CANCER AND ALTERNATIVE THERAPIES
by Lawrence Wilson, MD
© April 2014, The Center For Development
WARNING: Under Obamacare, you can be arrested for not following doctor’s orders. Also, never use black salve internally more than once. Some false healers are advising using it more often. Never do this!
Cancer is a primary 21st century disease. Cancer is one of the most important disease of this century, and one that wastes millions of lives. Close to one of every two Americans will be diagnosed with it, and the cancer rates are similar around the world. Many others die as a result of a hidden cancer that causes another problem such as a ruptured artery or a stroke.
A fear-filled situation. For these reasons, cancer evokes terrible fear today, probably more than most other illnesses. This means that doctors are afraid of it, as well as patients. Media outlets also express fear in many ways that can scare people.
Not hopeless, ever. I have seen full recoveries from cancer, even advanced cases. This statement is based on over 33 years of assisting over 50,000 people with their health.
My own experience with cancer. This began with my brother’s diagnosis of Hodgkins’s disease in 1967 at the age of 15. He did not survive, in large part because I didn’t know how to help him. However, I discovered, quite by accident, that there is an entire world of alternative cancer therapies that goes unrecognized and is often actively suppressed by the mainstream medical profession and the media.
I also became terrified of cancer. This helped motivate me to research and experiment on myself, in hopes of understanding this condition more.
A research report. This article is a research report on my observations as a doctor who is willing to search outside the mainstream medical literature for answers.
1. This article and all material on this website is for educational purposes only and not intended as diagnosis, treatment or prescription for any health condition, real or imaginary, physical or mental.
2. Nutritional balancing is not intended as diagnosis, prescription, treatment or cure for any disease, mental or physical. Nutritional balancing science is a relatively new method to correct body chemistry through systems principles. It is not a cancer treatment at all. However, in combination with other procedures, it has caused great improvement in some cases.
3. None of the material on this website has been reviewed or approved by the US Food And Drug Administration (FDA), the American Medical Association (AMA) or any other organization.
4. A nutritional balancing program alone is not sufficient to correct most cases of cancer. Therefore, I suggest several remedies and programs below for its correction.
5. No promises or guarantees can ever be made with any therapy. This must be made absolutely clear. However, the right natural methods have helped many people overcome cancer.
Handling cancer cases. For doctors interested in helping others, assisting those with cancer is quite difficult. The reasons are:
1. Self-sabotage is common among cancer patients. Self-sabotage means that the patient often does things that destroy the effectiveness of the natural program. They may forget to follow the diet, or forget to take supplements, or something else. The reasons for this are explained, in part, below.
2. Most with cancer are confused, scared and perhaps angry. This gets in the way of success in some cases.
3. Medical pressure. Doctors often put a lot of pressure on patients and their families to follow conventional protocols.
4. Family and other social pressures. Families and friends often put a lot of pressure on patients to avoid natural methods and follow conventional methods.
5. Legal pressures. In some states, political authorities insist upon conventional drug, radiation and surgical procedures for cancer and prosecute anyone who offers alternatives, even if the conventional methods do not work. This is rather insane, but one must recall that conventional cancer therapy is very costly and is big business.
6. Use of very toxic medical remedies. Some cancer patients have already had chemotherapy and radiation, and perhaps surgical therapies that have compromised the body’s ability to heal itself. This complicates natural therapies.
CANCER POLITICS AND THE BIAS OF THE MEDICAL PROFESSION
The AMA (American Medical Association) and other powerful medical groups do not like the competition from natural cancer therapies. Doctors who offer it are often harassed by federal agents, and some lose their licenses for helping people recover from a terminal disease.
However, many prominent politicians and others know about these therapies. Ronald Reagan and Betty Ford are just two among many who received natural, alternative cancer therapies and succeeded.
You will generally not hear about the alternatives I will suggest below because they do not involve patentable drugs, or radiation therapy. As a result, the drug industry and others cannot profit from them. This sounds very cynical, but it is the truth, and nothing but the truth.
The pharmaceutical industry has infiltrated medical care to an enormous degree. They mainly profit from patentable products, which does not include foods, vitamins, minerals, oxygen therapy, herbs and similar products.
The drug industry and their allies strongly discourage the public from using natural cancer therapies mainly by controlling what doctors learn and how they practice their trade. Control is accomplished through the medical licensing laws, hospital regulations, laboratory regulations, and extensive media control. Several excellent books have been written about the sad and insane control of the drug companies over medical care, and particularly as regards cancer therapy.
Medical studies of cancer remedies. One must be extremely wary of “medical studies” about cancer because most are biased and manipulated to achieve a certain outcome. Here are just a few ways that studies are rigged to produce a certain outcome:
1. Studies often discuss the “5-year survival rate” of various therapies. If a person lives for five years, he or she is considered cured. If the person dies even one day after the five years is up, the person is still categorized as “cured”. This, of course, is insane, since most people want to live more than five years. But this is how the statistics are set up, although most people do not know this.
2. Drugs are often tested for only a short time, during which the drug may show “promise”. The drug maker knows that if they extended the time a few more months or a year, it would fail, but they do not report this fact.
3. Often, a special group of people are used in the study that the authors know will do well on a drug. Yet this is not revealed. Alternatively, when “studying” a natural therapy, the authors of the study may select participants that they know will not do well, but they do not reveal this fact.
4. If a person participating in a drug study dies before completing the trial period, that person may be removed entirely from the study because he or she did not complete the study. This skews the study and makes it look much more successful than it really was.
5. In one drug trial, rats died during the study period, and were simply replaced by new rats in order to complete the study.
6. The “study” of alternative methods are done with only one or a few participants. This should not be considered valid, but it often is. Medical studies of hair analysis were rigged this way, for example.
5. Authors of drug studies are often paid by drug companies to conclude something the study really does not show, often while ignoring the real facts or conclusions. However, you would never know this unless you read the study very carefully.
6. A “study” can easily discredit a new method of cancer therapy by using the wrong dosage, the wrong protocol for the product, or even the wrong product. This is done very commonly. It might even look like a silly “mistake”, but it is no such thing.
7. Something is added to or omitted from the “study” protocol that wrecks the intended effect. For example, if a natural product also requires a healthful diet along with it, the dietary part is omitted and the product “studied” without the diet.
8. I found that studies of natural products at major cancer centers in the United States found benefit in natural methods. However, the results were either not reported in medical journals, or they were buried in other ways so that doctors and others did not find out about them.
9. Dozens of other tricks can be used to either make a product seem effective when it is not, or to discredit a valid method. The above are just a small sampling of how scientific studies can be biased, and how the public and doctors are kept in the dark about the dismal performance of much of drug medicine. This ignorance and deception today pervades the entire medical establishment, even the most elite medical centers. However, it is perhaps most pronounced in the area of cancer therapy.
KINDS OF CANCERS
All cancers are not the same in their cause. Here are a few types I have encountered. They overlap somewhat, but it is important to figure out what caused your cancer in order to overcome it:
1. Emotional and stress cancers. These cancers are primarily due to stress. The stress can be financial, emotional, family or other. Reducing the stress is essential or the person will not do well. Sometimes resentments, hidden anger, hidden fears or other emotional issues are also at play, and need to be exposed and reduced of success will not occur.
2. Toxic and nutritionally caused cancers. These are common cancers. To get rid of them, one must remove the toxins from the body and replenish the alkaline reserve minerals in the body. Nothing less will do. The toxins can be:
a) Toxic chemicals found in our air, food, water and ddue to skin or other contact.
b) Toxic metals. These include metals such as arsenic and cadmium.
c) Biological toxins. These are mainly infections in the teeth, for some reason. However, one could have a hidden infection anywhere in the body giving off powerful toxins that spread through the blood and poison the entire body.
d) Emotional toxins. These were discussed above.
e) Mental toxins. These are literally false and usually negative thinking that can apparently cause cancer.
f) Auto-intoxication. This is the generation of poisonous substances in the intestines, mainly, due to an improper diet and usually impaired digestion and stress.
3. Genetic, or rather RNA transcription errors. This overlaps almost completely with the toxic and nutritional causes of cancers above. However, you would not know this by the way doctors talk about cancer and genetics. For more on this very important topic, please read Genetic Testing on this website.
4. Life termination cancers. This is an interesting group of cancers. When some people become discouraged or too ill, they seem to make a decision to die. The soul may use cancer as a way to leave this earth. These cancers are harder to reverse, since doing so requires a new decision to live, rather than to die. Sometimes this is not hard to do, but sometimes the death wish it is hidden deep in consciousness and takes time and energy to change.
The above explains why one person is successful with one type of therapy, but it does not seem to work on someone else. It also explains why I suggest that everyone realize that ALL of the causes above may be in play with your cancer. Do not rule out any of them, and use an approach that addresses all of the causes above.
A SIMPLIFICATION OF CANCER
A rough way to understand cancer is the following:
Cancer loves: 1) low oxygen, 2) a yin body (from eating fruit and sweets, old age, too much sex or other causes), 3) sugars of all kinds in the diet, including fruit, 4) absence of sunshine, 5) low etheric energy from old age or ill health, 6) resentment, in particular, and other negative emotions such as anger and fear, 7) toxic bodies, 8) yeast and fungus in the body, 9) low levels of alkaline reserve minerals (that everyone has today due to low-mineral food and processed food diets, 10) weak adrenal and thyroid glands, and 11) excessive estrogen levels, and 12) jin shin jyutsu therapy, unfortunately.
Meanwhile, cancer hates:
1) high oxygen levels, 2) red heat lamp therapy, 3) high etheric energy in the body that comes from doing the Roy Masters meditation with my modification, 4) coffee enemas, 5) love, 6) a less toxic body, 7) absence of yeast and fungus in the body, 8) high levels of alkaline reserve minerals, 9) healthy thyroid and adrenal glands, and 10) low or normal estrogen levels.
Estrogen and cancer. Estrogens, particularly some estrogens, are potent carcinogens. This is related to the trophoblast theory of cancer, discussed elsewhere in this article. Two reasons today for high estrogen levels are:
1. Toxic livers that are extremely common. The liver must detoxify estrogen.
2. Elevated copper levels and low zinc levels. Copper and estrogen levels tend to follow one another. Zinc is deficient in the soil, so it is deficient in our food supply, as well. Stress also lowers zinc and often raises copper in the body.
3. Possibly a compensatory mechanism that could result from some types of adrenal exhaustion.
4. Use of birth control pills and patches and the birth control IUD.
5. Estrogen-mimicking chemicals used in chemical agriculture, mainly.
6. Possibly other reasons.
Now let us examine testing and therapies.
GENETIC TESTING FOR CANCER
Please be careful with these tests. They really do not measure genetic problems, but rather transcription or copying errors, which are correctable. This can be very confusing, and needlessly scary!
To understand genetic testing, please read the article entitled Genetic Testing on this website.
ALTERNATIVE CANCER THERAPIES
Introduction. There are many alternative cancer therapies. No one knows all there is about reversing cancer, so I can only share my experience. This article only discusses several alternative cancer therapies. THEY ARE THE ONLY ONES I SUGGEST at this time.
The methods I suggest use fairly non-toxic cancer-killing agents. These therapies work quite well, when done properly and faithfully. With proper use, many cancers go away, often quite easily.
WARNING about most holistic, alternative, or complementary cancer care. Alternative medical care for cancer is a jungle, and full of problems, in my view. Most of the holistic doctors, naturopaths, chiropractors, and others do not have enough experience, do not know enough, or are simply not smart enough to do a good job, in many cases.
WARNING: I do NOT recommend herbs, mushroom therapy, germanium, cesium, chelation therapy, homeopathy, IV vitamin C, iodine therapy, IPT (or insulin potentiation therapy), most electrical machines, raw food diets, beta glucan, cottage cheese and vegetable oil, IP-6, vegetarian diets, or baking soda treatments. I would strictly avoid all of these therapies.
In my experience, these methods simply do not work well enough. They may cause some improvement for a while, but they do not work deeply enough. Some will guarantee death, in fact.
Also, if you choose the three methods recommended in this article, you must do them correctly and faithfully. Do not fool around and change the protocols! That is a stern warning, since many cancer patients are either so worried or so scattered that they cannot follow a protocol very well.
OTHER ASPECTS THAT ARE CRITICAL FOR SUCCESS
Root-canal filled teeth. I strongly suggest that anyone dealing with cancer have ALL root canal-filled teeth removed at once. I know this can be costly and drastic, but is often very important if you want to live. You would be surprised how toxic most root canal-filled teeth are. The only solution I know of is to have them removed, at once.
Dental amalgams. DO NOT replace dental amalgams when there is an active cancer. Wait until the cancer is in remission. The reason is the mercury removal process releases some mercury into the body. This can flare up the cancer and kill you. Also, never have more silver amalgam dental fillings placed in your mouth, as they are quite toxic.
Glandular products (such as adrenal or thyroid glandulars). DO NOT TAKE GLANDULAR PRODUCTS IF YOU HAVE CANCER. Some cancers are hormone-driven and products such as adrenal or thyroid glandular supplements can make things worse. I also would avoid herbs that stimulate the glands or contain hormone-like substances for the same reason. These include licorice root and other “adrenal herbs” and tyrosine or “thyroid herbs”.
The use of raw liver. Eating a little raw liver daily may help very ill cancer patients. This technique was first used by Max Gerson, MD and later by William Kelley, DDS.
Due to its taste, the best way to do it is usually to buy fresh, raw, organic, free-range calf liver. Take it home and immediately cut it into small squares about 1-inch square. Place these in the freezer on a pan or plastic ice cube tray so they won’t stick together.
Each day, eat about two of these directly from the freezer. The coldness of the liver obscures its strong taste.
This is still being researched, but may be helpful.
COMMENTS ABOUT CONVENTIONAL CANCER THERAPIES
As stated earlier, conventional cancer therapy – radiation, surgery or drugs - is generally quite insane, in my view. Its effectiveness is generally poor, its adverse effects are sometimes worse than the disease, and its cost is much too high. It basically poisons the patient and the cancer, hopefully poisoning the cancer a little more than it poisons the patient. This is one approach, and it sometimes works, but not that well in too many cases.
However, it is all that is permitted today in mainstream medical care. Doctors that recommend other cancer therapies usually lose their license to practice medicine, so I would not even bother to ask them about alternative therapies.
Conventional medical methods are also often the only therapies that health insurance will pay for, because the insurance industry is heavily regulated and controlled by the drug industry. Otherwise, the insurance industry would realize that several natural therapies are 1) as effective or more effective than conventional therapy, 2) have fewer side effects, and 3) are much less costly.
The best conventional therapy. This is often surgery. Surgery is fast and does not leave the patient as poisoned as does chemotherapy and radiation. However, one does get a lot of anesthesia drugs that must later be removed from the body, ideally.
Surgery is often not needed if one uses the correct natural therapy. It should ONLY be used in cases in which 1) the tumor is enormous and thus difficult to digest and remove naturally, or 2) if the tumor is pressing on a vital structure such as an artery or a nerve, and must be removed to save one’s life.
Also, one should use the natural therapies described in this article before and after surgery to prevent a recurrence of cancer, which is common. This means that one cannot remove all cancer surgically. It is always lurking elsewhere. Surgery is just good to remove large or life-threatening tumors, but not to heal the whole body.
Combining natural therapies with conventional cancer treatment. This is certainly possible. Nutritional balancing can be done along with conventional cancer therapy. It is certainly better than doing conventional therapy without a natural healing program.
However, keep in mind that conventional cancer treatment is extremely toxic, the opposite of the goal of natural therapies, in general. Secondly, conventional treatment wastes the patient’s energy, usually depletes their nutrition, and often has other adverse effects.
Combining several natural therapies. PLEASE DO NOT DO THIS. It will usually wreck the Kelley program or a nutritional balancing program.
Nutritional balancing for those undergoing conventional cancer therapies. Nutritional balancing can be used as an adjunctive and supportive therapy for those who have elected to pursue conventional cancer therapy such as chemotherapy, radiation or surgery. If you are not sure what to do, you may email me for more information at Send An Email. Remember that nutritional balancing is not a cancer therapy. It is a general health program only and not a therapy for any disease or condition.
ALTERNATIVE THERAPIES I SUGGEST
The following are the ONLY natural cancer therapies I suggest. Please be careful. I do not like most of the natural cancer therapies, as they are not good enough, no matter what some claim.
#1. CANTRON OR PROTOCEL
This is quite an amazing remedy when combined with a complete nutritional balancing program and a few important modifications to the nutritional balancing program. To learn about it, please read Cantron on this website.
#2. THE KELLEY METABOLIC THERAPY
This is the other natural cancer therapy that I think is actually the best one. It is much more costly than Cantron, however, and often not necessary if one uses Cantron and a complete nutritional balancing program. To read about this program, please read The Kelley Metabolic Therapy on this website.
OTHER EXCELLENT ADJUNCTIVE THERAPIES
#1. OXYGEN THERAPIES. Extra oxygen can kill cancer cells. It is a fairly safe, and often a fairly simple therapy, as well. Only use it in conjunction with one of the two therapies listed above, as it is not enough by itself.
Oxygen is available in various forms and modalities:
A) Practice deep breathing every day, for at least one hour. Really stretch your abdomen and chest when you breathe. Read Breathing on this site for more on deep breathing. This can greatly enhance oxygenation of the body and is very easy. Do deep breathing for at least 1 hour daily.
B) Ozone. This is another excellent way to increase oxygenation of the body. Ozone and deep breathing are best because they are the most yang methods of increasing oxygen in the body. Peroxide and hyperbaric oxygen are more yin, which is not helpful.
Ozone can be taken rectally, in an IV solution, breathed in, in a bath, in a steam cabinet, and in your drinking water. Ozone is O3, an unstable form of oxygen that gives off one of its oxygen atoms to your body when it is placed inside the body.
Everyone can buy an ozonator/ionizer air purifier and set it up in the bedroom, preferably, and breathe some ozone all night and day, as well. Click here to learn more about getting one of these machines.
Also, an excellent ozone system for your drinking water is available on the internet from www.oxygenorchard.com. Rectal ozone, bubbling ozone into a bath, or an ozone steam cabinet are also home therapies and not too difficult.
A very good combination is a peroxide bath (described below) and a tube with ozone placed in the same bath and perhaps near the cancer.
C) Hydrogen peroxide. This is a very corrosive compound that can be added to baths, mainly, or possibly added to drinking water. I do not suggest it quite as much as ozone because bathing in tap water is too contaminated. However, it is widely available and inexpensive. A peroxide bath is very good, and consists of a hot bath at least on the legs, with about 1 cup of 35% food grade hydrogen peroxide added. Soak for at least half an hour. Repeat up to three times weekly. Stop if you do not feel better after a time, as oxygen is limited in its effect on cancer, but very good, at times.
#2. BLACK SALVE
This is an ancient native American herbal formula used to remove skin cancers, but it also works on some internal cancers. While it can be irritating, it usually does an excellent job on skin cancers, in particular! It is also extremely inexpensive and not too toxic.
It can easily remove cancerous and pre-cancerous moles very easily, as well as some skin infections.
A book about it is called Cancer Salves by Ingrid Naiman. For much more information about black salve and how it works, read Black Salve on this website.
OTHER TOPICS RELATED CANCER
WHAT IS CANCER?
Doctors differ in their beliefs about exactly what cancer is. According to some, however, it is a normal type of cell line that simply expresses or grows at the wrong time and place. The cell line is called the trophoblast.
The word trophoblast means “to nourish the blast or baby”. The cell line should only arise during the first eight to twelve weeks of pregnancy. Its function is to nourish the fetus until what is called the critical period of pregnancy, when the placenta grows and takes over the job of nourishing the fetus.
According to the theory, as our bodies age and break down slowly, this older tissue line becomes active in the wrong time and place, and this is cancer. As early as 1902, John Beard, MD, a brilliant embryologist, wrote The Trophoblast Theory Of Cancer. To my knowledge, the theory has withstood many tests, yet one rarely hears about it. I wonder if the reason is that if it were shown to be true, the answer for this disease recommended in 1902 would have to be applied, and the entire cancer “business” would end.
Cancer is one disease that is far better to prevent than to treat, in most cases. Here is why:
1. It can be very advanced, and fast-moving, yet no symptoms may be present. Just last month, a friend called because his 28-year-old young son had minor surgery for an abdominal problem. Much to everyone’s surprise, his abdomen was full of cancer, and he soon died. This is unfortunately a common story.
2. Dissolving tumors is not that easy for the human body, especially one with impaired eliminative organs. This greatly slows healing of cancer and causes many failures in natural and conventional cancer therapies. The body’s detoxification system is just overwhelmed. This is one reason I only suggest the two natural methods that I do, and no others at this time. It is also why coffee enemas are a key to natural cancer therapy. Skipping them is just foolishness.
3. All illness is more difficult to handle in older people, and these are the ones who usually suffer with cancer.
4. Cancer is life-threatening and will take the life if one does not stop it. Thus, just slowing it down is better than nothing, but is not enough, as it is with many other illnesses. Cancer must be stopped, as a general rule, or life will end sooner, if not later.
SAUNA THERAPY AS PRIMARY, SECONDARY AND TERTIARY PREVENTION OF CANCER
The use of a near infrared heat lamp sauna is a very cost-effective and powerful method to help prevent and help eliminate cancers.
For prevention one must use the lamp sauna daily for at least 60 minutes daily. Ideally, have two 30-minute sessions daily. I would also suggest a nutritional balancing program, either the free program or better, a program with one of the Approved Practitioners.
If one has cancer, one must either use a three-lamp sauna three times daily for at least 30 minutes each, or use a four-lamp sauna twice daily for at least 30 minutes each. There is something helpful about the rays from the reddish 250-watt incandescent heat lamps.
A far infrared sauna or a traditional hot rocks sauna are not nearly as good, as they do not offer the rays from the 250-watt incandescent heat lamps. Far infrared saunas may be harmful due to the stray electromagnetic fields they all produce.
Near infrared sauna therapy helps remove two dozen toxic metals, hundreds of toxic chemicals, and often a dozen or more chronic infections in the body. It also has many other therapeutic effects.
Saunas do far more than just reduce the risk of cancer, and is not a specific cancer therapy, unless combined with other products and procedures. Thus, it can also help prevent a dozen other devastating illnesses, at least, and actually rejuvenates the body as it does so. See the article entitled Sauna Therapy for much more information about this rather amazing therapy.
If one is serious about cancer prevention, include the use of a near infrared sauna as a primary preventive therapy.
One can either buy or build a lamp sauna. To find companies I recommend who sell this type of sauna, please go to Buy A Sauna. To build a sauna, free plans are on this website at Sauna Plans. Also, we offer a book, Sauna Therapy, with more plans.
Most saunas can be converted to a near infrared sauna by just adding the heat lamps to it.
HOW TO ENHANCE A METABOLIC THERAPY PROGRAM
Here are a few keys to success that may not be emphasized enough by some books or practitioners.
1. Do the Roy Masters mental exercise for at least one hour, and preferably two hours daily. I strongly advise all cancer patients to use the Roy Masters meditation with my modification. It is explained in the article Meditation For Healing, where you can also download an audio version free of charge. I also offer the exercise on a CD for $9.00 plus shipping.
The exercise is simple and very powerful. I credit my own health recovery in large measure to doing this exercise daily, which I still do.
2. Rest a lot more. This is primary. Rest will help any healing process. Go to bed by 8:30 PM each night, or earlier, nap each afternoon and try to get 10 to 12 hours of sleep daily between these two. The early hours of the evening are the best times for sleeping.
3. Be sure to eat two to three cups of cooked vegetables three times daily. Replenishing the alkaline reserve minerals by this method is essential. Do not substitute other methods, such as mineral tablets, or other methods. It won’t work as well, in my experience.
4. Drink about three quarts of quality spring water each day. If you cannot afford this, the next best water to drink is usually carbon filtered tap water. Be sure to change the filters every six months or more often.
Reverse osmosis water does not hydrate the body well, and does not provide minerals. I would avoid. Alkaline water will cause positive benefits at first, but not necessarily in the long run. I would not use it. Also, avoid other “designer waters”, as a general rule. Read Water For Drinking for more on this subject.
5. Perhaps do an extra coffee enema and/or an sauna session. I suggest 3 or 4 coffee enemas daily. Often the best is to do two enemas, back to back, in the morning, and two more in the afternoon or early evening. These will not, in our experience, interfere at all with Protocel or Cantron, and they are a critical part of the Kelley program.
As stated above, I suggest using a near infrared lamp sauna only, and using a three-lamp model 3 times daily or a 4-lamp model can be used twice daily. The use of a near infrared light sauna was added very late in Dr. Kelley’s life, so many practitioners do not know about its benefits.
6. Stay positive. The cancer cells themselves actually secrete substances that contribute to depression or discouragement. Purification reactions that are, in fact, beneficial can also cause fear. At times, these can unnerve even the most stable and dedicated person.
Research by the Simontons and other doctors indicates that staying positive is critical for the best success. Here are several ways to do this:
a) Read to understand all you can about your program. It can help you to have faith and confidence in what you are doing and why.
b) Do your best to concentrate on the positive and ignore the negative feelings. This may seem impossible, but is a skill that can be learned. It involves letting go of the negative because you realize it is just “old tapes” playing over and over in your head. After a while, they begin to just fade away. Also, you will have to ignore negative websites and naysayers that may be found in your family, friends, doctors etc. I do not say to ignore all warning signs, but spending your time with doctors and those who do not support your program is generally not a good idea.
c) Use methods that help you to stay positive. This might include uplifting books, CDs, inspiring movies, or talking with positive friends. It may also be taking walks in the woods or a park, meditating properly with the Roy Masters exercise, but not others, or any other helpful and healthful activity.
The article on my website entitled Reflections On The Twenty-Third Psalm can also be helpful. This particular affirmation was and is very inspiring for thousands throughout the ages.
d) Think spiritually. This means to know you are more than your physical body. This is what I mean by “think spiritually”. It allows us to have a greater love for the self and for the world as well. Some ways to act spiritually are to go to church, or to read and study high-quality spiritual material. Many opportunities are all around you.
7. Be realistic and grounded. Always keep in touch with your practitioner. Healing cancer is not a do-it-yourself proposition at all. Not all reactions mean you are healing, by any means.
For example, for several years I followed a Natural Hygiene regimen of mostly vegetarian raw food. I developed rashes and other symptoms that I believed were indicators of healing, and others around me agreed.
In fact, I was becoming more ill. It cost me dearly in terms of my health. Fortunately, an acquaintance finally convinced me to quit the regimen. I had surrounded myself with others who thought like me, but the method simply didn’t work, in spite of my best efforts to follow the regimen faithfully.
This is why I only recommend working with someone who has an excellent reputation with cancer patients, not a general type of practitioner. Healing cancer with any approach is challenging, even for a seasoned practitioner. For this reason, I do not work with cancer. It is just not my specialty and I admire those who have made it theirs.
Unrealistic thinking and approaches will get you killed with cancer. I know this warning may sound like it is coming from the American Medical Association, but please be warned. Be open-minded but never rigid, if possible. If you are not succeeding, something has to change. Do not stay with a program if it is obviously not working for you.
Miracles can occur with any healing method. However, they don’t happen that often. So use your common sense at all times when dealing with cancer.
TISSUE MINERAL PATTERNS SEEN OFTEN WITH CANCER
Certain metabolic patterns that are visible on a properly performed and properly interpreted hair mineral analysis are more associated with cancer. Here are those that occur most often, though there are others as well.
1. Sympathetic dominance
Excessive activity of the sympathetic nervous system inhibits healing in at least five different ways. If this factor is not dealt with, no therapy will be too effective. The tendency to overuse the sympathetic nervous system, which we call sympathetic dominance, is often unconscious. This only makes it worse, because the person thinks he or she is just living “normally”, but in fact the person is stuck in a trap or vicious cycle of tissue breakdown or catabolism due to the overuse of the sympathetic nervous system. I tell people it is as though they believe they are being chased by a pack of tigers all the time. This inhibits digestion, elimination and the immune response severely, and slowly tears down the body.
On a hair mineral test, it is indicated by a potassium level of 4 mg% or less, or three or four highs pattern with a slightly elevated sodium/potassium ratio. Secondary indicators are an elevated sodium/potassium ratio by itself, and/or an elevated calcium/magnesium ratio if the sodium/potassium ratio is high.
Pancreatic enzymes and Protocel may actually help to correct this tendency, and this may account for some of the feelings of fatigue that people with active cancer may feel for a time on these products. Coffee enemas and sauna therapy is also excellent to counteract sympathetic dominance. Sympathetic dominance is a very critical subject. To read more, about it, read Sympathetic Dominance.
2. Four lows pattern
This pattern is also common, and consists of low tissue levels of calcium, magnesium, sodium and potassium. For more on this interesting pattern, read Four Lows Pattern.
copper, calcium and/or cadmium
A copper level greater than about 10 mg%, a calcium level greater than 400 mg%, and/or a cadmium level above about 0.03 mg%, are other possible cancer indicators on a properly performed hair mineral analysis. As these correct, the likelihood of cancer will decrease, in my experience.
4. A sodium/potassium ratio less than 2
Dr. Paul Eck noted that on a properly performed hair mineral analysis in which the hair is not washed at the laboratory that a sodium/potassium ratio less than 2.5 is associated with an impaired immune response. As the ratio becomes lower, the tendency for immune deficiency and malignancy increases. For more, read Low Sodium/Potassium Ratio on this site.
5. Phosphorus less than 12 mg%
This is a low vitality indicator. For more information, read Phosphorus on this site.
6. Other toxic metals or severe vital mineral deficiencies
High levels of mercury, lead, arsenic, nickel or other toxic metals may be associated with the development of cancer. Poor eliminator patterns are also associated with cancer.
Very low levels of zinc, for example, may also indicate a severely impaired immune response. More research is needed on the specifics of these indicators.
PROBLEMS WITH CONVENTIONAL CANCER DIAGNOSES AND SCREENING
Breast cancer. Breast cancer screening and diagnosis are important subjects. For more on this topic, please read Breast Cancer Screening And Prevention.
Biopsy errors. Please be warned that biopsies can be unreliable. They can produce false positive and false negative results. Try to confirm biopsy findings, if at all possible, since false positive results can cause extensive treatments when they may not be needed. This relates to the next topic.
Defensive medicine. Today, many doctors practice what is called defensive medicine. This is really not medical care, but legal care. They may diagnose an early cancer even if they are not sure, because this is preferable to missing the diagnosis and getting sued.
I appreciate their careful approach. However, a person can end up on very toxic drugs, or having toxic radiation therapy and surgery without needing it. They can also become very depressed and anxious for no reason. So please beware of this situation in today’s medical care. The answer, in my opinion, is that if you receive a diagnosis of this type, go on Protocel and a nutritional balancing program. This will almost always take care of the cancer without the need for further medical intervention.
Beware of medical “preventive testing”. X-rays of the breasts, for example, increase cancer incidence. Ultrasound or infrared thermal imaging, by contrast, are much safer. This is just one example of how prevention must be carefully thought out.
A very good and simple serum-based cancer screening panel is available from American Metabolic Laboratories. No doctor’s prescription is needed, as they send you one. See the reference section of this article for more information about this laboratory test.
Beware of genetic testing. Genetic testing (really protein synthesis testing) is the newest form of medical testing that is used today to screen for a tendency for certain cancers. However, it is fraught with problems, in my view. For more on this subject, read Genetic Testing on this website.
A nutritional balancing program can cause what looks like cancerous growths, but they are not. Recently, two people who were on nutritional balancing programs suddenly developed “lumps”, that were then diagnosed with cancer. However, upon closer investigation, one was actually told she just had pre-cancerous cells. In both cases, the problem was a healing reaction and the lumps went away on their own. Reasons for the confusion and possible misdiagnoses are:
1. Only on a nutritional balancing program, the body can move toxins easily into a cyst or benign tumor to make them easier to remove. So a lump appears. It is not cancer, in my experience, but a process of ridding the body of cancer, even though it contains some abnormal cells.
2. Most cancers require 5-10 years to develop. Nutritional balancing programs do not tend to promote cancer growth, and in fact the opposite is true.
Common medical errors in handling cancer. These include:
1. Treating cancer as a local disease instead of a systemic one. This tends to cause relapses or recurrences. Doctors then treat these as “new” cancers, when they are just the progression of the same illness that was mistreated the first time with drugs or other methods that do not strengthen and detoxify the entire body.
2. Using extremely toxic drugs and radiation as a first line of treatment, rather than as a last resort in most cases.
3. Ignoring very high quality nutrition and diet, drinking water, food supplements, and perhaps other lifestyle factors when addressing cancer.
4. Ignoring wonderful detoxification procedures such as coffee enemas and the daily use of a near infrared sauna.
REASONS FOR FAILURE WITH NATURAL CANCER THERAPIES
I will mention four factors that are common reasons for failure, so that you can avoid them. These include too much stress, starting too late, the nature of cancer and the inability to follow the program exactly.
1. Stress. For success, you must minimize all activity and stress in your life. You must rest at least 12 hours daily. Stress weakens and disturbs the body severely. It can include financial, social, work, family or other types of stressful conditions. To be successful, plan to rest most of the day for at least a year or two. This will conserve your energy for healing.
2. Starting too late. I am aware of people with extremely advanced cases of cancer that recovered fully using natural therapies. Therefore, it is never too late to begin natural therapy.
However, there can be no foolproof “cure” for cancer. Anyone who offers you one is lying. The main reason is that cancer is a stealth disease and you never know how extensive it is, no matter how many x-rays or tests are run. Also, you never know just how low your vitality level is, and vitality or adaptive energy is required to recover from cancer, as with all diseases. It takes some time to turn around any disease condition, and one never knows if one has that time. Also, digesting and disposing of dead tumors takes a lot of the body’s energy and can be another problem, even if the cancer can be stopped. Therefore, if you suspect cancer, start your alternative program immediately.
4. Failure to follow the program completely and faithfully. This is the most common reason for failure. Here are some reasons this can happen:
a) Altering the program. This is all too common. Doctors or patients often just omit parts of the program, such as coffee enemas. Others try combining programs, often with disastrous results. Others alter a few items, such as the diet, because they are afraid or have read something that influences them.
A hard and fast rule is to avoid changing or omitting anything that is required, even if you don’t understand it. The Kelley program, as administered by Pamela McDougle – but not anyone else - is the result of literally years of research. You are not likely to improve upon it. Dr. Kelley tried many remedies, and rejected most of them for very good reasons that are not known to most physicians and patients.
Nutritional balancing programs are also the result of 40 years of research. Patients do not realize that we have tried most, if not all of the remedies, methods and products available on the market. So if it is not recommended, stay away. If it is recommended, use it, even if it makes little sense.
Holistic physicians, often with little real experience with cancer, are among the worst offenders here. They may attend a seminar or workshop and suddenly feel they can do better than the masters. Adding extra products often wrecks a program, and the reasons can be subtle. Be very careful about this.
b) Inability to do the program. This may be due to financial issues, mental confusion or even a lack of strength to carry out the instructions perfectly.
c) Lack of adequate supervision. This is also common. Always consult your practitioner if you are not sure what to do in a situation. Too many people end up in an emergency room, or stopping their program when this is not the correct solution to a flare-up or other situation.
Doctors who help people with cancer must be available for phone calls, at least, and should supervise patients carefully. Remember, cancer is not a simple illness in most cases.
In fact, cancer is more like a climb up a steep slope where you cannot see the goal clearly at first. There are wrong turns and hazards to avoid, so use care in whom you choose as your guide, and keep in close communication when necessary.
d) Lack of commitment. Any natural approach takes commitment. It will usually not be easy sailing at all times and one must persist, even when it seems like things are not going well. This occurs during what are called healing reactions, for example. for more on this critical subject, read Retracing And Healing Reactions on this website.
e) Quitting too soon. This is another common problem. Plan on staying on your therapy for several years, at least. The diet and lifestyle should be lifelong choices.
One must stay with the natural therapy for at least a year after obvious tumors have shrunk or one feels much better. Otherwise, relapses can occur easily, since cancer is a degenerative condition.
f) Lack of emotional and moral support. This, too, occurs often with alternative cancer approaches, more than with any other illness I am aware of. Some people feel they must have the support of their families, the media and the medical world. Otherwise they feel uncomfortable with their cancer regimen.
Alternative methods do not offer this. For best success, one must be far more independent of the attitudes of others, realizing that they are usually terribly uninformed and misinformed. Often they are also terrified of cancer by the media and not thinking clearly about you and your real needs.
g) Lack of faith in the program. If you believe strongly in someone or something, you will tend to relax, follow orders better, and have a better attitude. If you think you are wasting your time and money, no approach will be as effective.
For this reason, watch out with whom you speak or share your condition, and your plans. Thoughtless or stray words from doctors and others can have a great influence on one who is ill.
If you seek counseling or other help from a counselor, pastor, family or friends, make sure they all understand your natural healing program, and is fully supportive.
h) Reduced will to live. Cancer often causes a person to question the will to live. In fact, it is one of cancer’s blessings. It forces a person to examine why he or she wants to be well at all. This is a challenge for those who have not examined their lives carefully, or who have lived less than wholesome lives. There are ways to enhance the will to live, such as reading spiritual books, reading certain articles on this website that explain how life works, and why life is precious, and others.
WHAT IF YOU ARE NOT SUCCEEDING?
If the program you have chosen is not causing any changes within a few weeks, even subtle ones described below, it may not be working. Fortunately, with the therapies in this article, this rarely happens. Early changes may be subtle and even have little to do with your tumor or cancer. They may be emotional improvements, for example.
For example, you may have more energy, feel happier or have less pain, even if the tumor has not changed. In fact, do not expect your tumor or even your general health to change quickly in many cases. Only with the therapies mentioned in this article and perhaps a few others, tumors occasionally even grow larger for a short time as they soften and disintegrate. Also, tests such as x-rays and blood tests may also look worse, at times. This can be part of the process of tumor necrosis or destruction of the cancer. So, be sure to work with a practitioner who understands this.
Also, do not just pay attention to x-rays or other medical tests, which often cannot detect subtle changes inside tumors. However, if there are no changes at all, even subtle ones, don’t waste your time on something that is not working. Stop what you are doing and change to a different approach. The exception here is that when a healing reaction or retracing is taking place, one must stick with the program. This is difficult, and this is where a professional who understands the program deeply will be of great help. During all retracing, one’s judgment is affected and everyone needs outside help to see their way through.
Should you spend a lot of time with conventional doctors while on a natural therapy program? This is a difficult decision, at times. It is up to you how often you visit your conventional doctor, but I found that staying away from the medical world as much as possible is often very helpful. This is not always the case, but here are my observations based on working with thousands of people:
1. The medical world can be very depressing and discouraging.
2. Doctors and other medical personnel are often deeply afraid of cancer, themselves. They speak and gesture in a way that unconsciously instills fear in you.
3. Most doctors, including holistic doctors, are not well-informed about healing reactions, the Kelley program, nutritional balancing science, etc. So they often inadvertently wreck the programs by suggesting other remedies, other diets, or other therapies.
4. Sadly, the cancer establishment is corrupt. You may not think this is true, as most doctors are well-intentioned, as are most hospitals. However, the licensing boards control medical care and do not want the truth about metabolic cancer therapies to be known.
There is a built-in bias, in other words, against unusual natural therapies that doctors do not know much about. Their journals do not teach them about natural cancer therapy in an honest way, sadly, because they are supported by drug ads. I know this for a fact. So one cannot expect to hear the truth from one’s conventional doctor, although we all want it.
Indeed, many patients are often “railroaded” into complying with doctor’s suggestions in various ways – even legal means. I am sorry to have to say all this, and I wish it were not true, but it is.
Do not be deceived because your doctor is very “nice”, or concerned, or because he was educated at very fine universities. In my experience, none of this matters. This is very hard for some people to fathom – that with all their learning and research staffs, that their doctors might be almost totally ignorant when it comes to metabolic and natural approaches to cancer. However, it is the truth. I experienced this myself and it confused me for years, until I accepted this truth.
1. American Metabolic Laboratories, (Florida) (954) 929-4814. They offer a good panel of cancer blood tests for about $500.00, at this time. No doctor’s prescription is needed.
2. Beard, John, The Trophobastic Theory Of Cancer, 1902.
3. Bearden, T.E., Cancer And The Unresolved Health Issues In The Biological Effects Of Electromagnetic Fields And Radiation, Association of Distinguished American Scientists, Huntsville, AL,1993.
4. Cancer Control Society, 2043 N. Berendo St. Los Angeles, CA 90027, (323) 663-7801. (resource group for alternative cancer therapies that holds annual conventions and more. Too much information at times.)
5. Day, L., MD, Cancer Doesn’t Scare Me Any More, DVD, (800) 574-2437 or www.drday.com (personal story of a surgeon and her cancer recovery with natural methods).
6. Gerson, M., A Cancer Therapy, Results of 50 Cases, Totality Books, CA, 1977. (Dr. Gerson was a pioneer of natural approaches to cancer. I don’t recommend his therapy, however, as it is older and results appear to be better with Protocel plus a nutritional balancing program or the Kelley metabolic cancer therapy as administered by Mrs. Pamela McDougle only.)
7. Kelley, W.D., One Answer To Cancer, College of Metabolic Medicine, 1974 through 1999 editions.
8. Koch, W.F., Cancer And Its Allied Diseases, 1929, Natural Immunity, 1939 and The Survival Factor in Neoplastic and Viral Diseases, 1961 (brilliant books and a little more technical).
9. Moss, R.W, The Cancer Industry, Equinox Press, NY, 1999 (Dr. Moss was employed by Sloan-Kettering Memorial Hospital and writes about his experiences).
10. Pierce, T.H., Outsmart Your Cancer, Thoughtworks Publishing, 2004. (excellently written overview of the cancer problem and natural approaches, with exciting case histories)
11. Sackman, R., Rethinking Cancer, Non-Traditional Approaches to the Theories, Treatments and Prevention of Cancer, Square One Publishers, Garden City Park, NY, 2003. (ex excellent book by someone who has worked with cancer patients for almost 40 years).
12. Sackman, R., Rethinking Cancer DVD, Foundation of Alternative Cancer Therapies, 212-741-2790. (Excellent long-term case histories, by the patients themselves)
13. Simington, O.C. and S.M., Getting Well Again, Bantam Books, NY. (excellent book about attitudes and cancer).
14. Naiman, I., The Cancer Salves, Seventh Ray Press.