SKIN, AND CARE OF YOUR SKIN
by Dr. Lawrence Wilson
Ó February 2021, LD Wilson Consultants, Inc.
All information in this article is for educational purposes only. It is not for the diagnosis, treatment, prescription or cure of any disease or health condition.
The skin is the largest organ of
the body, and is a truly amazing part of the body. Here is a brief summary of what it does:
The body’s barrier. The skin is essential to protect the body from invasion by bacteria, viruses, fungi, parasites, and other invaders.
An amazing sense organ. The skin contains trillions of receptors for pain, pressure, heat cold, electrical impulses and perhaps other types of sensations. It is the main way that our bodies keep in touch with their surroundings.
Vitamin formation. The skin is involved in the formation of vitamin D when sun shines on exposed skin.
Protection from the sun. The skin will darken or tan in the presence of too much sun to protect the delicate layers of tissue from burning.
Detoxification. The skin is the largest detoxification organ of the body. However, it is so congested and toxic in most people that it does not perform this activity very well.
The skin can eliminate millions of toxic substances including metals, chemicals, gases and even some living organisms. It always helps “spare the kidneys” by eliminating many of the same toxic substances that the kidneys eliminate. This accounts for some “diseases” of the skin, and some odors associated with the skin.
An insulator. The skin helps preserve the warmth of the body because it contains a layer of fat that acts as an insulator.
Heat elimination. Sweating is an activity of the skin that acts like an evaporative cooling system to reduce body temperature if the body becomes overheated for any reason.
Absorber. The skin is a permeable layer that will absorb some nutrients, toxic metals and chemicals. In fact, our bodies may absorb anything that is placed on the skin, to a degree.
For this reason, please be careful putting anything on or close to your skin. This includes skin care products such as deodorants, soaps, detergents, lotions, perfumes, cologne and shampoos. Also be careful to wear only clean clothing. All new clothing should be washed before it is worn, even if it says it is all natural. Also be careful what you touch or handle. Occupational exposures to chemicals are important in some industries.
Signaling. Skin is a signaling organ in human beings and many animals. This means that it may secrete various chemicals in response to danger, sexual interest, or other events or situations.
Emotions. The skin responds strongly to emotional states. Women tend to do this more, but men do it also. Common reactions include blushing, becoming cold and clamy, hot and sweaty, cold sweats, rashes of different kinds, and other changes in their skin. Some say the skin has a brain of its own.
THE SKIN IS IN BAD SHAPE
The skin of almost every adult and most children is in not in good condition, no matter how beautiful it looks. It is congested, toxic and inactive, no matter how healthy it may appear. Symptoms of this include many types of skin blemishes, inability to sweat, dry skin, oily skin and others.
The main reasons for toxic, congested and inactive skin are:
1. Covering up the skin all the time with clothing. This problem plagues all human beings who wear clothing. All clothing, even natural fiber clothing, reduces the circulation to the skin and inactivates it to some degree.
2. Toxins that come into contact with the skin. These toxins include chemicals in most bathing water, chemicals used on or in clothing, and hundreds of other toxic chemicals in most skin care products such as soaps, detergents, lotions, creams, cologne, perfumes, anti-perspirants, cosmetics, massage oils, medical drugs applied to the skin, and others.
3. Excess sympathetic nervous system activity that draws blood away from the skin. One effect of the sympathetic nervous system is to draw blood away from the skin and cause it to collect in the internal organs. This causes congestion of the internal organs, and impairs circulation in the skin.
4. Poor overall health. The skin can be a reflection of the health of the entire body, and is the most visible “organ” of the body.
Saunas. To help combat the damaging effects of clothing, most cultures use various types of baths, saunas, skin brushing or other methods to help maintain and restore beautiful and healthy skin. These include the Turkish baths, Roman baths, Native American sweat lodges, and many others.
The development program is excellent for the skin. This program includes several methods of improving the health of the skin. These are discussed below.
Health conditions affecting the skin are mainly benign, but often unsightly and annoying. A few, such as melanoma, are potentially lethal. Nutritional balancing and hair analysis research offer many insights into the causes and correction of most skin conditions.
OXIDATION TYPES AND THE SKIN
Slow oxidation. Common symptoms of sluggish glandular activity (slow oxidation) include dry, rough skin and lack of sweating.
Dry, rough and itchy skin. Dry eczema, psoriasis, itchy skin and many cases of dermatitis and eczema are associated with slow oxidation. The latter are often general terms doctors use when they are not sure of the cause of a skin condition.
Copper toxicity and zinc deficiency. Slow oxidizers are often copper toxic and zinc deficient. Both of these conditions are closely associated with all types of skin diseases.
Droopy skin. The skin of slow oxidizers can also become droopy as one ages because of lack of adequate flexibility or elasticity. This, also, has to do with low zinc in the body.
Aging spots. Those in a slow oxidation state are also more likely to develop aging spots as they get older. These are often accumulations of various toxic substances that collect in the deeper layers of the skin.
Wounds that won’t heal. Try using sugar in the wound. For details, read Using Sugar And Honey To Heal Wounds.
Blemishes that come during a nutritional balancing program. During a nutritional balancing program, one can also develop blotches and spots that look just like aging spots. These are eliminations of toxic material that also collect in the skin. They will eventually go away, but it may take years for this to occur.
Fast oxidizers. Those with excessive adrenal and thyroid activity tend to sweat profusely, and have more oily skin. They tend more toward moist or weeping eczema.
Fast oxidizers often have low zinc levels, contributing to their eczema, as well as to heat rashes and diaper rashes in babies.
Allergic skin reactions. Fast oxidizers are also more prone to severe allergic skin reactions, such as hives, although this can occur in both metabolic types.
COPPER AND ZINC
Many skin conditions are related to copper and zinc imbalance. These include acne, psoriasis, eczema, vitiligo and other cases of dermatitis.
Copper is also needed for melanin production. Melanin is the pigment which gives skin its color. Copper imbalance may be involved in vitiligo, for example, in which white or depigmented areas of skin occur.
Copper is also involved in collagen synthesis. Imbalance of zinc and copper, for example, are definitely associated with stretch marks, which are tears in a deeper layer of the skin that do not heal easily. Usually, when zinc and copper are in balance, stretch marks go away.
Zinc is involved in wound healing, and helps give collagen and other tissues their elastic quality. Zinc oxide ointment is a folk remedy for skin disorders and can help prevent and heal scars, which often occur when copper imbalance is present.
VITAMIN A, VITAMIN E AND THE SKIN
Vitamin A is needed for the integrity of the skin and mucus membranes. It works synergetically with zinc. Many skin conditions associated with zinc and copper imbalance respond better to a combination of zinc and vitamin A.
However, excessive vitamin A causes dryness and peeling of the skin. This is exploited in the creams that contain Retin-A, a synthetic variant of vitamin A, to peel the skin to remove wrinkles. This is a very harmful drug, by the way, in many cases.
Vitamin E promotes healing of the skin, for which reason it is used in many skin creams. Vitamin E can be used topically, as well as ingested, for maximum benefit.
Aloe vera is another wonderful skin remedy. Aloe contains some vitamins A and E, among its other constituents. One can just apply a cut leaf to the area or one can buy an aloe vera gel product in the health food store.
ESSENTIAL FATTY ACIDS AND THE SKIN
The American diet is low in omega-3 fatty acids. This deficiency can cause dry skin and conditions such as eczema and psoriasis. Adding fish oil or flaxseed oil to the diet is important for correction of some skin conditions.
DETOXIFICATION AND SKIN DISORDERS
The skin is a marvelous organ of elimination. If other organs of elimination - the kidneys, liver, lungs and colon - are not functioning well, often excess toxic substances will be eliminated through the skin. This is a common cause of many skin conditions such as acne.
In addition, during Development, the skin may also be used for elimination of certain toxins that cannot be safely eliminated through the other organs of elimination.
Therapies to assist the eliminative organs often help the skin. These therapies include:
1. The nutritional balancing diet – rather than other diets. This is a critical factor to heal some skin conditions! One must eat 70-80% cooked vegetables for this effect. Raw food diets won’t work as well, nor will vegetarian or other diets, for various reasons. To read more about the cooked food or alkaline reserve mineral diet please read Fifty Reasons For The cooked Vegetable Diet on this site.
2. The entire nutritional balancing supplement program. This is necessary, in many cases, to restore energy production, balance body chemistry, and reduce stress on the body that can contribute to skin conditions.
3. Daily use of a near infrared light sauna. This is wonderful for most skin conditions. The only problems with it that I have seen are that occasionally it will irritate some skin cancers and it irritates rosacea. One can cover up the skin cancer with a band-aid to prevent this problem. With rosacea, turn so that the heat lamps do not shine on your face, but only on the sides and back of the body, and this may take care of the problem.
4. Daily coffee enemas. These help detoxification through the liver and colon. This can decrease the burden of detoxification through the skin, and often causes healing of skin conditions.
5. Skin brushing. This is excellent for everyone. It can be done dry – in the sauna, for example, or wet in the shower. It helps tone the skin with gentle stimulation, and it removes some of the dead outer layer of skin. For more on this, please read Skin Brushing on this website.
6. Judicious sun bathing. Nutritional balancing allows 15 to 30 minutes of sunbathing per day, although this is not practical for many people. Careful sunbathing – without using sun blockers or sunscreen – appears to be very beneficial for the skin. Human beings have lived in the sun for millennia. The problems arise when sunbathing is overdone, which is common. Sunscreens, unfortunately, usually contain toxic chemicals that are not good for the skin at all.
7. Products used in nutritional balancing that help the liver and kidneys. These include GB-3, Renamide, and perhaps others such as TMG.
8. Foot and hand reflexology. These promote general circulation and detoxification throughout the body.
9. Use of a shower massager. This can also provide vigorous massage of the skin if the massager has a high-pressure pulsed setting.
10. The kelp wrap. Although this newer nutritional balancing procedure is not specifically for the skin, it can help the skin, along with the rest of the body. To learn more about it, please read Kelp on this website.
11. Other remedies. The only ones we suggest are:
A. Pure aloe vera gel. This is helpful for some infections and is extremely soothing for the skin.
B. Black salve. This is quite irritating, but will get rid of skin cancers, and some other infections of the skin. Be careful, as it is quite irritating.
C. For wounds or ulcers that won’t heal, try using sugar or honey in the wound. For details, read Using Sugar And Honey To Heal Wounds.
D. Wo healing oil. This is an ancient Tibetan remedy for itching and burning of the skin. Warnings:
1. This remedy burns badly when applied, but the burning subsides in about 10 minutes, and with it often the itching and burning of the rash also subsides.
2. Do not use in or near the eyes. They are too delicate for this remedy.
3. Do not use more than one or two drops. That is all that is needed.
4. Do not use on a baby, ever. The person must be at least 3 years old to use this remedy.
Wo oil is a fairly yang remedy, and one that is safe, but only if used properly. It can help with itchiness until a healing reaction passes. It contains eucalyptus and camphor.
This remedy also seems to induce sleep, which is good if you have an itchy rash.
Now let us discuss some common skin conditions in more detail.
COMMON SKIN CONDITIONS
(In rough alphabetical order)
BURNING SKIN OF THE FEET, IN PARTICULAR
This is usually an early symptom of diabetes. However, when it first occurs the blood sugar may be normal and there may be no other symptoms of diabetes present.
Burning of the feet goes away if a person follows a nutritional balancing program as body chemistry improves.
GENERAL BURNING PAIN IN THE SKIN
A number of infections such as ringworm and rosacea can cause burning of the skin.
Retracing. The elimination of certain toxins through the skin is a common cause of burning and itching during nutritional balancing programs. One remedy for this is wo oil. Please read the warnings about the use of this product above.
CRACKING AND ROUGHNESS OF THE HEELS
This is very common. It can come and go. When extreme, the skin on the heels is very dry and cracks. In extreme cases, the skin can bleed and be painful.
Using a pumice stone to rub off the dead skin is helpful, though it does not eradicate the condition. One client put some coffee solution in 2 large zip lock bags, and slipped the bags on his feet for an hour daily. He says this has worked better than anything he has tried over the years. He is also on a complete nutritional balancing program.
ECZEMA AND DERMATITIS
These are somewhat catch-all diagnostic terms for various kinds of skin irritation. Most often, they go away easily with a nutritional balancing program. There is no need for cortisone cream, for example, that dermatologists often use. Cortisone does not cure the condition, but merely controls it. Our goal is always to actually heal the condition.
Many cases of eczema are due to low zinc and/or copper excess. Another factor can be a deficiency of the omega-3 fatty acids or vitamin D. Other cases are due to minor or sometimes deeper infections somewhere else in the body. As these are cleared with a nutritional balancing program, the skin problem disappears.
Eczema in newborns and infants. This can be very unsightly, and can cause a baby to bleed from scratching, in a few cases. Otherwise, it is not a serious health condition. It usually goes away easily, usually within a few weeks to a few months, with a nutritional balancing program. A properly performed hair tissue mineral analysis can guide the correction of the condition very well.
A rather rare condition that affects the skin is called Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome. This condition affects connective tissue, which includes the skin. There are a number of types of this condition. With one type, the skin can be smooth, thin, stretchy and fragile. With another type, the skin is very soft and doughy.
We don’t have a lot of experience with this condition, so we cannot say if a development program will be of benefit. However, based on the symptoms, we would guess that Ehlers-Danlos syndrome has to do with a copper imbalance, and copper imbalances usually improve with a development program.
Interestingly, a 30-year-old client developed something that looked very much like this condition during a nutritional balancing program as he eliminated certain chemicals from his body. As the elimination proceeded, the conditions changed form and eventually passed.
ITCHING (see Burning above)
This is an aggressive cancer that kills if it is not handled properly.
Prevention. The very best idea is to prevent melanoma. Methods that work well are:
1. Use black salve on any suspicious mole or blemish, especially if dark in color or that is ulcerated. Check yourself and your children for suspicious skin eruptions at least once a year, and apply black salve to them. This is easy and inexpensive.
You will need to get naked and use a mirror if you don’t have a friend to assist you. For more on this excellent method, please read Black Salve on this site.
2. Follow a complete nutritional balancing program, as this will help clear all cancer in the body.
3. Limited sun exposure is not a cause of melanoma, although some websites claim it is. In fact, melanoma is more common on sites that are not exposed to the sun, and those who get a little sun exposure tend to have less of this cancer, although they may get more of other types of skin cancers such as basal cell carcinomas.
Therapy. If you are diagnosed with melanoma, a standard nutritional balancing program is not sufficient to correct it!
Please read the article entitled Cancer And Alternative Therapies, which suggests three methods that are natural and work well for it, in most cases.
This is an unsightly rash on the face in the shape of a butterfly. It is fairly common in young women during pregnancy or after giving birth. Its cause is not clear. In our experience, a complete nutritional balancing program will take it away over a period of several months to a year.
MRSA (pronounced mirsa)
This stands for methicillin-resistant staphylococcus aureus. Stapylococcus is a common bacteria that can cause skin infections. MRSA is a modern type of staphylococcus infection that is resistant to most antibiotics normally used for these infections.
MRSA was formally only found in hospitals, in very ill patients. Now it is becoming more common in the general population. It can be a very dangerous skin infection. In my limited experience with it, it will respond to a nutritional balancing program, and perhaps also to simple remedies such as vitamin A in high doses, and perhaps soaking the area with colloidal silver.
Most cases of psoriasis, an itchy, scaly condition of the skin that may be a fungal infection of some kind, respond very well to nutritional balancing programs. Most people report that the condition goes away after a few months on a nutritional balancing program. The use of the near infrared lamp sauna and coffee enemas is very helpful for it.
RINGWORM AND OTHER FUNGAL INFECTIONS
This section is for skin infections. The section below discusses fingernail and toenail fungal infections.
Fungal infections on the skin are very common and can be difficult to get rid of. They are contagious and can be a type of sexually-transmitted disease. However, many people contract them through contaminated locker rooms, bathrooms, on sports teams, at health clubs, and in other places where people gather.
Usually, the rash is itchy and has a circular pattern. Drug store remedies such as Tinactin and Desenex will control the itching, but will not heal the fungus. Two methods to get rid of these infections are:
1. Black salve. This works very well if the rash is small, up to about the size of a dime. If it is larger, black salve is harder to use. To learn more about this method, read Black Salve on this site. Do not use black salve if you are retracing, as it usually won’t work during a retracing.
2. Cold Mountain brand Bulgarian Style Plain, Whole Milk Yogurt. This is unusual, but applying this particular product to the rash has helped some people get rid of fungal infections. You must apply it twice daily for about 10 days.
Fungal flare-ups during a nutritional balancing program. One may retrace an old fungal infection while on a nutritional balancing program. When this occurs, the rash will often flare up and become acute for a while, and then disappear permanently. This can be very annoying, but it does go away. It may take several weeks to fade away.
FINGERNAIL AND TOENAIL FUNGUS
This is an unsightly infection of the nail bed. It causes the nail to be discolored, rough and weak. It can be difficult to correct. We are researching various remedies, including:
1. Hydrogen peroxide. Soak the infected fingers or toes in a strong solution (10-15% solution) of hydrogen peroxide for at least 30 minutes daily. To do this, you will need a bottle of 35% hydrogen peroxide, and you must dilute it, or it will just burn the skin.
2. Coffee solution. Soak the affected fingers or toes in a coffee solution for an hour each day – the same strength of coffee used in the coffee enemas. This may work well, according to one of our clients.
3. Red heat lamp therapy. Shine a red heat lamp on the affected toes or fingers. You will need to position the lamp so that it is very close to the affected areas. This may work because fungal infections are cold infections, and some do not handle heat well, at all.
One of our clients placed a red heat lamp near his feet and moved his toes close to the light for about 15 minutes once each day. He said that in time the nail grew out healthy. However, it must be combined with a complete nutritional balancing program, and it took a number of months of continuous use of the heat lamp at the feet.
4. Anti-fungal solutions and drugs. These are found in drug stores or by prescription. These can be helpful, although most are somewhat toxic.
One is aluminum acetate or Burrow’s solution, for example. This suppress some fungal infections.
This somewhat unsightly condition may be due to an infection in the intestines or elsewhere. It is not one of the easiest conditions to eradicate with a nutritional balancing program. One problem with it that I encounter is that sauna therapy, a method that is so helpful with most skin conditions, can aggravate the symptoms on the face. In this case, turn so that only your back and sides face the lamps of the sauna.
An interesting insight about rosacea is that taking betaine hydrochloride and pepsin, a common digestive aid, has been found to improve it, in some cases. I welcome feedback concerning the use of nutritional balancing for rosacea. Also, for more about this condition, please read Rosacea on this website.
Scars are damaged places on the skin that never healed properly. They are forms of adhesions, meaning that the body cannot heal the area properly, so it protects it with layers of hard, fibrous or fibrotic tissue that we call a scar.
Those who experience bad scarring after a cut, or after surgery, for example, usually have an imbalance involving copper and zinc in the body. They are also usually low in the omega-3 fatty acids and vitamin D.
A major cause of scarring is malnutrition. In my experience, a nutritional balancing program will definitely reduce many scars, even very old ones. The daily or twice use of a near infrared lamp sauna in combination with the nutritional balancing program is even better, and often much better. Just using a sauna alone is not as good. For more on this topic, read Scars on this website.
SEXUALLY TRANSMITTED DISEASES
A number of STDs (sexually-transmitted diseases) cause skin eruptions. They occur both externally and inside the vagina, or around the penis in men. The infections include genital warts, human papilloma virus or HPV, herpes, gonorrhea, syphilis and perhaps others. Over 100 varieties of HPV exist. Most are benign, however. I do not recommend the HPV vaccine, which is quite dangerous.
An excellent remedy for most STDs is a complete nutritional balancing program plus hot baths with 2 to 4 cups of 35% hydrogen peroxide about 3 times per week for a few weeks. Even more powerful is to get a hot tub ozone generator and run the tube into the peroxide bath and inside the vagina during the bath.
For acute STDs, another powerful remedy is to paint the inside of the vagina or the penis with fresh garlic juice several times daily. It will burn a little, but it can stop recent STDs only. It will not work on STDs that have been present more than a day or two.
Preventing STDs is always best, since some are nasty and difficult to heal. This is done easily with sexual abstinence before marriage, marital fidelity, and helped by the use of condoms, though this may not work. Beware that birth control pills, IUDs, and diaphragms offer NO PROTECTION against STDs. Today, even getting in hot tubs or pools, or kissing friends, can transmit STDs. For much more on this important topic, please read STDs on this website.
Most are fairly benign such as basal cell carcinoma and others. See above for Melanoma, which is not benign.
Black salve is an excellent remedy for all skin cancers. Be sure to follow the instructions carefully.
This is usually part of an allergic condition in the body. It usually responds very well to a nutritional balancing regimen.
De-pigmented spots or larger white areas of skin are called vitiligo. They result from the death or non-functioning of the melanocytes – the cells that contain the pigments that give skin its color. The condition is more common in women, and most commonly affects the hands, feet and face.
Our research indicates that this may be related to arsenic or iron toxicity. It may be related to a bacterial infection, as this is associated with too much iron.
A nutritional balancing program is often able to heal this condition. Patience is required for good results.
In medical school, I saw that some doctors treated this condition with large doses of valium. The patients were heavily sedated by the medication. I do not recommend this method, and I don’t think it is needed.
These are sometimes called plantar warts because they often occur on the plantar or bottom surface of the feet. They also often occur on the hands and fingers. They are benign, but unsightly, and they can spread, and cause pain on the feet.
Common warts are somewhat mysterious, as they can come and go. They seem to be more common among teens and young adults, and they may be eliminations of certain toxins.
Helpful remedies include putting some 35% hydrogen peroxide on them, or rubbing a little vitamin A on them. Drug stores sell solutions of salicylic acid, usually, that may be able to burn them off, as well. Putting a small amount of black on salve on them may also work.
OTHER SKIN-RELATED TOPICS
WHAT NOT TO PUT ON YOUR SKIN
1. Avoid all toxic soaps, lotions, creams, deodorants, cosmetics, makeup, nail polish and other products on the skin. Women often use these products. Look for the most natural skin care products.
Always read the labels! Even health food stores sell chemical-laden skin care products. Use plain soap. The less you put on your skin, the better.
If you follow a nutritional balancing program, and especially if you use a near infrared lamp sauna, you will need very few skin care products. For more details, read Cosmetics And Skin Care Products on this website.
2. Avoid too many baths. Watch out for too many baths for two important reasons. 1) Most tap water contains some chemicals, and 2) baths are very yin and too many tend to unbalance the body. A bath once a week is usually okay. More is not as good.
I don’t believe bath water filters are too effective. I suggest shorter showers instead of baths, and preferably do not use very hot water. More tepid water causes less absorption of toxins in the water and is better for the skin in other ways, as well.
I would also suggest avoiding clay baths and clay packs, which contain too much aluminum, although once in a while they are okay. Baths with Epsom salts once or even twice weekly are okay, but only if needed. Baths with salt and baking soda are a little better, but still limit them, please.
3. Wraps. A skin procedure that is excellent are kelp wraps. To learn how to do them, please read about them in the Kelp article. They nourish the skin and the entire body. Rubbing salt (the salt glow) also seems to be okay.
Please do not do regular mud or clay wraps. These often contain toxic metals, although they will remove some toxins from the body.
4. Massage oils are usually cheap junk that is toxic. Ideally, do not use them. For massage, one can use a little liquid soap or even a little cream or butter on the skin. Shea butter is okay, too.
5. Do not dry clean any clothing that will touch your skin. Residues of dry cleaning chemicals always stay in the clothing, and are quite toxic.
Due to the threat of skin cancer, medical authorities claim we must avoid the sun. It is true that ultraviolet radiation will age the skin. However, studies show that sunbathers have more skin cancer, but less internal cancer. In addition, malignant melanoma, the deadliest skin cancer, is more common among people who stay out of the sun and usually occurs on parts of the body not directly exposed to the sun.
Contrary to environmental propaganda, the ultraviolet levels in America are falling. The changes from 1974 to 1985 ranged from -1.1% in Minneapolis to -0.4% in Philadelphia, but all cities showed a decline in ultraviolet radiation.
Reasons for increased skin cancer include the southward migration of our population, poorer overall health, and perhaps tanning lotions. These lotions block ultraviolet B, but allow the ultraviolet A, which is supposedly harmless. By blocking the ultraviolet B, people may spend too much time in the sun, leading to subtle skin damage.
Sunlight should be considered a nutrient. Dr. John Ott wrote several books about the therapeutic value of sunlight. At many sanitariums, exposure to sunshine was an integral part of the therapy for tuberculosis and other chronic diseases. Obviously, overexposure to the sun is not beneficial. But some exposure, especially early or late in the day, is healthful. For more information, read The Hole in the Ozone Scare by Maduro and Schauerhammer, 1992.
How to use the sun for healing. I recommend sunbathing for about one-half an hour during the hot part of the day, and a little more, up to 45 minutes if you sunbathe in the early morning or later in the afternoon. There are other benefits to sunshine in the early or later hours of the day. Ideally, do not spend more time than this in the sun per day. If you must spend more time in the sun than this, I do not suggest wearing sun tan lotions, as they are all toxic. Instead, wear thin, light-colored clothing and a hat.
For much more information about topics related to the sun such as sun tan lotions and creams, sun glasses, sun tanning, tanning beds, and more, read The Sun And Its Relation To Health on this website.
The skin of babies is extremely soft and delicate. It is also very active at birth. However, the skin of most babies becomes congested and inactive after a few years because most parents wrap up the baby too much. This cuts off the circulation to the skin. At times, the skin also suffers because parents wash the bed sheets and clothing of the baby in detergents and harsh soaps, and the residue poisons the baby’s skin. Please be careful and only use the gentlest soaps and detergents to wash anything that will come in contact with a baby.
Babies can sunbathe and it is excellent for them. Only put your child in the sun for five to ten minutes per day, in most cases. That is all they need. If they will be in the sun for longer than this, perhaps at the beach, for example, do not use sun tan lotions! Instead, dress them in thin, light clothing with long sleeves and long pants, to protect them from the sun if they will be out in the sun for more than 10 minutes or so. Please do not rub sun tan lotions or anything on the skin of babies. These products, even baby oils or baby lotions, always damage the skin of babies if used repeatedly. If a baby has eczema or dry skin, put the child on a nutritional balancing program to heal the condition rather than using creams and lotions of any kind.
SAUNA THERAPY FOR SKIN CONDITIONS
Without a doubt, one of the finest therapies for skin conditions is a near infrared lamp sauna. Also, a single reddish heat lamp can be used by itself, but it is not nearly as good as sitting in a near infrared sauna each day for between 30-40 minutes once or even twice daily.
In combination with a complete nutritional balancing program, the sauna will cleanse the skin from the inside, which will help remove skin infections, toxins that lodge in the skin, and assist with general rejuvenation of the skin. For more on this, read Sauna Therapy on this website.
HEALTHFUL SKIN PRODUCTS
Healthful soaps and shampoos. Most soap today is harmful for the skin. Most soaps contain toxic ingredients including coloring, scents, chelating agents such as EDTA, flowing agents, moistrurizers and even toxic herbal ingredients. Products that I recommend are Jr Liggett’s old fashioned bar shampoo (can be used as soap), plain castile soap, black African soap, Grandpa’s Pine Tar Soap, ad perhaps a few others only. See the Cosmetics article for details.
Skin remedies. If you need to apply something to your skin for minor cuts and bruises, irritation or rashes, products that are safe are aloe vera gel, witch hazel, vitamin E, and shea butter.
I do not recommend applying other products to the skin. This even includes essential oils such as lavender oil and many others, which can be slightly toxic to the entire body. Recall that anything you put on your skin will be absorbed into the body.