by Dr. Lawrence Wilson
© May 2016, L.D. Wilson Consultants, Inc.
All information in this article is for educational purposes only. It is not for the diagnosis, treatment, prescription or cure of any disease or health condition.
Click here to listen to an older version of the The Pushing Down Exercise
Click here to listen to five short newer versions of the Pushing Down Exercise:
To download the above pushing exercise audio files to your computer:
Right-click on the link, or use control-click if you have a Mac computer and cannot right click. Doing this will bring up a dialog box and one option is "Save link as". Choose this option and it will save the entire file to your desktop, or wherever you want it.
Table Of Contents
Update: August 2015
When And Where
Body Position – Lying Versus Sitting
Emptying The Mind
The Neck Pull
Who Does Best With The Pushing Exercise?
Doing The Exercise With A Group
Coping With What Comes Up
Ways To Make The Exercise Easier And More Effective
Who Does Best With This Exercise
Calming The Mind
Bringing In A New Energy
Developing Power And Broadcasting
Is It Religious?
Reading About It Does Not Work
Update. AUGUST 2015: I changed the name of the mental exercise that is part of every nutritional balancing program to the pushing down exercise. The reason is that it really is not meditative. It is an action exercise.
Also, it has nothing to do with meditations such as Transcendental Meditation, Vipassana meditation, Mindfulness meditation, Zen meditation, Kundalini meditation and most others. This is critical to know.
Meditations are usually calm, contemplative, gentle and relaxing. The pushing down exercise is none of these! It is active, forceful, intense and not too relaxing, at least while you are doing it. It will help one relax because it brings up and resolves deep traumas that keep one from relaxing. However, doing it is not generally relaxing.
My history. I learned a related exercise around 1978 from a book by Roy Masters. At the time, I was “experimenting” with many prayers and mental exercises. Doing his exercise helped me to focus the mind and relax.
I soon modified his exercise, which made it much more powerful. Soon I could feel subtle energy moving from my head to my feet. Practicing it while doing a coffee enema made it much easier and even more powerful.
Around the year 2000, a superb Tai Ch’i instructor deepened my understanding of it. Subsequent research revealed that I had stumbled on an ancient spiritual practice used in most religions for the purpose of development.
Not part of Dr. Eck’s program. Dr. Paul Eck, from whom I learned the basics of nutritional balancing, did not include the pushing down exercise in his nutritional balancing programs. I added the exercise to enhance his excellent nutritional method.
1. Don’t do other mental exercises. Other meditative exercises, such as Mindfulness Meditation, Transcendental Meditation, Zen, Vipassana, Kriya, Kundalini, Buddhist meditation, yogic exercises or others are not the same as the pushing exercise. They have other benefits, but they do not have the same effect, and for this reason I strongly advise avoiding them.
Another problem with many of them is they do not move subtle energy powerfully in only a downward direction. So please do not substitute other mental or spiritual practices for the pushing exercise, and do not skip this practice.
2. Always place your attention at your feet, or below, and not on your forehead. The older Roy Masters version of this exercise had you putting your attention on your head. This is not best! Place your attention at your feet, or ideally, 30 inches below your feet if you are sitting down and 30 inches beyond your feet if you are lying down. This is where your attention must remain. Then you will relax and not get a headache.
3. Schedule the pushing down exercise. Do not try to fit it into your day without scheduling it. Most people will forget it too easily.
4. Do not speak commands or affirmations. Some people want to speak certain words or affirmations while doing the pushing down exercise. This is incorrect. Please do not do this.
The exercise is not about words at all. So do not say “I command the energy to go downward”, for example. Instead, just quietly visualize energy moving toward your feet and down to 30 inches or 76 centimeters below your feet.
5. Focus on moving energy downward, and ignore phenomena. It is possible you will hear sounds or see a light, at times. Occasionally, there may be a tingling or other sensation. Please ignore these sensations!
They will come and go, at times. They are not what is important. Moving the energy downward is the only thing that matters.
6. Push downward only, and not in a circle. Do not visualize the microcosmic orbit, for example. Some people wish to visualize energy flowing in a circle from the head down the front of the body and up the back. Do not do this. It will ruin the exercise. Just visualize energy moving downward. That is the safest and best way to do the exercise.
7. Push straight downward only. Never push sideways, or at an angle. This will ruin the exercise. Some people ask if they can move the energy into their liver, shoulder, fingers or somewhere else. The answer is yet, but only if it moves straight downward from the head. Never move the energy sideways or at any angle except straight down.
The pushing down exercise is the most powerful aspect of a nutritional balancing program. It develops the will and it moves ether or etheric energy powerfully through the body. This will slowly rejuvenate the body and the brain. So please do not skip this part of a nutritional balancing program.
Not meditation. The pushing exercise is not meditation! You will see if you try it. Meditation is gentle, calm and relaxing. This exercise is forceful and is active prayer.
Sit or lie down comfortably. Make sure you are warm enough. Do not do the exercise if you are tired. Wait until you are rested.
Your back. If you sit, your back needs to be straight up and down. If you lie down, do not use a pillow so that your back is straight. Now close your eyes comfortably. There is no need to force them closed or to tense up your face or neck.
THE DONUT OR INNER TUBE VISUALIZATION
Please see the diagram below to help visualize the following:
Imagine an automobile tire or inner tube or donut around your feet. It should be about 2 feet in diameter, so your feet fit into it easily.
The tire or inner tube can be down around your feet, perpendicular to your body. However, ideally, the inner tube should be 30 inches or about 76 centimeters below your feet and perpendicular to your body if you are sitting. If you are lying down, ideally visualize the inner tube about 30 inches beyond your feet and perpendicular to your body.
Always keep your mental focus on the tire or inner tube while doing the exercise. Never move your focus upward at all. Breathe gently and deeply, ideally, while doing the exercise. You need not count while breathing. This is distracting and not necessary or helpful.
Rotate the tire or inner tube. Now rotate the tire or inner tub so that the inner side or aspect all around moves in a downward fashion, or away from your head, and the outer side all around moves upward toward your head. The entire inner tube does not move up or down, but it rotates with the inner part moving away from you and the outer part moving toward your head.
Rotate the inner tube as fast as you can, increasing the speed as you are able to do so.
Visualize energy moving downward. At the same time as you are spinning the inner tube, visualize a golden energy moving downward from the top of your head straight down the front of the body to the feet, and finally to the inner tube, which is drawing the energy downward.
This is all there is to the pushing down exercise. The visualization of the tire or inner tube seems to be the most powerful, although later in this article are others you can try, if you wish.
However, do not add anything such as words, affirmations, prayers, or anything else. It is somewhat boring, but there are ways to make it more interesting.
Do the exercise every single day for at least one hour. Ideally, take a whole hour for it. An alternative that is not quite as good is to do two half-hour sessions morning and afternoon or evening. Evening may be difficult because most people are tired and will fall asleep. For this reason, morning is usually best.
Coffee. Doing the exercise while doing a coffee enema, or even while in the sauna, may make it easier and more enjoyable, and will save time by combining the procedures.
The above is all you need. The rest of this long article is explanation that may be helpful, but is not essential to doing the exercise.
To make the modified exercise more effective, do the following:
As you move energy downward from the head to the feet, imagine you are surrounded by a beautiful silk robe.
1. Spin the robe around yourself in a clockwise direction as fast as you can. You should be able to feel the silk brushing by your legs, your back, your chest, perhaps, and your arms. This is called a right spin movement.
2. Pull the robe inwards around yourself, tightening it around your body. This is yang motion.
3. Move the entire robe downward. This is more of the down movement.
4. Relax and enjoy this feeling. This is a parasympathetic movement.
5. Vibrate the silk robe back and forth (from the front to the back of the body) a little bit. This is a back and forth wobble.
6. Imagine hitting the silk robe with your hand in such a way that it spins faster and faster. This is an impact movement, somewhat like an impact wrench, which is the tool used to tighten the lug bolts that hold the tires on your car. The wrench turns, but it also adds an impact every second or so that makes it tighten the bolts better.
7. Vibrate the silk robe up and down (head to feet) a little bit. This is an up and down wobble.
Adding these motions as you do the pushing exercise will make it much more powerful. To read why these movements, and not others, please read The 7 Principle And Nutritional Balancing on this site.
WHEN AND WHERE
Any time of the day or night is excellent to practice the exercise. However, I do not recommend doing it in the evening or at bedtime because most people will just fall asleep, which is not the same as pushing. Morning is excellent, when you awaken, lying in bed. Afternoon is also excellent. If you awaken in the middle of the night, this is often a good time to do it, as well.
You can do the exercise anywhere. However, a quiet space is best where you are warm and comfortable. Lying in bed is excellent. Sitting in a chair, especially one with a headrest, is also very good. The exercise can be done while walking slowly, as well.
You can do the pushing exercise lying down, sitting, or walking. Another position that is possible is inverted on an inversion table or slant board. However, I do not recommend this position as much. Each position has advantages and problems. Here is a brief comparison of various positions, indicating which position is best from different perspectives:
1. Comfort. Lying down is better.
2. Least yin. Walking is best, followed by sitting, then lying down, then inverted.
3. Vulnerability. Inverted is best, followed by lying down, then sitting, then walking. Vulnerability may be important in a few cases when one wishes to bring up a trauma.
4. Psychodrama. Lying down is usually best. Inverted may be good. In the lying down position, one is more vulnerable, and the face, breasts and genitals are more exposed. Also, the arms and legs can be placed in embarrassing or painful positions. To understand this better, please read Psychodrama on this site.
5. Muscle relaxation. Lying down or inverted are best.
6. Ability to do enemas and VCI (vaginal coffee implants) at the same time. Lying down is definitely best. Inverted is also okay, but may be less convenient.
7. Ability to do the spinal twist. Lying down is best. Inverted is okay for some twists.
8. Ability to do foot and hand reflexology at the same time. Lying down is best.
9. Ability to do the neck pull safely. Lying down or inverted are best.
10. Ability to completely empty the mind and body. Lying down is best because there is no distraction holding up the body in a sitting position.
11. Energy conservation. Lying down or inverted are best. Sitting or walking uses up some energy.
12. Natural position of the body. Lying down or walking are best. The sitting lotus posture is difficult and unnatural, and actually can cause deformities of the knees and feet in those that do it a lot. Also, bending the knees sharply decreases the flow of subtle energy to the lower legs. Inverted is also not a natural position.
13. Taking advantage of the natural etheric flows (2). (This makes the pushing exercise easier to do). Lying down is probably best. Inverted is bad.
1. Etheric energy flows down from outer space to the earth (see the article entitled Ether Theory), and it swirls down, and does not flow straight down.
2. Etheric flows from the North and Sourth poles to the equator. To take advantage of this, one must lie down with the head toward the nearest pole of the earth and the feet toward the equator. In the Northern hemisphere, the head must face North. In the Southern hemisphere, the head must face South.
14. Direction of etheric flow through the body. Lying down is definitely best. Energy flows from the yin side of the body (front) to the yang side (back) when one lies down.
15. Relaxing the brain. Lying down is best.
16. Breathing. Lying down is best.
17. Surrender to the exercise. Lying down is a more surrendering position.
18. Passivity. Lying down is best.
19. Ability to go into trance states. Lying down is best and safest.
20. Ability to have down orgasms, also called jolts on this website. Lying down is best.
21. The least spinal tension. Inverted and lying down are best.
22. Ability to undo adhesions (by breathing and twisting the body). Lying down is best.
23. Fewest distractions. All positions are okay. Lying down may be best.
24. Ability to stretch and twist the body safely and powerfully. Lying down is best.
25. Ability to avoid going to sleep. Walking is best. Lying down is probably the worst.
EMPTYING THE MIND
To bring in the new energy, it is best to empty the mind as much as possible. This is critical to understand. This is at the very core or essence of this exercise.
This concept is discussed in the New Testament of the Bible, for example. Here a phrase is, “Not my will, but Thine be done.” (Luke 22.42). This is another statement of the idea of emptying oneself of all that one thinks is important so that one is open to receiving something new, something different, and something beyond the normal physical world.
THE NECK PULL
This is a powerful maneuver that enhances the pushing exercise. It moves energy downward much more forcefully. To learn about it, please read The Neck Pull on this website.
EMPATHIC PUSHING SUGGESTIONS
Empathic means working with another person, an animal, a plant or the earth to help you to heal. Empathic suggestions for doing the pushing exercise can make it much more powerful, easier and more enjoyable. They include:
FRIEND/PARTNER EMPATHIC SUGGESTIONS
Here are more empathic suggestions if you have a cooperative partner or friend:
Close by. Two people can sit or lie down next to each other and both practice the pushing exercise. The effort of each will be felt, to a degree, by the other, and this will make it easier for both people to move energy downward. Both people must sit or lie down facing the same direction.
Group pushing exercise. More than two people – as many as you like – can also do the exercise at the same time. Ideally, have everyone in the class or group facing the same direction, either while sitting or lying on the floor. All will benefit from the efforts of each person.
The pull exercise. One person lies down and does the exercise. The other person, who we will call “the puller”, sits or stands next to the meditator. The puller then pulls downward on the meditator’s feet, also visualizing the energy flowing from the other person’s head to feet. If you wish, the puller can pull down on other parts of the meditator’s body such as the toes, hips, knees, hands, fingers, ears, nose, mouth, etc. This is an excellent exercise.
Stroking the energy field. One person lies down comfortably and does the pushing
exercise. The other person stands
over the first person and moves his or her hands over the others’ body (not
touching) in the direction of head to the feet. This will enhance the downward-moving energetic effect.
The one standing is moving the hands through the other person’s energy field that surrounds the body. This energy field has layers, so one can move the hands down the body at a distance of about two inches above the body, then four inches above the body, and then about six inches above the body. The effects may be somewhat different at different layers of the energy field.
Down hugs. Two people hugging, while doing the exercise, moves much more energy downward because the physical proximity of another person enhances your pushing. This is discussed in a separate article entitled Down Hugging on this site.
Down sex. It is possible to enhance the exercise a lot with a sexual partner. This is more complex and explained in the article entitled Down Sex. This is the only kind of sex I suggest. It takes a little practice for men, but is easy and enjoyable once you learn the idea.
The donut exercise. Another empathic idea is to imagine many donut-shaped rings (called a torus in technical language) moving downward around you and another while hugging or having down sex. The donut-shaped rings move downward very fast. The rings are tight around the bodies and squeeze you together as they move down the bodies.
OTHER EMPATHIC SUGGESTIONS
Sit very close to a large tree. Ideally, have your back to the tree. If done right, this will make the pushing exercise easier. The reason is that some tree species have a powerful downward moving energy force around them. Sitting under them will enhance and add to your downward moving force. One excellent type of tree for this purpose is an oak tree. A banyan tree is also very good.
Lie on your bed when meditating so that your feet face the equator of the earth. (For example, your head to the North and your feet to the South if you live in the Northern hemisphere.) This works because there is a natural flow of etheric energy from the poles to the equator of the earth. If you line up properly, you can take advantage of this flow to enhance your pushing exercise.
Open water enhancer. Buy 3 bottles of Ice Age Glacial Spring Water. It is a Canadian bottled water available in many locations. Any size bottle will do, though the larger size is best. Place one bottle about 6 inches from each foot, and one bottle between your legs, about 6 inches from the perineum. This water has the unusual property of pulling energy toward itself from your body. Many people can feel it.
Sit in a down vortex. Some people can feel where there is a natural downward-moving energy vortex on earth. They are scattered around.
If you can feel such a spot on the earth, you can sit over such a vortex and take advantage of the naturally downward-moving energy in such a location to enhance your pushing exercise. Be careful, however, because some energy vortices are not healthy to be around.
If you do not feel well, stop using that spot. Some of these natural energy vortices do not have healthy energy.
You will probably find you cannot do the exercise for very long without becoming distracted. Random thoughts will arise, songs may float through your mind, memories may surface, or you may begin to think about what to do later in the day. Your body may itch or hurt, or you may even fall asleep.
When any of this occurs, just observe the memories, thoughts and feelings without judgment and then bring your attention back to the exercise. You will need to do this thousands of times, perhaps. Slowly, your mind will learn not to stray quite as much.
You are training part of your mind to observe at all times. It is similar to training a dog, or training a child. Some days will be easier than others. If you have a bad day, do not fret. Just say to yourself, “We will do better tomarrow.”
Getting results. You may notice results within a week or less, or results may take longer. You may feel calmer, more detached, and you may gain insights. Often, however, insights will not come to you while doing the exercise. They may come while you are doing the dishes or driving your car.
Each time you do the exercise, you alter the way you perceive the world. You will see things slightly differently. Some of what you see may not be pleasant. Just watch it all from a neutral place. This is part of becoming a mature and developed person.
Practical suggestions for success.
o Do the exercise as much as you can. There is no overdoing it. If at all possible, do it for at least an hour or two daily. This is best. You can do it anytime and anywhere, although certainly do not do it while driving or in a way that is dangerous. Eventually, you will do the exercise all the time, as this is a training of the mind to work in a certain way.
o Each time you do it, do the exercise as though it were the first time. It will not work if it become a mechanical practice. You must do it a little deeper each time.
o Make meditation part of your lifestyle. Schedule it into your day so you don’t overlook this important new part of your life.
o Be patient. Benefits come in their own time, not when you think they should.
o As stated above, some days it will be easier to do the exercise than others. Several months to years may be required to refocus your mind. Just keep at it. It may not be easy, at first. The reactive mind or ‘monkey mind’, as some call it, will fight you hard at times to stay in control, and to keep you out of control. This is what you must overcome, so just stay with it.
o Be open to seeing the truth about everything. Repeatedly tell yourself that you want to know the truth about everything and everyone. Otherwise, you will stop doing the exercise when hard truths are revealed to you.
o Be open to waking up and seeing
yourself as you really are. Yes,
you will see your faults and shortcomings. However, you will also become aware of many qualities and
abilities that you didn't know you had.
Overall, getting to know yourself with this exercise is a very positive and happy experience, even if it has its moments of disillusionment and even disgust, perhaps. It is all part of the process as you become free of your past and all the false notions that you learned from your parents, friends, and others.
o Don’t worry much about “doing it right”. Follow the instructions and read this article many times, if needed. It is quite simple, in fact. Never complicate the exercise, and never move energy in any direction except straight downward. That is most important.
o Do not combine this exercise with chi kung, yoga, pilates, or other techniques. You can combine it with very slow walking, however. As stated elsewhere in this article, you can also combine it with sitting under a tree, hugging another person, and a few other things that we call empathic suggestions. Empathic here just means that it involves another person or object.
It is perfectly normal to have difficulty with this exercise at times, particularly when starting out. Here are several suggestions:
o Make it part of your daily routine.
o Set things up so you have the time to do it in peace.
o Turn off the phone and, if needed, arrange for someone to watch your children when you schedule your exercise.
o If you work outside your home, go to the office early or stay late if you cannot do it at home. However, if possible just find a quiet, secluded spot in the home to do it. This can be your bedroom, a large closet, a bathroom sitting on the toilet, perhaps, or perhaps inside a sauna.
o On difficult days, think of your brain as an unruly child who has been spoiled for 20 years or more. On some days the child will resist a lot. Don’t worry about it. Just say, “OK, we’ll do our best and perhaps we will do better tomarrow.”
o If you are an athlete or train at anything, you know that training involves good and bad days. Just take it all in stride. The exercise involves discipline, which comes from the same root as the word ‘disciple’. It is not about forcing things. It is about gently staying with this path as a disciple of this method, and the results will come.
Gimmicks. Use gimmicks to help you stay with the exercise. Here are some excellent ones, and you can think of others, as well:
1. Listen to a recording of the exercise. This can help a lot to maintain your focus and to time your sessions.
2. Do the exercise while walking slowly, if you cannot sit still.
3. Do the exercise while doing a coffee enema or a vaginal coffee implant. These nutritional balancing procedures force one to lie still for 20 to 30 minutes, and they help move energy down the body.
4. Do the exercise in a place where you are confined to a chair, such as during an airplane flight or at a pleasant concert.
5. Do the exercise in a bathroom stall if that is the only peaceful place you can find.
6. Do the exercise lying in the bathtub. However, I only recommend baths twice a week. More is too yin, because of the exposure to water.
7. Do the exercise in a sauna. You could do it in a hot tub. However, I do not recommend hot tubs, however, as they are always unclean, no matter how they are sanitized. They are also very yin because they involve being in water.
8. Do it under a tree on a nice day. Do it sitting next to a friend, or with your family at the dinner table before or after dinner.
DOING THE EXERCISE WITH A GROUP
Some people prefer to do the exercise alone, while others prefer a group. Here are benefits and disadvantages of each.
Benefits of groups. These include:
o Social interaction. This may ease tension, spreads friendships and love, and relaxes some people.
o A positive setting. Getting out of the home environment and visiting a clean, happy group setting can be helpful, especially if the home is chaotic, noisy or lacks moral and other types of support for the exericse.
o Help with problems. Groups sometimes bring up and deal with problems that occur while doing the exercise. These problems have been discussed in the paragraphs above.
o Help with discipline and consistency. Groups definitely help those who have less discipline.
o Group energy. There can be a loving energy in a good group that can relax, ease tensions and help heal everyone in the group. Some people need this more than others.
o More learning. Groups often discuss the exercise, spreading more knowledge.
o Better guidance. Guidance is real and present always. Guides can often work more easily with some groups because there is a common, shared bond of energy. This is most important for beginners. Later, guides prefer working on one person at a time in a more isolated setting such as at home, rather than in a diverse group with many levels of energies and abilities.
Problems with groups. These include:
o Slows the more developed people. The energy of the group is often not clean and pure enough for a more advanced person. Thus groups are usually best for beginners, although not always.
o Bad leadership can disrupt or even ruin a group.
o Distractions. For example, socializing and snacking at group meetings is fun, but can waste time and be distracting. Some just want to socialize in most groups.
o Power and control issues. Struggles can develop in groups for leadership, for time spent talking to the group, and other things.
o Logistics problems. One must drive and spend extra time going to and from the group. Group meetings may be at inconvenient times or places. People may have to wait for the group, and go at the pace of the group. All of this tends to waste time.
o Going off course. Groups can deviate from the stated purpose of the group. It must be stopped gently, but firmly. Otherwise, the group transforms into something different than was intended.
o Safety. Groups are not as safe, particularly for young women. Sexual and other types of predators often join the group to pick up women or men, to rape or harm in other ways. Leaders need to be sensitive to this issue, but even if this is so, groups are not as safe, ever.
o Advanced students generally make faster progress on their own, though not always.
COPING WITH WHAT COMES UP
One reason some do not continue with the pushing exercise is because negative thoughts or feelings from within a person arise and this can be very disconcerting. If possible, learn to just observe whatever comes up during meditation.
Be grateful for seeing the truth, even if it is unpleasant. You do not have to react in any way. Definitely do not judge yourself or others. If you wallow in your negative thoughts or insights, it will keep them around.
View all thoughts, emotions and insights as you would view clouds in the sky. As they arise, just observe them and let them go. Let them just float through your mind like a cloud floats through the sky. This is a wonderful analogy.
WAYS TO MAKE THE EXERCISE EASIER AND MORE EFFECTIVE
1. Limit regular sex, but down sex is excellent and helpful. Regular sex (sex with orgasm and often some fluid loss) damages the brain, even if it is fun and relaxing. Less is better, and definitely not more than once a week. It tends to make the brain more yin, which makes holding the dual focus of the pushing exercise harder to do.
In contrast, Down Sex, without orgasms and without fluid loss, is very helpful, when done correctly. However, it can only be done about two or perhaps three times per week. More often is not helpful and can be harmful.
2. The visualizations and empathic methods listed elsewhere in this article.
WHO DOES BEST WITH THE PUSHING EXERCISE?
The following qualities or qualifications are not all needed at the same time, and most people do not have them all. However, they all seem to be helpful for the greatest success with the pushing exercise:
1. Having one’s twin spark or twin flame inside oneself. This tends to make a person more self-contained, more happy and more able to be alone and to do the exercise.
2. Having a trine in water, in astrological terminology. This is a sign in an astrology chart that is associated with an ability to meditate or be quiet for long periods of time.
3. Having experienced some pain and suffering. This, too, appears helpful. Often those who are the best broadcasters have experienced “failure” in relationships or in other ways, for example, and are willing to forego short-term pleasures for longer-term achievements, as a result.
4. A certain independence and self-confidence.
5. Lots of patience. This is required for success.
6. A little understanding of what one is doing, at least. This needs to grow, with time, as one experiences the benefits of daily meditation.
7. Sensitivity to energy. This is helpful because it helps to feel the effects of moving etheric energy through the body from the head to the feet.
8. Having and using an electrical meter that can measure the amount of “power” that one has developed. This can be a simple volt-ohm meter that measures a few milliamps.
9. Friends who also do the exercise, or guides who encourage doing the exercise.
10. The ability to walk for at least 1 mile or more safely, preferably every day.
11. A love of certain cassette tapes, compact disc programs, television programs or even fantasizing. This is to pass the time and distract oneself in a healthy way while doing the exercise. This is sometimes needed or at least helpful.
12. Being a reader, and having a good memory for what one has read. This is helpful because some books describe the meditation process, and the beneficial results. These can be inspiring and encouraging.
13. Hard-working, or at least not lazy. The process of becoming a broadcaster involves some continuous effort over a period of at least 20 years.
14. Having or developing a scientific or enquiring mind. This can enable one to enjoy the process of discovery and unfolding that occurs during retracing and healing.
15. Being a seeker. The process of broadcasting involves some adventure, and it is helpful to enjoy this aspect of the process.
16. Being less physically attractive and perhaps having a less than glowing personality. This is for at least two reasons. First, one will be less distracted by others who want your company for their own selfish reasons. Secondly, you will be less able to control those around you in selfish or charismatic ways, so the world and its attractions will be less desirable for you.
17. A certain amount of courage to risk spending a lot of time on the Roy Masters exercise with my modification, in order to achieve the results.
18. Experience with the exercise.
19. An almost maniacal interest in doing the exercise is most helpful, no matter what your motivation is for it.
20. A willingness to spend a lot of time alone. It is possible to do it with a friend or partner or room mate, but sometimes aloneness is needed to persist.
21. Early on, men generally do better with the exercise because they are usually less socially oriented, less distractible, and may have a stronger will, at first.
Later on, women may do better with the exercise because they are more sensitive to its effects, and love the feeling it brings more than some men.
I. OVERALL EFFECTS
Among the primary effects of the pushing down exercise are:
1. Increasing the control of the mind over the body. This is essential for mental stability and personality development. Many people never gain mental control over their bodily urges and desires. This exercise helps greatly to do this.
2. Increasing your control over your mind. Most people realize, if you do the exercise faithfully, that your mind is not really in your control. In most people, the mind wanders, races, becomes easily distracted, and may roam around like a wild beast, lurching in one direction and then in another.
Doing the exercise hundreds of times slowly brings the mind under your control, like training an unruly animal or a spoiled child.
3. Bringing into the body much more etheric energy. This energy is called new etheric energy. It heals and eventually transforms the body and mind in very unusual ways. This is different from other meditative exercises that I have seen.
This energy is itself unseen for the most part, but is the basic ‘stuff’ or ‘ether’ out of which all created matter is built. In other cultures and traditions, it is known as vital force, life energy, prana, chi, qi, or perhaps zero-point energy.
The more of this energy that we take in and pass through our bodies, the better we feel. Also, by absorbing more of it, one develops certain brain centers that otherwise remain dormant. Awakening them causes a person to develop new abilities and talents, such as enhanced perception and others. For more about this topic, read Etheric Energy on this site.
4. Etheric reset. This is a fascinating idea that there is a blueprint or plan for the body that becomes distorted with age and disease. Moving more etheric energy through the body helps restore the original etheric blueprint for the body. To learn about this, please read Etheric Reset on this website.
5. Development. This is the concept that human beings are capable of developing or growing new energy fields and changing their bodies and minds in truly fantastic ways. Doing the pushing exercise daily for an hour or more is one of the finest and fastest ways to cause this development to occur. To learn about this, please read Introduction To Mental Development and other articles on this subject on this site.
6. Developing power and broadcasting. A critical benefit of this mental exercise, and not others, is that it automatically develops what is called Power on this website. This is simply the ability to move energy in a downward direction forcefully.
As this occurs, the person also automatically begins to broadcast subtle energy everywhere he or she goes. This ability is somewhat subtle, but very important for the safety of the planet at this time. For more on this topic, please read Broadcasting on this website.
OTHER COMMENTS ON GENERAL EFFECTS
Personal experience. I have used this method for over 36 years on a daily basis. It continues to help me heal the physical body and it continues to develop my mind in ways I would not have imagined. This is the reason I continue to recommend it.
Is it religious? This exercise is not part of any religion, and requires no religious training or affiliation. It is used in many religions, however.
For example, in the Christian religion, one recites the Lord’s Prayer. It states that “Thy will be done on earth, as it is already done in Heaven”. This exercise, and this one only, puts this prayer into action as you bring a subtle healing and beautiful energy straight down from your head down into you feet. You are literally bringing heaven to earth.
Reading is not the answer. Just reading this article about the pushing exercise will not work, although it is a good way to begin. Instead, do the exercise every day and many problems will slowly disappear from your life.
The effects of the exercise are many, and they occur on many levels. They include:
1. Helps to decongest the organs.
2. Improves blood and lymph circulation.
3. Inhibits the sympathetic nervous system. This is a wonderful benefit.
4. A result of #3 is to rest the adrenal and thyroid glands and assist the activity of the immune, digestive and elimination systems of the body.
5. Breathing automatically slows and deepens. This brings more oxygen to the body cells. More oxygen in the body greatly assists metabolism, and can bring healing all by itself.
Other physical benefits may also occur.
So much change occurs on mental and emotional levels that later sections of this article discuss some of them in more detail. In this section, I will only touch upon some of the most important ones. Here are just a few of them:
1. It reduces projection. This is essential for all development and healing of the brain and mind. Projection is the act of throwing out or rejecting certain thoughts and feelings that are unpleasant, or that seem uncomfortable for other reasons. It causes many problems for a person because it is fake, essentially, or false.
The pushing exercise tends to show a person where he or she is projecting, which helps to end it. It also helps a person to take full responsibility for one’s life, which leads to deep healing and true forgiveness.
2. Incomplete thought processes will be completed as the mind stops racing out of control. Most people do not realize that they are so busy with their momentary activities that they do not complete their thoughts, and many projects at home or at work. When you push, many thought processes will complete on their own. This not only relaxes the mind and the emotions. Often, this also brings with it surprising insights and creative ideas for you.
3. Old mental and emotional traumas come up for viewing, and usually resolve automatically. This reduces stress dramatically. It is a very necessary process for many people’s physical, emotional and mental healing. It is not always pleasant. It will go well if you just observe whatever comes up with equanimity and an observing attitude.
4. It brings one and keeps one in the present moment. This is where all wisdom and healing lie. Fear and anxiety are in the future, while guilt and remorse are in the past. You will begin to understand this much better as you meditate daily. This exercise is superb for keeping a person in the present time, something that most people have difficulty doing well and consistently.
5. The exercise is extremely grounding and centering. This is not true of most meditations, by the way. Grounding, which is the subject of an article on this website, is most important for healing for many people today. Especially as our world is changing rapidly, grounding and centering are extremely important for all healing processes.
6. Doing the pushing exercise is a type of mental checkup. Often you will find that you automatically review your day and plan for tomarrow without having to think about it.
7. Deprogramming, rather than
reprogramming. The exercise deprograms the mind and
even the body in many ways by upsetting and breaking up old tensions. That is, it slowly undoes your past
traumas and issues.
In contrast, affirmations, most visualization and concentration exercises only reprogram the mind. This is a vital difference between this meditation and almost all others that I have seen.
Whitewashing Vs. Removal. This subject could fill an entire book. It means that other methods will tend to whitewash over your problems, fears, angers and the rest of the unwanted thoughts and emotions. Instead, this exercise will often do the opposite.
It will bring them up for review, usually in a non-threatening way. Just observe them without reacting. They will be released and you will be free from the original cause of the attitude, emotion or thought.
This process of deprogramming takes a few years, at least, but is well worth the effort. Each level of traumas, hidden emotions and thoughts that you progress through clears more negative thought patterns. Little by little, you will be free and will function much better. This is the same thing as what Christians call “conversion” or moving with the Lord or with spirit.
Deprogramming and Healing. Freeing negative energetic patterns also greatly opens the body for every kind of healing.
The energy centers. The pushing down exercise greatly helps open the 7 physical energy centers of the body. This means to make them grow larger.
It also helps a lot to cleanse them, correct their color, align them and balance them all properly so they work together in harmony. It also helps to enable them to all spin in the right direction. For more on these centers, read The Energy Centers on this site.
The subtle energy fields. The exercise also helps greatly with the development of what are called the subtle bodies or subtle human energy fields. This is very important for development, as defined on this website. For more on development, read Introduction To Development and other articles on this topic on this site.
The dantiens. The exercise spins the dantiens correctly and balances them so they work together. For more on this topic, read The Dantiens.
The merkabah. The exercise also permits the development of the merkabah. This is a Biblical word that means the vehicle of light. This is very important for development and for a long, healthy life. For more on this subject, read The Merkabah on this site.
Grounding. This is one’s connection with the earth. It is very helpful for overall health, and to make better decisions, as well.
Broadcasting. This is radiating energy out to the other people, and eventually for longer distances, as well. For more on this topic, please read Broadcasting on this website.
Spirituality. As the seventh energy center opens and heals (located at the crown of the head), one often feels more connected to God, Holy Spirit, Jesus and to true guidance.
Entities, as defined on this website, are discarnate souls. This means souls that are no longer attached to bodies because the bodies have died. They can become attached to a living person and cause mischief. This is sometimes called entity possession.
The pushing down exercise, and not most other mental exercises, helps remove harmful entities from the energy field of a person. This occurs for several reasons:
1. More yang. The pushing exercise makes the body much more yang. This involves a contraction of the energy field that closes certain openings or tears in the aura or energy field, in which the entities lodge. To read more about yin and yang, read Yin And Yang Healing and Yin Disease on this website.
2. Heating up the energy field. When a person does this meditation exercise daily, the powerful downward-moving energy and more yang quality of the energy field have a heating effect on the energy field. Almost all discarnate souls do not enjoy this and they leave the person’s energy field.
3. Calming the mind and body. This effect is also is hard on discarnates, and causes some of them to leave. They prefer to hide in bodies and energy fields of those who are perpetually upset and unbalanced.
4. Better overall health. The exercise has a powerful healing effect on the entire body. Entities thrive best in sick and discouraged bodies, and tend not to remain when a person is healthy and happy.
To read much more about this topic, read Entity Attachment And Release on this website.
The process of releasing traumas through this exercise is interesting. It gently brings the mind to a peaceful place where you can view old incidents and traumas from a detached perspective, almost as if they happened to someone else. In this way, you can avoid much of the fear and anxiety that occur when old traumas are brought up to consciousness.
Also, old traumas, if they come up, will be brought up in a special order that is not your own. Instead, it is the body’s own order of trauma release. This is also important because many people think they know the correct order in which traumas should surface. In fact, we do not know the correct order because the brain is complex and the proper order of trauma release can be very subtle.
For example, incidents that you don’t even consider traumatic may have been quite so. Conversely, situation that you consider pivotal for you may really have been due to an earlier situation. You may have forgotten the earlier trauma that “set you up” for later problems. So the brain will choose the best way to bring up and release all these old traumas.
The pushing exercise is thus a bioenergetic trauma release method that is totally compatible with the trauma release concept of a nutritional balancing program. They complement and enhance one another beautifully. This is a major reason I ask that everyone practice this exercise daily for at least one hour. For more on this topic, please read Trauma Release and Trauma Retracing on this website.
The pushing exercise will help you witness your life in a non-morbid, detached way. It gently brings up hidden thoughts and attitudes so they can be examined objectively. The “therapy” proceeds at your own pace and brings up issues in the correct order.
Cultivating the witness in oneself shines the light of truth on every activity, relationship and event in your life. This is truly wonderful and has a powerful healing effect, providing one is willing to make needed changes, when indicated.
Negative and random, distracting thoughts begin to have less power. This is a mental effect that is quite startling to people. It has to do with observing one’s thoughts and the idea of bringing up and releasing old traumas. As this is done, the negative thoughts and feelings associated with the traumas stop coming into your mind.
You may find that oddly, you no longer feel sorry for yourself, for example. Perhaps you notice you are less angry or upset with your family. Automatically reducing this negative thinking is an incredible benefit for many people who have tried affirmations, prayer, and other methods to banish negative thoughts.
This exercise helps to de-hypnotize. Most people live in a light hypnotic trance. You probably don’t realize it, but this is true. For example, most advertising works because it set ups a post-hypnotic suggestion to buy a certain car, or perhaps brand of shampoo. It only works because most people are already in a light trance state and are easily influenced by these advertisements.
This exercise assists a person to come out of this hypnotic or very light trance state. The result is much better decision-making and often a correction of mistaken attitudes.
As a person does the pushing exercise for a number of years, imbalances in one’s personality begin to resolve. This results in greater maturity and a more integrated personality.
Physical healing reactions. As the physical body heals due to the effects of the pushing down exercise, you may experience temporary symptoms. These are called healing reactions or purification reactions.
Examples may include a headache, another ache or pain, an upset stomach, gurgling in the abdomen (an excellent sign), a skin rash, a cold, or something else.
Mental and emotional healing reactions. Temporary healing symptoms may also include any possible feelings such as anger, fear, anxiety, resentment or others. Memories may also surface.
In all cases, these are feelings and thoughts that were suppressed or forgotten, often many years ago. They need to be exposed so they can be acknowledged, processed and released. Continuing with the pushing exercise will usually accomplish this very important aspect of physical and mental healing without any need for counseling or any other interventions.
These purification symptoms are very positive, even if a symptom is unpleasant, annoying, or scary. They will pass.
If a symptom is very intense. In this instance, experiment to see if doing the pushing exercise more makes it go away. In some cases, doing it for less time will make the symptom milder, although it will usually delay complete healing, to some degree.
Another very helpful idea is to follow a complete nutritional balancing program, including the procedures. These can also assist you to get through all types of healing reactions faster and with less annoyance.
If retracing reactions continue to be a problem, I may be able to assist you. For example, you may be overlooking a nutritional balancing procedure or an aspect of your lifestyle that needs attention.
To allow and facilitate mental, emotional and sometimes physical healing, everyone must let go of grudges, judgments and resentments against everyone!. This is critical.
If you do not do this, the issue, situation or trauma will keep coming up during your pushing exercise. When this happens, many people stop doing the exercise because it is unpleasant.
The only solution that I have found is to forgive everyone, including yourself, for everything that has ever happened to you. This may sound extreme. However, it is absolutely needed in order for complete healing to occur in the brain and the body.
Forgiving does not mean forgetting, condoning, or that you must remain in touch with someone who harmed you. However, forgiveness is absolutely essential for success with this exercise.
This is a large and important topic related to the pushing exercise. It is one of the most important problems, if not the most critical one, that arises when a person follows a nutritional balancing program or just begins to do the pushing down exercise. For more on this topic, please read Forgiving and Forgiving Parents on this website.
Speaking with a counselor. Rarely, it is wise to talk about your insights with a counselor or a trusted friend. However, this is rarely needed, nor is it always helpful. The goal is let go of the past, and move on in your life. Talking about it for hours of weeks often sustains the trauma, which is not desirable. There is no need to justify, confirm, or rationalize anything that you did, or that someone else did. It is better to let it all go.