DRUG ADDICTION – A NUTRITIONAL PROBLEM?
by Dr. Lawrence Wilson
© December 2016, L.D. Wilson Consultants, Inc.
All information in this article is for educational purposes only. It is not for the diagnosis, treatment, prescription or cure of any disease or health condition.
I have placed at least 150 people who were drug users on nutritional balancing programs. In general, their need and desire for drugs diminishes significantly as their body chemistry balances and strengthens.
People use drugs for various reasons. The fact that a number of them discontinue drugs when their body chemistry improves would tend to indicate that some and perhaps many who use drugs do so as a way to self-medicate.
That is, they do not feel well and this is their main motivation for using drugs. The medical profession – which largely ignores excellent nutrition and the use of natural products - cannot help them. In desperation, they turn to illegal substances to give them temporary energy, to diminish their aches and pains, and to offset feelings of discouragement and even despair about their health situation.
This is the truth about a lot of “recreational” drug use in the world today. It also explains the inordinate demand for so-called recreational drugs, and why drug use is difficult, if not impossible, to stamp out with anti-drug laws and “wars on drugs”.
DRUG USE CAN BE VIEWED AS A MEDICAL PROFESSION FAILURE
In this sense, the widespread use of drugs in America, particularly, is a gross failure of the medical profession to provide people with true health. Instead, the doctors ignore the factors that truly build health, and often recommend more poisons that weaken the body further.
One can be cynical and say that this is the goal of the drug doctors all along, as it guarantees more patients and thus more business for them. It can also be viewed as the real goal of the drug companies that produce the medical products, and the licensing boards that control what the doctors learn in medical schools and do in their offices.
However, I find that due to improper medical education, there exists horrendous ignorance about nutrition among these doctors. There is also terrible fear of losing their licenses if they go against the wishes of their medical licensing boards. This combines with some fear of loss of revenue if their patients actually become well. So it seems to be a combination of ignorance, self-serving greed and ambition that drives and sustains the medical destruction of the health of the people around the world today.
THIS BEGAN YEARS AGO
The trend toward wrecking the health of people with toxic medicines began years ago. Here is a very rough time line of the process:
* 1787 - Benjamin Rush, MD, a physician and signer of the American Declaration Of Independence, stated at the founding of America in 1787, that:
“Laws restricting the practice of the healing art to one class of physicians and denying equal privileges to others, constitutes the Bastille of Medicine, for they prevent progress. They are relics of Monarchy, and therefore have no place in a Republic.”
- quote as cited in the Youngstown Vindicator (1911)
The same man wrote:
“The Constitution of this Republic should make special provision for medical freedom. To restrict the art of healing to one class will constitute the Bastille of medical science. All such laws are un-American and despotic. … Unless we put medical freedom into the constitution, the time will come when medicine will organize into an undercover dictatorship and force people who wish doctors and treatment of their own choice to submit to only what the dictating outfit offers.”
* 1847 - Formation of the America Medical Association to oppose natural forms of healing, with the goal of imposing a drug medicine monopoly or cartel in America.
* 1906 – Formation of the Bureau of Chemistry (now called the Food And Drug Administration) during the progressive Teddy Roosevelt presidency. Supposedly, the mission of the FDA was to protect the American people from adulterated foods and drugs. In fact, this was probably not the case.
The FDA has definitely accomplished the opposite. To this day, the FDA allows and defends the sale of bleached white flour, white sugar, Coca Cola and hundreds of other harmful products. Most other nations have copied the model of the American Food And Drug Administration, multiplying the evil and total corruption of this agency.
* 1910 - The famous Flexner Report and imposition of medical licensing in all states in America. This was a completely unconstitutional power grab by the drug doctors (allopaths) and the great victory of the AMA. It basically got rid of the natural healing doctors, nutritionists, chiropractors, osteopaths, hydrotherapists and any other healers who advocated high quality nutrition and other natural methods of healing. This left only the drug and surgery doctors who poison the people in the name of healing.
From the above “structural” changes in America, have followed a series of devastating insults to the health of the people, such as:
* 1920s - Chlorination of the drinking water. While this was a step forward to halt some water-borne infections, better ways to sanitize water such as ozone are ignored in favor of the toxic chlorine.
* 1930s – Vaccination began to increase. Today, this is the worst abomination of the drug medical system. It is falsely promoted as having reduced disease when it has done little, while public health measures and better nutrition are responsible for the bulk of reduction of childhood and other diseases. Vaccination is now a major crippler of children in America, and around the world. For more information on this topic, please read Vaccination on this website.
1945 - Water fluoridation. This is another horror in America. It has been abandoned in most other nations because it does not work, and contributes to more cancers, hip fractures, thyroid disease, and it dulls the intellect of the population.
1950s – The beginning of autism, ADHD and other problems as a result of vaccinations, bad nutrition, water chlorination and fluoridation, and other insults to the human body.
1950s to the present – Discouraging breast feeding, overuse of x-rays, overprescribing drugs such as antibiotics, and exposure to radiation, continues to ruin children’s health.
1960s – The hippie movement and women’s liberation has further eroded women’s health. Women were encouraged to follow the bad example of men and to smoke cigarettes, drink alcohol, use more drugs, and take birth control pills – one of the most toxic of medical drugs. This has severely worsened the health of their offspring, and caused a serious worsening of the health of all people in America and around the world.
1990s – Medical drug advertising allowed on television and in magazines. The FDA permits literally thousands of chemical additives in the food supply. All this worsens the health of the people and increases drug use to offset the malaise the people feel.