COLLOIDAL SILVER AND BEE PROPOLIS

by Lawrence Wilson, MD

February 2010, The Center For Development

                 

How to handle infections is a problem that has plagued humanity for millennia.  All infections are potentially serious and even life-threatening.  Therefore, never ignore an infection of any kind!  The remedies suggested below can help with most infections.  However, if you are not succeeding after a few days, please contact a health professional.

Antibiotics.  These can help with many bacterial infections.  However, they are ineffective against fungal, viral and parasitic infections, and even against many bacteria today.  Also, they are quite toxic, so if they can be avoided, it is best.  They are also costly, at times.  For much more about antibiotics, read Beyond Antibiotics.  The remedies in this article can often substitute well for antibiotics, and have properties that beneficial, as well, unlike antibiotics.

For example, colloidal silver, bee propolis, and to some degree other natural remedies are very wide spectrum and much less toxic.  They often do much less damage to the normal flora of the intestines, so they cause diarrhea less often.  They are also often much less costly as well and do not require a doctor visit.

 

COLLOIDAL SILVER

 

Silver is germicidal to over 600 types of bacteria, viruses, fungi and parasitic organisms.  This product consists of very small silver particles suspended in distilled water.  A colloid refers to a suspension that is held in suspension because the particles have an electrical charge, so they repel each other and float in the water.  The word colloid may also refer to the particle size. 

This is an older product that is permitted by FDA because it is grandfathered in before the FDA started regulating such products around 1930, or almost 80 years ago.

I prefer to use a commercially-produced colloidal silver that is less than 50 parts per million silver.  The higher concentration products are a little different in their action and might be a little more toxic, though they are useful at times.  They are sometimes called mild silver protein, because they are not true colloids.

One of several good brand of colloidal silver that is inexpensive and works very well is Arabesque.  It is available in some health food stores, and we sell it because it is not widely available.  Click here for more about Arabesque colloidal silver.

 

COMMON WAYS TO USE COLLOIDAL SILVER

 

Topically. It can be applied to any rash, infection, cut, bruise or other skin condition.  It is non-irritating and quite safe, in my experience.

In an ear. For an ear ache, one can drop one or two drops in an ear.  This is also non-irritating.  Tilt the head to one side and keep it there for 5-10 minutes to allow it to be absorbed.  When doing this, it is almost always best to take it orally as well.

By mouth.  Adults can take between ½ teaspoon to 1 tablespoon three times daily, half an hour away from all food and drink on each side.  Reduce the dosage for children based on their weight or size.

Inhaled.  Collodial silver is wonderful for sinus throat, bronchial and lung infections.  It is non-irritating and can be inhaled, sniffed up the nose, placed in a spray bottle or inhaler and breathed deep into the bronchials and lungs several times daily.  When doing this, it is almost always best to take it orally as well.

For an infected tooth or gums. Take a tablespoon of colloidal silver by mouth.  Do not swallow it.  Instead, tilt your head so that the silver is in contact with the infected tooth or gum area.  Keep your head tilted in this direction until the silver is completely absorbed. When doing this, it is almost always best to take it orally as well.

Soaking.  For toenail or fingernail fungus or other infectious conditions, one can soak a part of the body in a small amount of colloidal silver.

Vaginally.  For vaginal infections, one can douche with a little colloidal silver by putting a few tablespoons of it in an enema bag or fleet enema.  Preferably do not dilute it with water, or use as little as possible.  Try to have it remain inside the vagina as long as possible and be absorbed there.

               

CAUTIONS WITH COLLOIDAL SILVER

 

           Do not use home-made colloidal silver, if possible.  The problem with almost all home-made silver products is the particle size cannot be controlled.  As a result, while some is the correct size, larger particles are also present that are more toxic and less effective.  We know of people who have turned blue from using home-made colloidal silver for an extended period of time.  This has never happened in my experience with a high-quality commercially-produced product.

           Take for up to 2 weeks, but do not take for extended periods of time.  Even colloidal silver is somewhat toxic.  Use only as needed.  For acute infections, usually 5 or 6 days is enough.  For parasitic infestations, one may have to take it for about 2-3 weeks so that it is available during all reproductive stages or cycle of the parasite.

           Take it ideally ½ hour away from all food and all beverages, even drinking water.  This appears to help it to be absorbed better.

           Do not refrigerate the product and do not leave it near a large electrical field such as a motor, television set, computer or other electrical device.  This is because colloidal silver is an electrically charged particles.  Storing it near a large electrical field could discharge the particles somewhat.

           We dont have a lot of experience using it in the eyes, so we cannot recommend it, although some have reported doing this without a problem.

 

BEE PROPOLIS

 

                  This is a product made by bees that the bees use as an anti-infective agent.  It is very low toxicity and has wide-spectrum anti-infective action.  I do not know the exact mode of action of this product.  It is widely available in health food stores in liquid and tablet form.  There is no harm in using it and it is effective and safe in most cases.

                  How to use bee propolis.  Propolis is very well-tolerated, in my experience.  Since there are many preparations on the market, in general, follow the directions on the bottle.  Usually on needs to take at least 3 capsules or tablets daily, and perhaps more.  The strength of the liquid preparations varies, so the dosage will vary as well.

                  Cautions.  Propolis sticks to the teeth.  If you use a liquid preparation, I suggest putting the drops into a capsule and then swallowing the capsule to avoid getting the liquid on your teeth.

 

 

Home * Hair Analysis * Saunas * Books * Articles
Detoxification Protocols * Courses * About Dr. Wilson