THE SAILING ANALOGY AND NUTRITIONAL BALANCING
By Dr. Lawrence Wilson
© February 2015, L.D. Wilson Consultants, Inc.
All information in this article is for educational purposes only. It is not for the diagnosis, treatment, prescription or cure of any disease or health condition.
Following a complete nutritional balancing program is often somewhat like sailing in the ocean. Here is why:
1. Sometimes it is smooth and easy. Other times you may hit rough water.
2. Things can change fast, at times without any warning.
3. At times, you may feel you are in the doldrums, meaning that not much is happening.
4. Sometimes you feel as though you are really moving fast, and perhaps you feel out of control.
5. You can feel lost, at times, as though there is no way out and you must just keep on going to get to your destination.
6. At times, you may feel like you are ‘on the rocks’, especially if you deviate from the program, which is like deviating from your course when sailing.