetables three times daily, or more. That is a total of 9 to 10 cups of cooked vegetables each day. This is to replenish the alkaline reserve minerals. Do not substitute other methods, such as mineral tablets, mineral liquids, green superfoods, green smoothies, or other methods. They do not work as well, in my experience.
9. Drink about three quarts of quality spring water each day. Do not drink water with meals, however, except to take your supplements. If you cannot afford spring water, the next best water to drink is usually carbon filtered tap water. Be sure to change the filters every six months or more often.
Reverse osmosis water does not hydrate the body well, and does not provide minerals. I would avoid it. Alkaline water will cause positive benefits at first, but not in the long run because it is too yin. I would not use it. Also, avoid other “designer waters”, as a general rule. Read Water For Drinking for more on this subject.
b) Do your best to concentrate on the positive and ignore the negative feelings. This may seem impossible, but is a skill that can be learned. It involves letting go of the negative because you realize it is just “old tapes” playing over and over in your head. After a while, they begin to just fade away.
Also, you will have to ignore negative websites and naysayers that may be found among your family, friends, doctors etc. I do not say to ignore all warning signs, but spending your time with anyone who does not support your program is generally not a good idea.
c) Use methods that help you to stay positive. This might include uplifting books, CDs, inspiring movies, or talking with positive friends. It may also be taking walks in the woods or a park, doing the Pushing Down Exercise, but not others, or any other helpful and healthful activity.
The article on my website entitled Reflections On The Twenty-Third Psalm can also be helpful. This particular affirmation was and is very inspiring for thousands throughout the ages.
d) Think spiritually. This means to know you are more than your physical body. This is what I mean by “think spiritually”. It allows us to have a greater love for the self and for the world as well. Some ways to act spiritually are to go to church, or to read and study high-quality spiritual material. Many opportunities are all around you.
11. Be realistic and grounded. Always keep in touch with your practitioner. Healing cancer is not a do-it-yourself proposition at all. Not all reactions mean you are healing, by any means.
For example, for several years I followed a Natural Hygiene regimen of mostly vegetarian raw food. I developed rashes and other symptoms that I believed were indicators of healing, and others around me agreed.
In fact, I was becoming more ill. It cost me dearly in terms of my health. Fortunately, an acquaintance finally convinced me to quit the regimen. I had surrounded myself with others who thought like me, but the method simply didn’t work, in spite of my best efforts to follow the regimen faithfully.
This is why I only recommend working with someone who has an excellent reputation with cancer patients, not a general type of practitioner. Healing cancer with any approach is challenging, even for a seasoned practitioner. For this reason, I do not work with cancer. It is just not my specialty and I admire those who have made it theirs.
Unrealistic thinking and approaches will get you killed with cancer. I know this warning may sound like it is coming from the American Medical Association, but please be warned. Be open-minded but never rigid, if possible. If you are not succeeding, something has to change. Do not stay with a program if it is obviously not working for you.
Miracles can occur with any healing method. However, they don’t happen that often. So use your common sense at all times when dealing with cancer.
I will mention four factors that are common reasons for failure, so that you can avoid them. These include too much stress, starting too late, the nature of cancer and the inability to follow the program exactly.
1. Stress. For success, you must minimize all activity and stress in your life. You must rest at least 10-12 hours daily. Stress weakens and disturbs the body severely.
Stress can come finances, social conditions, work conditions, family matters or other types of stressful conditions. To be successful, plan to rest a lot for at least a year or two. This will conserve your energy for healing.
2. Starting too late. I am aware of people with extremely advanced cases of cancer that recovered fully using natural therapies. Therefore, it is never too late to begin natural therapy.
However, there can be no foolproof “cure” for cancer. Anyone who offers you one is lying. The main reason is that cancer is a stealth disease and you never know how extensive it is, no matter how many x-rays or tests are run.
Also, you never know just how low your vitality level is, and vitality or adaptive energy is required to recover from cancer, as with all diseases. It takes some time to turn around any disease condition, and one never knows if one has that time.
Also, digesting and disposing of dead tumors takes a lot of the body’s energy and can be another problem, even if the progress of the cancer can be stopped. Therefore, if you suspect cancer, start your alternative program immediately.
4. Failure to follow the program completely and faithfully. This is the most common reason for failure. Here are some reasons this can happen:
a) Altering the program. This is all too common. Doctors or patients often just omit parts of the program, such as coffee enemas. Others try combining programs, often with disastrous results. Others alter a few items, such as the diet, because they are afraid or have read something that influences them.
A hard and fast rule is to avoid changing or omitting anything that is required, even if you don’t understand it. The Kelley program, as administered by Pamela McDougle – but not anyone else - is the result of literally years of research. You are not likely to improve upon it. Dr. Kelley tried many remedies, and rejected most of them for very good reasons that are not known to most physicians and patients.
Nutritional balancing programs are also the result of 40 years of research. Patients do not realize that we have tried most, if not all of the remedies, methods and products available on the market. So if it is not recommended, stay away. If it is recommended, use it, even if it makes little sense.
Holistic physicians, often with little real experience with cancer, are among the worst offenders here. They may attend a seminar or workshop and suddenly feel they can do better than the masters. Adding extra products often wrecks a program, and the reasons can be subtle. Be very careful about this.
b) Inability to do the program. This may be due to financial issues, mental confusion or even a lack of strength to carry out the instructions perfectly.
c) Lack of adequate supervision. This is also common. Always consult your practitioner if you are not sure what to do in a situation. Too many people end up in an emergency room, or stopping their program when this is not the correct solution to a flare-up or other situation.
Doctors who help people with cancer must be available for phone calls, at least, and should supervise patients carefully. Remember, cancer is not a simple illness in most cases.
In fact, cancer is more like a climb up a steep slope where you cannot see the goal clearly at first. There are wrong turns and hazards to avoid, so use care in whom you choose as your guide, and keep in close communication when necessary.
d) Lack of commitment. Any natural approach takes commitment. It will usually not be easy sailing at all times and one must persist, even when it seems like things are not going well. This occurs during what are called healing reactions, for example. for more on this critical subject, read Retracing And Healing Reactions on this website.
e) Quitting too soon. This is another common problem. Plan on staying on your therapy for several years, at least. The diet and lifestyle should be lifelong choices.
One must stay with the natural therapy for at least a year after obvious tumors have shrunk or one feels much better. Otherwise, relapses can occur easily, since cancer is a degenerative condition.
f) Lack of emotional and moral support. This, too, occurs often with alternative cancer approaches, more than with any other illness I am aware of. Some people feel they must have the support of their families, the media and the medical world. Otherwise they feel uncomfortable with their cancer regimen.
Alternative methods do not offer this. For best success, one must be far more independent of the attitudes of others, realizing that they are usually terribly uninformed and misinformed. Often they are also terrified of cancer by the media and not thinking clearly about you and your real needs.
g) Lack of faith in the program. If you believe strongly in someone or something, you will tend to relax, follow orders better, and have a better attitude. If you think you are wasting your time and money, no approach will be as effective.
If you seek counseling or other help from a counselor, pastor, family or friends, make sure they understand your natural healing program, and are fully supportive.
h) Reduced will to live. Cancer often causes a person to question the will to live. In fact, it is one of cancer’s blessings. It forces a person to examine why he or she wants to be well at all.
This is a challenge for those who have not examined their lives carefully, or who have lived less than wholesome lives. There are ways to enhance the will to live, such as reading spiritual books, reading the Bible, and reading certain articles on this website that explain how life works, and why life is a precious gift.
If the program you have chosen is not causing any changes within a few weeks, even subtle ones described below, it may not be working. Fortunately, with the therapies in this article, this rarely happens. Early changes may be subtle and even have little to do with your tumor or cancer. They may be emotional improvements, for example.
For example, you may have more energy, feel happier or have less pain, even if the tumor has not changed. In fact, do not expect your tumor or even your general health to change quickly in many cases. Only with the therapies mentioned in this article and perhaps a few others, tumors occasionally even grow larger for a short time as they soften and disintegrate.
At times, tests such as x-rays and blood tests may also look worse. This can be part of the process of tumor necrosis or destruction of the cancer. So, be sure to work with a practitioner who understands this.
Also, do not just pay attention to x-rays or other medical tests, which often cannot detect subtle changes inside tumors. However, if there are no changes at all, even subtle ones, don’t waste your time on something that is not working.
Stop what you are doing and change to a different approach. The exception here is that when a healing reaction or retracing is taking place, one must stick with the program. This is difficult, and this is where a professional who understands the program deeply will be of great help. During all retracing, one’s judgment is affected and everyone needs outside help to see their way through.
Should you spend a lot of time with conventional doctors while on a natural therapy program? This is a difficult decision, at times. It is up to you how often you visit your conventional doctor, but I found that staying away from the medical world as much as possible is often very helpful. This is not always the case, but here are my observations based on working with thousands of people:
1. The medical world can be very depressing and discouraging.
2. Doctors and other medical personnel are often deeply afraid of cancer, themselves. They speak and gesture in a way that unconsciously instills fear in you.
3. Most doctors, including holistic doctors, are not well-informed about healing reactions, the Kelley program, nutritional balancing science, etc. So they often inadvertently wreck the programs by suggesting other remedies, other diets, or other therapies.
4. Sadly, the cancer establishment is corrupt. You may not think this is true, as most doctors are well-intentioned, as are most hospitals. However, the licensing boards control medical care and do not want the truth about metabolic cancer therapies to be known.
There is a built-in bias, in other words, against unusual natural therapies that doctors do not know much about. Their journals do not teach them about natural cancer therapy in an honest way, sadly, because they are supported by drug ads. I know this for a fact. So one cannot expect to hear the truth from one’s conventional doctor, although we all want it.
Indeed, many patients are often “railroaded” into complying with doctor’s suggestions in various ways – even legal means. I am sorry to have to say all this, and I wish it were not true, but it is.
Do not be deceived because your doctor is very “nice”, or concerned, or because he was educated at very fine universities. In my experience, none of this matters. This is very hard for some people to fathom - that all their learning and research staffs, that their doctors might be almost totally ignorant when it comes to metabolic and natural approaches to cancer. However, it is the truth. I experienced this myself and it confused me for years, until I accepted this truth.
HOW TO PREVENT CANCER
Cancer is a disease that is best prevented. This is because:
1. It is a serious health condition.
2. It is a stealth disease, and it can be very fast-moving. Recently, a friend called because his 28-year-old son had minor surgery for an abdominal problem. Much to everyone’s surprise, his abdomen was full of cancer, and he soon died. This is unfortunately a common story.
3. Dissolving tumors is not that easy for the human body. This greatly slows healing of cancer and causes many failures in natural and conventional cancer therapies.
Here are fairly simple suggestions that can go a long way to preventing or healing cancer:
1. Remove all root canal-filled teeth now. I know this is costly and unpleasant, at times. However, most become infected quickly, and they spew very toxic germs that encourage the growth of cancer.
2. Stop drinking fluoridated and chlorinated water, if possible. Filter tap water with carbon only, or drink spring water. Do not drink reverse osmosis or alkaline water.
3. Eat only pure, natural food. Do not eat fast food and do not eat refined flour, white sugar, white rice or table salt. Sea salt is excellent, however. Also, do not eat food that is heavily preserved, refined, or packaged.
4. Get plenty of rest and sleep.
5. Have sex with orgasm a maximum of once a week. Less is better as you get older, especially for men.
6. Avoid all drugs, including marijuana. Do not listen to anyone who says marijuana is not that toxic. It is very toxic.
7. Eat some raw sesame tahini daily. The oil in this product reduces estrogen, and may help in other ways to prevent some cancers.
8. Eat red meat twice a week only – not less and not more. Portions should be 4-5 ounces only. Lamb is best, not beef.
I do not recommend vegetarian or vegan diets because they are deficient. However, eating too much meat is not healthful, either. You can have animal protein once or twice daily such as chicken, turkey, lamb, sardines, eggs, or raw cheese.
9. Eat only up to 6 eggs per week for women and up to 8 eggs per week for men. More can induce some cancers. Eggs must be cooked soft only so the yolk is runny.
10. Avoid all fruit and fruit juices. These make the body too yin, which is associated with cancer, no matter how nutritious or tasty the fruit may seem.
11. Breathe deeply every day. Cancer cannot live in a well-oxygenated body.
10. Watch your thoughts and your emotions. Cancer often occurs in people who hold on to anger and resentments.
11. To really reduce your risk of cancer, follow a complete nutritional balancing program. It will remove dozens of toxic metals and hundreds of toxic chemicals from the body that are associated with the development of cancer. I only recommend the Approved Practitioners listed on this website. Click here to find them.
This section is unfortunate to have to include, but this article would not be complete with out it. The fact is that the AMA (American Medical Association) and other powerful medical groups do not like the competition from natural cancer therapies. Doctors who offer alternative and natural cancer therapies are often harassed by federal agents, and some lose their licenses for helping people recover from a terminal disease.
However, many prominent politicians and others know about these therapies. Ronald Reagan and Betty Ford are just two among many politicians and public figures who secretly received natural, alternative cancer therapies and succeeded.
You will generally not hear about the alternatives I will suggest below because they do not involve patentable drugs, surgery or radiation therapy. As a result, the drug industry and others cannot profit from them. This sounds very cynical, but it is the truth, and nothing but the truth.
The pharmaceutical industry has infiltrated medical care to an enormous degree. They mainly profit from patentable products, which does not include foods, vitamins, minerals, oxygen therapy, and similar products.
The drug industry and their allies strongly discourage the public from using natural cancer therapies mainly by controlling what doctors learn and how they practice their trade. Control is accomplished through the medical licensing laws, hospital regulations, laboratory regulations, and extensive media control. Several excellent books have been written about the sad and insane control of the drug companies over medical care, and particularly as regards cancer therapy.
Medical studies of cancer remedies. One must be extremely wary of “medical studies” about cancer because most are biased and manipulated to achieve a certain outcome. Here are just a few ways that studies are rigged to produce a certain outcome:
1. Studies often discuss the “5-year survival rate” of various therapies. If a person lives for five years, he or she is considered cured. If the person dies even one day after the five years is up, the person is still categorized as “cured”. This, of course, is insane, since most people want to live more than five years. But this is how the statistics are set up. Most people do not know this.
2. Drugs are often tested for only a short time, during which the drug may show “promise”. The drug maker knows that if they extended the time a few more months or a year, it would fail, but they do not report this fact.
3. Often, a special group of people are used in the study that the authors know will do well on a drug. Yet this is not revealed. Alternatively, when “studying” a natural therapy, the authors of the study may select participants that they know will not do well, but they do not reveal this fact.
4. If a person participating in a drug study dies before completing the trial period, that person may be removed entirely from the study because he or she “did not complete the study”. This skews the study and makes it look much more successful than it really was.
6. The “study” of alternative methods are done with only one or a few participants. This should not be considered valid, but it often is. Medical studies of hair analysis were rigged this way, for example.
7. Authors of drug studies are often paid by drug companies to conclude something the study really does not show, often while ignoring the real facts or conclusions. However, you would never know this unless you read the study very carefully.
8. A “study” can easily discredit a new method of cancer therapy by using the wrong dosage, the wrong protocol for the product, or even the wrong product. This is done very commonly. It might even look like a silly “mistake”, but it is no such thing.
9. Something is added to or omitted from the “study” protocol that wrecks the intended effect. For example, if a natural product also requires a healthful diet along with it, the dietary part is omitted and the product “studied” without the diet.
10. Studies of natural products at major cancer centers in the United States found benefit in natural methods. However, the results were either not reported in medical journals, or they were buried in other ways so that doctors and others did not find out about them.
11. Dozens of other tricks can be used to either make a product seem effective when it is not, or to discredit a valid method. The above are just a small sampling of how scientific studies can be biased, and how the public and doctors are kept in the dark about the dismal performance of much of drug medicine. This ignorance and deception today pervades the entire medical establishment, even the most elite medical centers. However, it is perhaps most pronounced in the area of cancer therapy.
Certain metabolic patterns that are visible on a properly performed and properly interpreted hair mineral analysis are more associated with cancer. Here are those that occur most often, though there are others as well.
1. Sympathetic dominance. Excessive activity of the sympathetic nervous system inhibits healing in at least five different ways. If this factor is not dealt with, all therapies will be less effective.
One may think one is living “normally”, but in fact the person is stuck in a trap or vicious cycle of tissue breakdown or catabolism due to the overuse of the sympathetic nervous system.
I tell people it is as though they believe they are being chased by a pack of tigers all the time. This inhibits digestion, elimination and the immune response severely, and slowly tears down the body. For more, please read Sympathetic Dominance on this site.
3. Elevated copper, calcium and/or cadmium. A copper level greater than about 10 mg%, a calcium level greater than 400 mg%, and/or a cadmium level above about 0.03 mg%, are other possible cancer indicators on a properly performed hair mineral analysis. As these correct, the likelihood of cancer will decrease, in my experience.
4. A sodium/potassium ratio less than 2. Dr. Paul Eck noted that on a properly performed hair mineral analysis in which the hair is not washed at the laboratory that a sodium/potassium ratio less than 2.5 is associated with an impaired immune response. As the ratio becomes lower, the tendency for immune deficiency and malignancy increases. For more, read Low Sodium/Potassium Ratio on this site.
6. Other toxic metals or severe vital mineral deficiencies. High levels of cadmium, mercury, lead, arsenic, nickel or other toxic metals may be associated with the development of cancer. Poor eliminator patterns are also associated with cancer.
Breast cancer. Breast cancer screening and diagnosis are important subjects. For more on this topic, please read Breast Cancer Screening And Prevention.
Biopsy errors. Please be warned that biopsies can be unreliable. They can produce false positive and false negative results. Try to confirm biopsy findings, if at all possible, since false positive results can cause extensive treatments when they may not be needed. This relates to the next topic.
Defensive medicine. Today, many doctors practice what is called defensive medicine. This is really not medical care, but “legal care”. They may diagnose an early cancer even if they are not sure, because this is preferable to missing the diagnosis and getting sued.
I appreciate their careful approach. However, a person can end up on very toxic drugs, or having toxic radiation therapy and surgery without needing it. They can also become very depressed and anxious for no reason. So please beware of this situation in today’s medical care.
Beware of medical “preventive testing”. X-rays of the breasts, for example, increase cancer incidence. Ultrasound or infrared thermal imaging, by contrast, are much safer. This is just one example of how prevention must be carefully thought out.
A very good and simple serum-based cancer screening panel is available from American Metabolic Laboratories. No doctor’s prescription is needed, as they send you one. See the reference section of this article for more information about this laboratory test.
A nutritional balancing program can cause what looks like cancerous growths, but they are not. Recently, two people who were on nutritional balancing programs suddenly developed “lumps”, that were then diagnosed with cancer. However, upon closer investigation, one was actually told she just had pre-cancerous cells. In both cases, the problem was a healing reaction and the lumps went away on their own. Reasons for the confusion and possible misdiagnoses are:
1. On a nutritional balancing program, the body can move toxins easily into a cyst or benign tumor to make them easier to remove. So a lump appears. It is not cancer, in my experience, but a process of ridding the body of cancer, even though it contains some abnormal cells.
2. Most cancers require 8-10 years to develop before they are diagnosable with standard tests. Nutritional balancing programs do not promote cancer growth. In fact, the opposite is true.
1. Treating cancer as a local disease instead of a systemic one. This tends to cause relapses or recurrences. Doctors then treat these as “new” cancers, when they are just the progression of the same illness that was mistreated the first time with drugs or other methods that do not strengthen and detoxify the entire body.
Other articles related to cancer on this website are:
5. Gerson, M., A Cancer Therapy, Results of 50 Cases, Totality Books, CA, 1977. (Dr. Gerson was a pioneer of natural approaches to cancer. We do not recommend his therapy, however, as it is older and results appear to be better with a nutritional balancing program or the Kelley metabolic cancer therapy (as administered by Mrs. Pamela McDougle only.)
10. Sackman, R., Rethinking Cancer, Non-Traditional Approaches to the Theories, Treatments and Prevention of Cancer, Square One Publishers, Garden City Park, NY, 2003. (ex excellent book by someone who has worked with cancer patients for almost 40 years).