by Dr. Lawrence Wilson
© October 2019, LD Wilson Consultants, Inc.
All information in this article is for educational purposes only. It is not for the diagnosis, treatment, prescription or cure of any health condition.
1. Cults are forms of organization in which the members of a group give over their will and often other things such as their bodies and their money to the leader or leaders. The leader(s) live off the energy, needs or weaknesses of the cult members in a selfish way.
2. A cult is an organization or situation in which a leader abuses people. The abuse can be overt, such as raping women or murdering those whom the leaders do not like.
The abuse can also be subtle, such as bossing people around, making them feel insecure using random violence, lying to them, and stealing their energy, which is Energy Vampirism. These are broad definitions, but they will suffice for this article.
Degrees of cults. Cults can be very extreme or they can be less so. The more extreme ones generally involve the following elements:
- Twisted religious or spiritual ideas
- A lot of brainwashing and/or hypnosis.
- Often, sex with the leader
- Often, everyone lives together or on the same property.
Less extreme cult situations have fewer of these elements.
II. ASPECTS OF CULTS
ENERGETIC ASPECTS OF CULTS
Cults must lower the adaptive energy or vitality level of their members in order to maintain control and be able to manipulate them. This is so important it must never be overlooked when examining any society, organization, group or movement in society. Entire books could be written about this subject, so important is it.
If the person has a good adaptive energy level, the person will be much harder to control. Cults therefore “specialize”, one might say, in finding ways to lower the adaptive energy of their members.
Some of the major ways they lower people’s energy level include:
- Poisoning, which can be subtle. This includes subtle or overt poisoning of the water supplies, the food supply, the air, or objects the members touch or work around.
- The use of filth or dirtiness in some way to demean and sicken people. People may be told to wear dirty clothing, eat food that is unclean or contaminated, or just not allowing people to bathe enough.
- Nutritional deprivation, which can include fasting, intermittent fasting (no breakfast plans, for example, or only eating two meals daily)
- Sleep deprivation, such as by keeping people up late at night for ‘services’, working people too hard, etc.
- Random violence that instills fear in people.
- Too much sex, either voluntary or rape. See the section below about sexual aspects of cults.
- Teaching false ideas that disempower and divide people such as today’s identity politics, homosexuality, gender dysphoria and entire ideologies such as socialism or communism that demean or de-emphasize the importance of the individual in favor of empowering the “nation” or the “collective”.
- Rituals that are harmful. These include witchcraft such as voodoo, casting spells, yelling at people, whipping people, animal sacrifice, restraining people in any way, long dances that wear people out, standing up for a long time, long marches such as that which Mao Tse Tung forced the Chinese people to undergo, repeating meaningless words or “mantras” or words and phrases that make people feel guilty, sad, guilty or inferior. Some cults want people naked and cold together, for example, or even beating each other to help them “learn lessons”.
Rituals may include the use of “mind-expanding drugs”, “magic mushrooms”, ecstacy (a drug), alcohol or other toxic substances.
Some groups weaken people with vegetarian or raw food diets. We assure you these are very harmful and quite evil. Even the idea now taught in the New York City schools called “Meatless Mondays” is quite evil in our view. So is intermittent fasting, now gaining popularity as a way to lose weight and save time in your busy schedule.
SEXUAL ASPECTS AND RAPE WITHIN CULTS
In every cult, by our definition, the leaders use the members bodies, minds, or resources either for sex, or for other purposes such as to take their money or use their labor, for example. The sexual aspects of cults are most interesting, and extremely important for a number of reasons:
1. Rape is often used within cults to “condition” people, humiliate people, lower people’s energy level, for fun by the leader, and for brainwashing and other purposes as well. Rape is excellent to condition human beings, sadly. For much more on rape and its uses, read Rape on this website.
2. Sex may also be used as part of male or even female dominance conditioning, in some, if not many cults and terror societies. In other words, the senior people are “rewarded” with sex, as seen also in many animal societies.
3. Sex can be used as entertainment, for example. With some groups it is the main way they attract new members.
4. Sexual rituals, group sex and other odd practices are used also to initiate people, condition people in special ways, humiliate people as part of a ritual such as making one remove all their clothes for an “inspection”
5. Sexual rituals spread sexually transmitted diseases and, in this way, they sicken people to make them more docile and obedient.
6. Sex is used to procreate new members, like the offspring of the king in olden times.
7. Sex weakens people by depleting their sexual fluid and reversing the flow of subtle energy in the body.
8. Sexual contact easily move toxic metals into people’s bodies through sweat during sexual contact. This is very effective and subtle. It is one reason some people feel ‘dirty’ after having sex.
9. Sex and particularly rape can remove advanced souls and replace them with less advanced or aberrant souls
10. Sex can be used for “therapy” in some way.
11. Strange or kinky sexual rituals excite or torture people, such as sex with animals, group sex, violent sex, homosex, or other methods. Often, cult members are told these are perfectly normal and just good fun.
The sexual aspect can be voluntary, meaning that it is not required, but the cult suggests it strongly, perhaps “to bond the group” together.
The sex often involves rape, or involuntary sex. This can be overt or it may be seduction rape. In this instance, sex is portrayed as “an important part of the fun” of the group or an “obligation” because we are all just one big family.
BRAINWASHING IN CULTS
Most cults engage in brainwashing and/or hypnosis, at least to some degree, to help keep the group in line. This is an important point, because the indoctrination or hypnosis can be extremely subtle. If you join a group of any kind, note if you feel that such brainwashing is going on.
Brainwashing is not the same as simply teaching a doctrine or other material. With brainwashing, there is usually punishment if one does not go along, and rewards for changing one’s views and going along with the leader. For more on this subject, read Hypnosis, Brainwashing and Mental Influencing on this website.
POWER ASPECTS OF CULTS AND TERROR SOCIETIES
Cults and terror societies are always about centralized power. This is another important principle. Power flows from the boss, leader, king or “main man” downward, and never the other way around. This is a key to understanding cults and terror societies.
Power is maintained over the “subjects” in hundreds or even thousands of ways, from sheer force of military might, to rape, torture, or teaching various doctrines such as the divine right of kings, for example.
Power may also be maintained in very subtle ways such as taking people’s money and possessions away, spying on people, or even inflating the currency in a nation to bankrupt the people. Inflating the money is a hidden tax that secretly transfers enormous wealth from the people to their government.
The entire Western world is practicing this today, as are China, Japan, Russia and other nations as well. This is all stealing wealth, which is one way to keep power centralized and maintain the rule of the leaders when other methods fail.
Other ways to maintain power are to damage the women, damage the family unit, get rid of religion and God, since these are “alternative power structures” that inevitably compete with the cult leader or state. Another way is to teach a hierarchical and authoritarian religion in which the leaders or priests or Imans make the decisions.
Some cultish groups teach that it is good to be poor, humble, self-effacing and to defer your own needs to the “church” or leaders. One can teach people that it is noble to be a slave or a servant of the government. Many other methods are used to maintain centralized power.
RELIGIOUS OR SPIRITUAL ASPECTS CULTS
Many cults have a religious tone or theme. They may call themselves new age, “Christian” or Eastern religious names. These cult attract people who think the group is very “spiritual”.
We call this type of group satanic. This means that the group or organization is the opposite of what it appears.
Some people who do not like religion say that all religions are cults. We don’t agree with this because many religious groups do not abuse people. In fact, the leaders help the people to live better lives and are not selfish. Therefore, by our definition, they are not cults at all.
LEGAL ASPECTS OF CULTS
Cults are often thought to be automatically illegal. However, cults are not necessarily specifically illegal, or even that immoral, in some cases. One can argue that some of them offer an “alternative lifestyle” or an alternative way of living and organizing society that some people want and enjoy. Therefore, the police should leave them alone, provided they do not break any civil laws.
For example, some men and women may choose to live in large homes with one man controlling and having sex with many women. This arrangement may provide a certain security and safety for the women, who may also enjoy sex with the leader. Who are we to say this is definitely a cult and illegal?
However, many states in the United States, and in other nations, have passed anti-cult laws. These are an attempt to protect people from rape, violence and murder that may occur within the community or group. The laws are designed to protect against crimes such as assault, domestic violence, sexual harassment, fraud, molestation, robbery, rape and even murder in the name of a cause.
These laws are controversial, according to some legal authorities, particularly in nations such as the USA, where freedom of association is supposedly guaranteed by the federal and state constitutions.
Proving allegations against cult leaders is also difficult, at times, if the cult keeps a low profile and is discreet. Group members often say under oath that they are choosing to live a certain way, just as some couples choose to live in a sort of violent fashion in some homes.
The question is how far the police have the right to go to interfere with the lifestyles of the people, especially in nations where people are supposed to have a degree of privacy from government snooping and government oppression. Where does privacy end and rape and violence begin in a family or a community or group? This can be a difficult issue.
III. CULT-LIKE ASPECTS OF MODERN SOCIETY
CULTURES AS CULTS
The word cult and the word culture come from the same root meaning. It is true, indeed, that an entire culture can be based on brainwashing, sexual molestation and perversion, for example, and so the similarity in the words can be meaningful, though certainly not in every case.
It is always wise, however, to examine the culture of a nation or society, as it may yield clues to how the people are controlled and conditioned by leaders, or by a religion or ideology.
PROGRESSIVE AND LIBERAL VALUES AS A CULT
While some will disagree vigorously, we believe certain aspects of modern society are cult-like. These include:
- Forced vaccination, which puts toxic metals and toxic chemicals into the body.
- Drugging people with medical drugs that are all poisons or they would not be called drugs.
- Encouraging pot smoking and the use of CBD, a narcotic drug.
- Wrecking the food supply. The “green revolution” in Western societies on earth ruined the nutrition of the crops. Much more crop is grown on an acre of land using superphosphate fertilizers that are growth stimulants. However, the crops have a much lower mineral content because the soils are depleted of nutrients. It is soil mining, not farming.
Other ways modern agriculture has harmed people is to put toxic chemicals on the crops and more recently, genetic manipulation of the crops (see GMO Foods).
- Poisoning the livestock animals with antibiotics, hormones and other chemicals and medical drugs.
- Once harvested, poisoning the food supply with thousands of chemical additives.
- Poisoning and depletion of the food due to food processing, such as allowing people to eat white sugar and white flour. We also do not like the chemicals used in frozen foods that are never found on the label, for example.
- Teaching people that socialism and communism are good, when this is total lie.
- Opposing or interfering with freedom of religion.
- Interfering with freedom of speech by calling some speech “hate speech”, “politically incorrect”, “offensive” and more.
- Teaching people that all cultures are equal in value, when this is a complete lie.
- Teaching the lie that all sexual preferences are equally good.
- Teaching the false idea that gender is “voluntary” and not biological. (We find that gender dysphoria is due to biochemical and nutritional imbalances in most cases. For details, see Gender Dysphoria.)
Does any of this sound familiar? All of it weakens and divides people, making then easier to control and manipulate.
Please, when evaluating a church, a group, or any organization that you are thinking of joining, watch for such activities, even if they seem mild. These are often hidden ways that groups condition and brainwash their members.
IV. OTHER RELATED TOPICS
WOMEN AND MEN WHO JOIN OR ARE ATTRACTED TO CULTS
Often, but certainly not always, the men and women are docile types of people who are easily led and easily manipulated by charismatic leaders. Often, but not always, they were molested and/or raped as children or young adults. Most tend to be very fearful so they are easy to control and to shepherd, as it were, into the group and to keep them coming back for more.
DEFINING QUALITIES OF CULTS THAT OFTEN FULFILL DEEP HUMAN NEEDS
1. Cults seem “powerful” or sovereign, and many people are attracted to this power. One might think that cult members would automatically rebel against a leader’s threats or actions such as torture, rape, or even murder. But some people who may feel powerless or confused like this quality. The members feel more powerful, vicariously, perhaps. Feeling powerful and in control is a deep human need. This sounds twisted, and it is, but it occurs.
For example, in the 1930s and 1940s, many Germans identified with Adolf Hitler as their leader, even though today we listen to his speeches and he was clearly quite insane and definitely a cult leader.
Force in a cult can take many forms. It could be that it is a religious group and the threat of force is that God will punish them if they leave the cult. It could be a threat of some other kind, such as social pressure, embarrassment, excommunication from a religion, loss of income, or something else.
2. Cults limit open and free thought beyond certain well-defined boundaries. In other words, the members are not allowed to question the beliefs and practices in the cult. If they do question too much, they are usually expelled, punished, or even killed, in some cases.
Ways that cults prevent open discussion and freedom of thought are to invoke religious ideas, for example. Other ways are through peer pressure, subtle or overt threats of rape or violence, threats of expulsion and even threats of death.
One might say that this is horrible, but, in fact, some people who are confused and feeling lost do not like too much freedom, and may be attracted to religions and groups that teach them not to question and who limit their ideas and expression.
3. Cults often, if not always, have a seductive, flattering and hypnotic quality. Many people actually enjoy being seduced and hypnotized. This can explain some human behavior very well, indeed.
The cult leader is often suave, sexy or seductive, appealing and charismatic in some way. Most have hidden agendas, and many use underhanded means such as seduction, flattery, hype or lies to lure people in, and then to keep them in the cult. However, some of the people are attracted to this quality and respect it.
The exception is a terror society in which members are held at gunpoint or fenced in, for example, and clearly raped or murdered if they do not comply with the leader’s wishes. Here, too, this may satisfy a human need to punish others, for example, in ways one would never do oneself. However, it may be acceptable for the government or the leader to take drastic action against others. This, too, sounds twisted, but it is part of crowd psychology or mob psychology, which always comes into play in cults and terror societies.
4. Cults usually have an intimate or family-like quality about them. This is a curious and important “human” quality. It appeals deeply to many people who, perhaps, did not enjoy a good early family life or who long for a group to belong to. Wanting a family is a human trait that is quite strong. The family provides safety, companionship, often sex, material support, opportunity for work, play, social gathering, and more.
Cults often exploit this human need or desire in many ways by having people live together, enjoy loose sex, play and work together, and more.
5. Cults often, but not always have a religious or spiritual tone or undertone. This also fulfills a deep need in many, many people. Most people want some type of spiritual guidance and direction in their lives. Some find it in the traditional churches and religions, while others find it from reading and studying books, watching religious television, walking in nature, or elsewhere.
Joining a group or cult is another way to satisfy this important human need and desire. The cult leader(s) then uses this need to control the members and make sure that the hidden agendas of the leader(s) are fulfilled.
6. Cults can make their members feel special or loved in a special way. This, too, is a deep need for many people that can get a person in trouble easily. The leader is aware of this need, and may repeatedly tell his followers how special they are, or how special he is and by association, how special they are. They may also be told that their “mission” or work or crusade is very special, and by association, they are special.
So beware of this, as it trips up some people. It appeals particularly to those who feel inferior and perhaps worthless or sinful. However, it can appeal to the ego of anyone.
In this way, cults and terror societies are organized carefully, often, to appeal to often twisted or aberrant but deep and often unconscious human needs and desires. These can be organized according to the seven main energy centers of the body, or in other ways.
SLEEP DEPRIVATION IN CULTS AND IN MODERN SOCIETIES
One of the tools used by many cults and in some terror societies to control people is to deprive them of enough rest and sleep, and even enough relaxation time. This has a severe weakening effect upon people that, in turn, makes them more susceptible to the will of the leader, less able to resist, more easily brainwashed and hypnotized, and more ill. In this sense, sleep deprivation, like rape, is an excellent tool to use to control and manipulate anyone.
Sadly, this same method is used today in all sorts of organizations from universities and medical schools, for example, even to hospitals, to keep the doctors and nurses in line. It is also used in religious organizations, including mainstream churches, at times, to keep the followers off balance and docile.
Please beware of any group, activity, organization or teaching that encourages people to stay up late or in some other way to obtain less than 8 or 9 hours of sleep each and every night. This is a warning, as we find too many people “caught up” in such groups.
One of the worst examples of the weakening effect of lack of rest occurs often in students at sleepaway colleges. The professors often load the students up with reading and assignments that force the students to stay up late reading or writing papers, for example. Whether by accident or intentionally, this weakens the student’s resolve, slows the mind, dulls the mind, and makes the student much more susceptible to the professor’s subtle propaganda and brainwashing.
Other ways this is used is to force medical students to stay on the job for 12 hours or more, force nurses to work long hours, or force anyone to do the same. Still another way is to force people to get up very early for high school, for example, or for college classes, or even for work or for sports events or other events. Even getting up for “prayers” at odd hours can weaken people.
All of these deprive people of enough sleep and rest. They are powerful methods that cults and terror societies all know can be used to help control and manipulate people without their knowledge.
CULTS, ANIMAL SOCIETIES AND BIOLOGICAL DOMINANCE THEORY
Cults, in some ways, emulate or resemble the way many animal species are organized for survival. That is, they are ruled by usually one or several dominant male animals who have free sexual access to all of the females in the group or herd of animals. The women and the lesser males stay with the dominant male because the male protects the group, literally. In return, the women submit to sex and the lesser males do not challenge this, or anything else that the dominant male or males ask for.
However, a lesser male animal, especially a younger one, may, at any time, challenge the dominant male in a kind of mock warfare. If the younger one wins, then he becomes the dominant male and the older dominant one is thrown out. This does not usually occur in human cults, but it is the way things work in the animal societies.
In human cults, survival of the group is an issue. However, it differs from animal societies because survival is not usually the dominant theme. In human cults, other issues such as sex with the leader, control, power over others, vampirism or even violence are dominant. In some cases, perhaps an ideology, religion, type of work or something else is dominant.
Also, in the human cults, hypnosis, seduction, brainwashing, and violence against the members, including rape, beating, shooting, undressing, embarrassment, harassment, intimidation, threats and more are often a dominant feature of the cult. This does not usually occur in the animal societies, which are more organized around survival.
Violence among animals occurs, on occasion, if, for example, the dominant male is challenged, or if a female does not want to go along with sex with the dominant male, but usually this is not the case. Most often the females want to have sex with the powerful dominant male in order to have the most powerful and best equipped babies, so this is not much of a problem. Also, among animals, couple loyalty and “love” is not usually much of an issue, so sex is more free and not related to love or loyalty as much as it is to having young that will survive.
One can thus view human cults and terror societies as a kind of imitation of the animal kingdom, or perhaps a throwback or regression to a more primitive organizational form of society.
CHILDREN AND CULTS
A very important topic is how children are used and brainwashed in cults. Many cults want children present. The children are always abused. Sometimes it is obvious, such as whipping, beating, rape or molestation. In other cases, it is more subtle and more about brainwashing the children to obey or to believe false doctrines. For some details, read My Healing Crisis (from a childhood cult upbringing).
A terror society is an entire nation or society that is run as a cult. A strong leader or group of leaders subjugates or subjects everyone else to his or her rule using an army or armed thugs who roam about the area and keep the people in line.
Examples of terror societies include today’s mainland China (Red China or communist China), North Korea, most of the nations of the Middle East or Arabia, and some nations of Africa and Asia.
In fact, many societies in history, particularly empires, would be called terror societies. These included the Roman Empire, the former Communist Soviet Union, Nazi Germany, and many others. These can be considered terror societies because they were or are maintained by terror, basically.
Many of the societies mentioned in the Bible, which are thousands of years old, such as Egypt under the Pharaohs.
In contrast, what are called “free societies” have less military presence, although they still use force if a person does not follow the rules. They use persuasion, and perhaps seduction, hypnosis, “education” and other means to indoctrinate, control and manipulate the members of the society.