by Dr. Lawrence Wilson
Ó February 2014, L.D. Wilson Consultants, Inc.
All information in this article is for educational purposes only. It is not for the diagnosis, treatment, prescription or cure of any disease or health condition.
This is a newer condition, only described within the last 8 years or so. It seems to be spreading quickly, however.
Causes. There is much controversy as to the cause. Some believe it is an infection, perhaps with a fungal or bacterial organism. It is not often possible to isolate a particular micro-organism, so far, however. Many with the condition appear to follow vegetarian-oriented and vegan-oriented diets. This may be a clue to its cause. For example, these individuals, in our experience, always have higher copper levels. Copper imbalance of this type is associated with certain infections, especially those of fungal origin.
Some believe that the condition is psychological in origin, but this does not seem to be true because the condition responds, at least at times, to anti-fungal and perhaps other anti-infective agents such as colloidal silver and other products.
Symptoms. These usually include lesions on the skin, which are disfiguring, may be itchy and which may exude odd-looking colored fibers. Often the person scratches the skin and feels like the skin is crawling or something is under the skin.
In addition to the skin symptoms, many with the condition experience brain fog, weakness, muscle aches or other pain syndromes such as fibromyalgia.
CORRECTION OF MORGOLLONS
This condition is still rather new, so natural treatments are still being researched and developed. We are just beginning to work with this condition, so we have less experience. The following is a research report based upon few cases.
1. Avoid most drugs. Several people have committed suicide due to the side effects of amphotericin-B, powerful and prolonged antibiotic therapy, and other drugs used by mainstream and holistic doctors of all kinds.
2. Avoid toxic “natural” substances, in our view, unless nothing else works. For example, Mel at www.howicuredmorgollons.com recommends molecular silver and MMS (miracle mineral supplement). MMS is definitely toxic and should not be used for any extended period of time, and preferably avoided. Molecular silver is also somewhat toxic, in my view, although perhaps others would disagree. We use colloidal silver for some conditions, but only for a week at a time and not for chronic use, as this website suggests. Side effects of these products might take years to show up, so short-term benefits are not the whole story. It is important, however, that Mel got results, as it tells us that there in an infectious aspect to the condition.
3. Eat meat and cooked vegetables, and avoid all sugars, all fruit, all fruit juices, and all vegetarian and vegan diets. This is not enough to correct the condition, perhaps, but it seems to help.
4. Most likely toxic metals play a role in the condition. Research will reveal more about this as we see more cases. However, copper imbalance, mercury toxicity, lead and cadmium have been identified in various clients with Morgollons.
5. Nutritional balancing is most likely excellent for this condition, but it is too early to say with certainty. Check this article as it will be updated as we learn more.