DRESS MODESTLY, AND WHY NOT DRESS DOWN?
by Dr. Lawrence Wilson
© June 2016, L.D. Wilson Consultants, Inc.
All information in this article is for educational purposes only. It is not for the diagnosis, treatment, prescription or cure of any disease or health condition.
This article is mainly for women, but it applies to some men, as well. Here are just some of the reasons for always dressing modestly:
1. Safety! You may not realize it, but dressing in skimpy, tight or suggestive clothing invites predators and puts you in real danger. It is never wise for women to inflame male sexual organs unless you are alone with your husband and it is all planned.
Even if you are not going out in public, you should dress modestly. You never know when someone will come to the door, or your car will break down, or another emergency will require that you must walk through a bad neighborhood. You should always be prepared for this, because it happens.
Be prepared, and one of the simplest ways is to always dress like you are going to walk through dark alleys alone and you need to be covered up adequately.
2. Professionalism. It is always wise to look like a professional lady, even if you are just a student, a housewife, or anything else. It gives you respect, and people will listen to you far more. You will carry a certain authority.
It should not be so, because people should listen to you no matter how you look. However, it is true that uniforms carry authority with them. You need not spend a lot on the clothes. It is more about the look than the actual design or even condition of the clothing.
3. Attracting only what you want and need, and nothing else. The way you dress can either cause people to be more interested in you, or it can turn them off to you, meaning it makes them walk away.
This is called signaling. It is very real, and women all over the world do it unconsciously. So decide what and who you are looking for, and often, though not always, you will get it – or him, provided you have integrity – meaning you look the part, also.
So ladies, if you want a fine man, look like a fine woman. If you want a man of decency, and I hope you do, then look like a woman of decency. If you want a man of wealth or means, then look like a woman who deserves, desires and cares for money. It does not mean to “look like a million dollars”. It means to look modest, wholesome, and healthy.
4. Putting others at ease. It is often very helpful to help others feel at ease around you. They will treat you better, smile more, be more helpful to you when you need help, and so on.
Did you know that many people feel very uncomfortable around others who are dressed in seductive or sexy clothing?
You never know when you will need to deal with authorities like the police, the firemen, or others. It is always helpful to dress nicely, and look older and responsible. They will treat you with far more respect and even awe. Otherwise, they may treat you like an immature person, even if it is not so.
5. Causing people to pay heed and listen to you, and do what you tell them. This may seem like an odd reason, but it is very important to appear, look and talk like an authority figure, at times.
For example, a little girl might stray into the traffic and you must yell out, “Come here at once and get out of the road”. If you are dressed too sexy, some people will not pay heed.
6. Avoiding a wrong focus in your life, and in what you project to others. If you are not a prostitute, why dress like one? It is not cool, as some think. It is stupid and demeaning.
It is also a wrong focus. It is a focus on the lower energy centers of the body instead of on your heart and above. It is a focus on your physical body rather than on your head and your brain, which really define a human being. It is a focus on the flesh instead of spirit, and a focus on the ego, rather than a focus on you as a child of God. Dressing slutty is a completely wrong focus.
7. Staying warm. Do not dress in a way that you might become chilled. It is easy to catch cold, catch pneumonia. Also, letting yourself get cold always activates the sympathetic nervous system, and this is harmful in the extreme for your health.
8. If you are ever attacked, being covered up well makes it harder for someone to remove clothing. It is horrible to think about, but it is true.
9. What does it say to you? Dressing is about the messages you send to yourself. Sadly, many young women say to themselves and to the world with their dress:
“I am a woman now. Look at me. I have a great body. I can do and say and dress any way I want. I am free. I am liberated and what’s wrong with showing a little tit or leg or crotch”.
This is all true, to some extent. But let’s look at it a little closer. Here is what is wrong with this all too common attitude:
The world is not about you. So showing off is not really liberation, except on a teenage level. On an adult level, you are much more than body parts. You are a whole person, and focusing on your body is actually depressing and immature because it denies who you really are.
Hidden messages to yourself. The above attitude that I can do what I want, and what is wrong with flaunting the body a little, also contains hidden messages to yourself and others. These include:
1.I must be in competition with other women to attract the boys or men.
2. I am really insecure about my body so I must flaunt it.
3. I am attractive if can turn heads. This is just a big ego trip and insecurity, once again.
4. I want to raise penises. This is another big ego trip, or it is vampirism, meaning a desire to tease, upset and get a little energy off the men. (not a good idea unless you want to be raped, beaten and maybe killed.)
5. Maybe I want to be raped or beaten up so I can hate men like I hate my Dad, so I “invite trouble”.
These are the hidden messages that you are sending yourself.
THE EFFECTS OF TRAUMA
Some young and older women feel like tramps, or feel unclean or loose, even if they are not. This can be due to entity possession, past traumas like rapes, incest or molestation, or even just for “fun”.
Deciding you will dress modestly and professionally can be literally painful for these women, and obnoxious and even odious or burdensome. But that is because dressing modestly begins to send different self messages that the woman is unprepared to accept, or perhaps an entity is unprepared to accept.
It will help to save you, dear ones, really it will. Fight the urge to rip off the nice clothes and play whore. Fight it hard and you will win back your soul, in some cases. It is a struggle that young teens and others must often face.
Resisting peer pressure and societal pressures. Many attractive women feel that it is expected of them to dress sexy, or dress slutty. Sadly, their fathers, boyfriends, girlfriends and even mothers tell them it is okay to dress ‘stunning’, ‘knockout’, ‘cool’, ‘nifty’, ‘babe’, ‘chick’ and other such descriptions.
The immature boys and men like the penises to go up, and the fathers can be “proud” of their daughter’s body parts.
Why would mothers ever suggest or go along with dressing sexy? Some are too weak or busy or just don’t care, sadly. Others are afraid to challenge you for hear you will hate them forever and they will lose you. A few are secretly resentful, hate men and boys, and secretly love their daughters to “shine” and “stick out”.
Some mothers and fathers even want to ruin you. They want you to go down in flames, so to speak, to make them feel better or to satisfy their entities, and it gets even more complex than this.
All of this puts extreme pressure on many young women, and even older ones. However, you have a choice. You can bow to these insane pressures, often unconscious, and often due to entity possession, trauma and other dark forces. You can also pick yourself up, stop playing the patsy, and live your life as a dignified lady. You can realize that you were playing into the hands of the media and the dark forces - the lower forces in society, maybe including parents and others. You can choose again to be on the side of the light.
Dark forces are real, and they love invading women and making the women walk, talk, and look like sluts and whores. This is a hard truth to swallow for many “innocent young maidens”, but it is true. All are subject to forces that seek to corrupt your morals. So beware that maybe your dress is not really your dress, but is what others want – others that you can see and hear, and others that influence you in subtle ways that the Christians call demons or entities.
10. Setting a good example for others. Wherever you go, and whatever you wear and do, you are setting an example.
You set an example for other young women, for men, for older people and of course, for the children and those younger than you. Do you realize that you have this power, every one of you? Therefore, be careful about the example you set.
For example, you might lead another young girl into prostitution because you are dressing like a whore and she doesn’t realize that you are just “playing”, meaning you are not really a prostitute you are just dressing like one.
She may not realize it and think that prostitution is cool because you are doing it. Be careful – beware - because you may be responsible if this happens. You can lead others astray, and this is a serious spiritual crime. Stop it now, even if you don’t want to!
Also, what kind of example are you setting for your society – for the way you want society to be? Ask yourself this question and decide if you really want the women looking like whores. It may help you change your ways.
11. Letting go of the “innocent maiden” scam. Many young women, especially, but even older ones, think they are just innocent maidens who can do what they want, and dress as they please, because they are so innocent and sweet.
Don’t fall for the innocent maiden idea. No one of you are that innocent, no matter what you believe or see on television, or in the fake movies, or other media. At one level, all are innocent, but at another level you are not innocent at all.
And sex, by the way, is never an innocent pursuit. It always carries consequences, and the women are always the losers. The women get pregnant, the women get the worst diseases, and the women get the shame. Some are killed, too. So I repeat, don’t fall for the innocent maiden trick. The media loves it, but it is a lie.
12. What about dressing down for fun? Dressing for fun is fine. Dressing down is not wise, even if it is fun for pretty young girls. That is the bottom line, as they say. Dressing down gets you in heaps of trouble, so it is not worth it. Do it in front of your husband, perhaps, or maybe with girlfriends only. But not in public, and that includes Facebook, Myspace and other such places.
13. What to do when Dad, and even Mom, tell you it is okay to dress sexy, or when they just let you get away with it. Basically tell them it is not okay, and you are sorry they don’t understand the world better. Leave it there, or you will become even angrier that they are not disciplining you as they should.
MINERAL IMBALANCES AND HOW YOU DRESS
1. Cadmium and dressing immodestly. It sounds strange, but cadmium toxicity can encourage a woman or man to dress sexy. This is a nutritional problem.
If you are not succeeding in overcoming the dress problem easily as you read this article, most likely you are high in cadmium. Cadmium is called the “macho” mineral. It is associated with more risk-taking. It may encourage you to be a showoff, vampire-like, “tough” and hardened, so you don’t feel exactly what you are doing.
This is one effect of this extremely toxic and hardening metal in your body. It is very common today, as it is used in brake linings of cars, cigarette papers, marijuana cigarettes, and it gets into the air, water and food.
Especially if you eat refined and junk food like sugars, soda pop, white breads and white rice all the time, the cadmium replaces zinc and other minerals that are low, and builds up in the body, and affects the brain in the ways described above. It is a fascinating mineral, but one that will tend to make you dress up like a whore and enjoy it when it should repulse you.
If you think your body chemistry is off, do something about it. This website has the answers. Begin with the article The Healing Lifestyle, which sets out a basic program. If you can afford it, send in a hair sample or visit one of the Approved Practitioners to get on a program to clear out the cadmium from your system.
2. Copper and dressing immodestly, sassy or slutty. Copper is another mineral that, when in excess, causes young women and men to dress in unseemly ways.
Copper is different than cadmium. It is a ‘female’ mineral that makes women more emotional, more spacy, not as aware, more into “fun”, for example, in a sloppy way, and more interested in excitement, happiness and joy, to the exclusion of common sense in many cases.
Get copper into balance and you will calm down, relax, see things clearly and realize you’ve been kind of stupid and a “space cadet”, playing with things you should not be playing with. This is the copper story. To balance copper, read Copper Toxicity Syndrome and look at the same article as above, The Healing Lifestyle.
3. Iron imbalance may contribute to dressing sexy. Iron is somewhat like cadmium in this regard. It insulates you, makes more a little macho, gives you courage that is false, makes you “righteously angry” or so you believe, and makes you somewhat aggressive sexually, and even more attractive sexually than you would otherwise be.
So get this one into balance, too, ladies. A nutritional balancing program will balance all the minerals – at least two dozen, and remove the toxic ones. That is the beauty of this program over others that just focus on copper or lead, or something else.
4. High and low calcium slutty clothing. High calcium immodesty is a common imbalance. These women or men are out of touch and suppressed, so their emotions, desires and secret attitudes come out in odd or unusual ways, one of which can be their dress.
Low-calcium immodest dressing. These are fast oxidizer women and men. They are fortunately rather rare. They have higher male hormone levels and may be quite sexually aggressive.
Some are energy vampires. This doesn’t mean they suck blood. It means they get energy off others. It is done by upsetting others. This can include sexually enticing men, angering women, ruining children’s innocence, and generally creating havoc. One way they do this is dressing in immodest ways. To read about these vampires, read Energetic Vampires on this site.
I know this article sounds like a downer, but it is only because I don’t want you to be down for any reason, if you know what I mean.
OTHER CLOTHING SUGGESTIONS
Warmth. Always dress to be warm enough. Some fashions do not consider this. However, if one does not dress warmly, the body goes into a fight-or-flight mode, and this is harmful for health.
Fabrics. Natural fiber clothing is better because it is more yang. However, I do not know how important this is.
Both natural and synthetic clothing contains chemicals such as dyes, bleach residues, and more. The only exception is truly organic, minimally processed natural clothing.
When you wash clothing, you may also add chemicals to them in the form of detergents and fragrances, for example.
Synthetic clothing is probably okay for most people, unless one is very sensitive to certain chemicals. Some articles I have read say differently, but I am not convinced at this time that wearing polyester, nylon, rayon or acrylic are that harmful.
Be sure you wash synthetics and natural fiber clothing first before wearing them. This is important with any new clothing, in fact, but moreso with synthetic clothing.
It is also important if you “inherit” or buy used clothing, since you never know what sort of infections lurk in the clothing. If clothing still smells like chemicals, or seems in any way unclean after washing, then either rewash it or put it out in the sun for a day or two to help purify the material.
Organic natural fibers. These are very good. However, they are more expensive, and are not be needed. You will be supporting organic agriculture, which is excellent.
Colors. I suggest wearing light colored clothing. The reasons are:
1. White and light colors tend to reflect energy. Dark colors tend to absorb energies. As you move about, it is best to reflect away most people’s energy. You will tend to feel better this way.
2. Light-colored or white clothing shows the dirt. Some don’t like this, but it will help you keep yourself cleaner and you will know sooner if you have gotten your clothing dirty.
Permanent press, anti-bacterial and other additives. I would suggest trying avoiding clothing that has extra chemicals added, if possible. The clothing usually does not breathe as well, and it takes a number of washings to remove the chemicals.