INTRODUCTION TO DEVELOPMENT
© July 2016, L.D. Wilson Consultants, Inc.
All information in this article is for educational purposes only. It is not for the diagnosis, treatment, prescription or cure of any disease or health condition.
A Way To Overcome Illness
A Home-Based Program
Made In The Image Of God
Improved Immune Response
Better Toxin Elimination
Safety of Development
Blocks To Development
How To Develop Yourself
A Complete Development Program
The Energy Centers
What Development Is Not
The Stages Of Development
WHAT IS DEVELOPMENT?
Almost all human beings on earth are nutritional cripples. By this I mean that they are so malnourished and toxic that they do not develop and function as they should.
This may sound unusual because our miserable state of health – with thousands of symptoms and diseases - is considered “normal” by our leaders, our doctors and by most others. However, it is not normal at all!
The word development refers to two separate processes:
1. The natural and automatic correction of the state of health that occurs when the body is fed correctly and balanced properly for a few years.
2. An amazing process that occurs if one continues to balance and nourish the body properly for a longer time. Also, one must do the pushing down exercise for at least 1 hour daily. This combination produces even better health, and can produce a much longer life.
Development may also be described as:
- Nothing less than the unfoldment of the full potential of a human being.
- A precise physiological and energetic process with definite stages and a fixed sequence of events.
- A poorly understood method to overcome illness. Allow me to explain this.
Almost all healing methods give remedies to remove symptoms. The remedies may be drugs, herbs, vitamins, homeopathic remedies, physical treatments, or other things.
In contrast, nutritional balancing causes development. This, in turn, causes most symptoms to vanish without a need for remedies.
Development literature. In Western civilization, Jesus of Nazareth demonstrated abilities that come with advanced development.
A number of Catholic saints also experienced development. Among the best known are Saint Nicholaos of Myra and Padre Pio. For the fascinating story of Saint Nicholaos of Myra, click here.
Many of the Hebrew patriarchs such as Abraham, Enoch and Ezekiel also developed themselves. Their lives are described in the Old Testament of the Bible.
The Life And Teaching Of The Masters Of The Far East by Baird T. Spaulding (6 volumes), and all the books by Lobsang Rampa include some discussion of development among the Tibetans. However, these fascinating books are not too well known.
A more recent book about development is The Mutant Message From Down Under by Marlo Morgan. It describes the life of the Australian Aborigines in a very easy-to-read and entertaining way.
A home-based program. In the past, people had to live in monasteries or convents to develop themselves. However, the instructions below allow anyone to begin to develop while living at home.
Made in God’s image. I believe the idea of development is found in the Old Testament of the Bible in the line from Genesis that “God made man in his own image”. One meaning of this statement is that God is obviously developed, and so, too, can a human being develop because he or she is made in the image or likeness of God.
Development has five main effects:
* Faster regeneration of the body. This is important because the body is always in a process of being torn down by stress, and having to rebuild. Rebuilding of the body slows as one ages, and this opens the body to all diseases. Development causes faster and more accurate synthesis of proteins, enzymes and all vital body chemicals.
* A better immune response. A stronger immune response means fewer infections. Normally, the thymus gland and other immune structures in the body begin to weaken and atrophy around the age of 30. Development slowly restores the thymus gland, the Peyer’s patches, and other immune structures.
* Better toxin elimination through the Peyer’s patches. The Peyer’s patches are small lymph glands located along the wall of the small intestine. They allow the body to eliminate certain toxins directly from the lymph fluid into the small intestine without having to pass through the liver or kidneys. The Peyer’s patches tend to atrophy after about age 40. Development slowly restores them.
* Telomere lengthening. The telomeres are little tags on one end of a chromosome. As we age, they shorten. As this occurs, more errors occur in copying our DNA. This causes some diseases of aging. Development can reverse this process.
* Increased brain power. As we age, brain cells die and are not adequately replaced. This is one cause of diminished mental capacity in older people – and even in some younger ones today.
Development causes the replacement of some of the glial supporting cells in the brain with neurons. The latter are the cells required for thinking and memory. The result is an improvement in cognitive skills, memory, coordination, personality integration and improved overall brain activity.
This website is deeply concerned with the safety of all methods of healing. In this regard, development is one of the safest ways to restore and maintain one’s health. Reasons for this include:
1. Development is based on following a healthful lifestyle and an excellent quality diet.
2. Development rarely requires the use of toxic drugs, surgery, bio-identical hormones, chelation or other somewhat more dangerous methods and procedures.
3. Development involves a lot of rest and sleep. This tends to reduce injuries from accidents that often occur when people are overtired.
4. Development teaches self-discipline. This trait also tends to reduce accidents.
BLOCKS TO DEVELOPMENT
Development is a natural process. However, it rarely occurs due to several factors:
* Poor nutrition. Most everyone today is somewhat mineral-starved. This even includes those who eat only organically grown, natural, whole foods. The reason is that the quality of the food has declined on earth in the past 100 years or so, thanks to the green revolution.
The main problem is the use of superphosphate fertilizers. It is used on organic and commercial food today. This food - which includes all of it today - is higher in carbohydrates, but much lower in vital minerals.
This is easily proven by comparing the USDA analysis of foods table from a century ago with that of today. A book entitled Empty Harvest (1995) by Dr. Bernard Jensen and Mark Anderson explores this situation in detail.
With the green revolution has come much less starvation on earth, but also the so-called diseases of civilization, such as cancer, heart disease, and diabetes. So it has been a mixed blessing.
Other causes of poor nutrition are stopping breastfeeding before the age of about 3, and eating refined grains, refined sugar, and other “junk” food and fast food. Toxins in many foods are another serious problem because they upset digestion. For more on this topic, please read Everyone Is Toxic And Depleted.
* Recreational drug use. Another powerful block to development is using drugs, including marijuana. Avoid all drugs, including recreational and medical marijuana, if you are interested in development. For more on this topic, please read Recreational Drugs, Medical Marijuana and CBD Oil.
* Stress. Reducing all types of stress and getting plenty of rest are most helpful for development. For more on this topic, please read Understanding Stress.
* Congenital problems. These are nutritional deficiencies and toxic metals in newborns. They are passed from the mother into the baby during pregnancy. They almost always include zinc and selenium deficiencies, and excessive amounts of toxic metals such as mercury, aluminum, cadmium, lead and others.
* Toxin exposure after birth. This can also slow development. The worst of these are vaccines. The truth about vaccine damage is heavily suppressed. Vaccines have spawned the autism and ADD epidemics of today, among other very serious health problems of children.
Doctors who speak out against vaccines lose their licenses, so you won’t get the truth about vaccines from licensed doctors. Even naturopathic schools require the students to be vaccinated, indicating that they, too, have lost their way. For much more on this topic, please read Vaccination and Vaccine Horror Story on this website. For more on toxic metals, please read Toxic Metals on this site.
* Other medical drugs. Many medical drugs are quite toxic and will slow development. Many are overprescribed because doctors are not taught the safer natural methods of healing most health conditions.
Among the most toxic drugs are antibiotics and non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs or NSAIDS. Cholesterol-lowering drugs and oral anti-diabetic drugs are also quite toxic and very rarely needed. For more on this topic, please read Drug Problems and Dangerous Drugs.
* Ionizing radiation These poisons also slow or stop development. Have as few x-rays as you can. Dental x-rays are not too bad. Full body exposure is bad, and CT scans are the worst. One CT scan can be equivalent to about 400 chest x-rays.
Cell phones and phone towers. These are flooding the world with harmful electromagnetic fields that also slow the development process. Try not to use these phones. For more on this topic, please read Electromagnetic Pollution.
1. A natural process. As stated earlier, development is a natural process. It is built into human DNA and human physiology, provided one meets the required conditions for it to occur.
2. Yang required. A critical factor for development is the body must become more yang in macrobiotic terminology. Yang is a Chinese word that I use because there is no equivalent word in English.
It is a physics term, in fact. It means warmer, more compact, with increased movement of particles, and a movement of basic matter and energy downward and inward. It is a somewhat mysterious idea used in acupuncture, but not in Western medical science. The instructions in the section below take this factor into account.
3. Alkaline mineral nutrition. Sufficient reserves of vital alkaline minerals in the body is an important cause for development. Without the minerals, which are in short supply today in our food supply, development does not occur.
In our experience, one cannot just take mineral supplements to supply these minerals. I wish this were true, but it is not. Many of the needed mineral compounds are found only in food. Among foods, the most critical need is for cooked vegetables, along with some animal quality protein, and not a vegetarian diet.
4. The pushing down exercise. This mental exercise, and no others, causes development to occur fastest. It is discussed below.
I will divide this section in to lifestyle factors, dietary factors and others.
Lifestyle: Do your best to avoid the development killers listed above. Also, get plenty of rest and sleep, and go to bed early. Go to bed by 9 PM, if at all possible. Otherwise, the regeneration necessary for development will not occur. For more on this topic, please read The Benefits of Rest and Sleep.
Practice sexual restraint. Men, in particular, should not have sex with fluid loss more than once a week, and less after age 35 or so. For more details, please read Sexuality And Development and Down Sex on this site.
Keep your thoughts positive and grounded. This is very helpful. Do not hold grudges and do not hold on to hateful thoughts or resentments. They are as poisonous for you as a rattlesnake. Let them go quickly when they arise. For details, please read Letting Go on this website.
In contrast, thoughts of gratitude, faith, service, helpfulness and kindness are most helpful and needed for rapid development.
Emotional control is also very helpful for development. It reduces stress on the body. This is basically a good habit that anyone can cultivate. For more details, please read The Young Person’s Manual.
The pushing down exercise. This has been mentioned above. Do this exercise every day for an hour or more, if possible. Do it as forcefully as you can, and relax with it if you can. Do not add words or affirmations to the exercise, or anything else. Do not strain. For much more about this exercise, please read The Pushing Down Exercise and Downward-Moving Energy And Healing on this website.
Dietary factors. Impaired nutrition is often the single most important factor that blocks development.
Eat a diet very high in cooked vegetables each day. Have about 9 cups daily of cooked vegetables - some with each meal. Each day have 2 root vegetables, 2 cruciferous vegetables and 1 green vegetable. Vegetables must be cooked until soft. Cooking with a pressure cooker, steamer or crock pot is generally best. This is essential to obtain vital minerals.
Adults need to eat 4-5 ounce servings of animal quality protein once or twice every day, but not more. This includes meats, eggs, poultry or sardines, but not other fish because of their high mercury content. Lamb is the best red meat for development. A little raw dairy is okay, if you wish, but not necessary. Eat no more than 4 ounces daily of all dairy products combined (milk, cheese, yogurt and kefir).
AVOID the nightshade family of vegetables, sugars, all fruit and fruit juices, all wheat products, and all pig products. Also avoid chemicalized foods and fast food, as these are lower quality foods. For many more details about this diet, please read Food And Spiritual Development and The Slow Oxidizer Diet.
Water. Drink two and preferably up to three quarts or liters daily of either a quality spring water or carbon-only filtered tap water. Believe it or not, most tap water is not that bad in the USA, even though it has some chlorine and perhaps fluoride in it.
AVOID other types of drinking water, particularly reverse osmosis water. This water, along with distilled water, are devoid of minerals, which is harmful for development. Reverse osmosis water, alkaline waters and distilled water are also too yin. For more on drinking water, please read Water For Drinking on this site.
Food supplements. Essential food supplements for most people include kelp (about 3600-4000 mg daily), a digestive aid preferably of animal origin, a calcium/magnesium supplement, and a zinc supplement. These are needed to supply basic nutrients that are not high enough in most diets.
If you don’t want to eat 3 cans of sardines weekly, then you will also need to take about 5000 iu of vitamin D3 daily for adults, along with a supplement of 900 mg of omega-3 fatty acids (best from a fish oil supplement).
Taking most other supplements tends to block development because they are too yin. These include most herbs, homeopathic remedies, essential oils, bio-identical hormones, anti-oxidants, vitamins B and C, and most others.
This is the basic program to promote development. Just eating well, or just taking a handful of nutritional supplements is not enough.
A COMPLETE DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM
If you follow the instructions above, development will begin to occur. However, if you wish to speed up the process, then follow a complete nutritional balancing program. Unlike other nutritional programs, this one is designed to speed up development.
To begin a program, contact one of the practitioners listed on This Webpage. They will assist you to obtain a hair mineral analysis to assess the oxidation type, and much more. They will also set up an individualized program with a diet, specific supplements and the detoxification procedures, which are also excellent.
Development has to do with many interesting topics, such as the growth of the Merkabah, a Hebrew word found in the Old Testament of the Bible. Development also has to do with opening of the Energy Centers and the Subtle Energy Field of a human being.
WHAT DEVELOPMENT IS NOT
It does not require traveling somewhere, attending special classes or joining a particular religious or spiritual group. In fact, most of today’s “spiritual organizations” get in the way of development. Most teach outdated or wrong information. Even if the information were correct, one must go at the pace of the group, and this is usually slower.
It is not spiritualism, in which one tunes into dead people or spirits without bodies to gain access to information or power. I do not recommend this at all!
It is not about the development of psychic powers or mediumship. Many people believe that development is about developing one’s “powers”. This is not true.
During development, unusual phenomena occasionally appear. However, these are never the goal and are purely incidental. If they ever become the objective, then one has lost sight of real development.
STAGES OF DEVELOPMENT
Development occurs in stages. It is a long process during which illnesses and injuries slowly heal, one requires a little less sleep and less food, and regeneration occurs at deep levels. For the details, please read The Stages Of Development on this site.
You are not just a body. You are not the body you inhabit and animate, for example. You are much more. You are not just someone’s child, mate, parent, employee or employer. You are more than this. You are not just your mind or even what many call your soul. You are more than this, as well.
Development is about the growth of something entirely different – a human being who is not as physical, and whose body can last a long time.
Humanity is not familiar with development, so don’t try to force it on friends or family. Realize that development is new for this planet, so most people will not be interested, at least at first.
They will ridicule you if you try to make them go along, even if you explain it to most people. So work on yourself, and if possible, commune with those who are on the same path. The other way – trying to get others to appreciate your way, or to go along, even a little – is extremely frustrating and a total waste of energy.
Teach by example, rather than trying to coax, cajole or force anyone to go along. This is extremely important at this time on earth.
Development takes time, so start now. Old ways of eating and living must change, so start to make these changes as soon as possible. By far, the hardest part of the adventure is starting.
It is like blasting a rocket off to go to the moon and beyond. The hardest part, by far, is getting away from the gravity or inertia of your old lifestyle, old friends, perhaps, and old attitudes that are often far more negative than you may think. Recall this fact often.
Change will occur with development, and is not always pleasant, but need not be feared. At times, relationships, habits, jobs and every other aspect of life-as-usual will need to change or development will cease. However, when the time for these changes is right, they can take place with grace and ease. These changes should never come with anger or resentment or from a place of fear, if at all possible.
Development is about discipline. The word discipline is derived from the same root as the word disciple. It has to do with following a path. It is not about forcing yourself to eat a certain way or to sleep more, although these are needed. It is about becoming a disciple of your true self or real self.
The development of discipline, courage and emotional control have always been a feature of all systems of development, from the beginning of time. The reason is that discipline develops the mind and the will. These are subjects that are important for balanced and safe development. They are dealt with in separate articles on this website such as The Will.
Do not be concerned about when development will come to fruition. The process is very individual, but will proceed apace if you follow the guidelines in this article.
Much depends on how faithful you are with your diet, resting, sexual continence and all the other attitudes and behaviors that are necessary. These assist your body to receive more of the energy of the universe that helps create and grow the subtle human energy fields.
Help is available to anyone who wishes to develop himself or herself. Everyone can receive quite specific guidance to help with development. This is your birthright, and there are people and unseen beings whose only function is to help with development.
In fact, they seek out people who are open to development and to guidance, and are more than happy to assist. Never feel that you are all alone, as this is never true. Just because you are living alone, or working alone, or seem to be in the company of people who do not share your beliefs, it is never true that you are alone in this quest and this adventure.
Development is an adventure – the ultimate adventure. Thinking of development as a sort of punishment in order to get well, or as a mechanical routine that someone has suggested, is absolutely incorrect and will not work!
You will become bored, or tired of it. Development is the highest calling and highest possibility of a human being, and nothing less, ever.
Development should never be viewed as a chore or requirement for health, or any such thing. It is the adventure of a lifetime!
It will eventually surpass every other type of adventure you can imagine, in terms of the joy it causes, the abilities it can bring, the health it can produce, and the insights and wisdom that comes with it.
Will and intent matter in development. This means that if you feel stuck, or if you do not know what to do or how to proceed, your proper intent to develop yourself is helpful. It is not enough, but it helps.
Intent and willpower carry you along and, in mysterious ways, can connect you to those people and activities that you require on this journey.
The reason for this is that your will and intent actually send out an energy that is picked up by others, and they will respond to it. One of my mentors, R. Buckminster Fuller, used to say that “God responds to your initiative”. The New Testament of the Bible states the same thing:
“Ask and you shall receive, Seek and you shall find, Knock, and the door shall be opened”.
Do not fear. Many people fear that if they change, they will lose friends, family members and other so-called benefits of this world. Occasionally, this occurs. However, it is not common, and you will only leave behind those who, in fact, don’t like the real you.
It takes a little trust to know that if your situation changes due to development, something better will replace what is lost.
Thus, do not fear change that will occur with development. In fact, all of your best qualities will be preserved at all times, and the truth of all else will be revealed.
Life and love wait upon your welcome of them. In time, you will come to see that the Creator of all life is like the sun that shines on everyone, all of the time, regardless of behavior, wealth, family background, race, religion, gender, or anything else.
Most people, however, prefer to turn their back and live as though the sun is not shining on them for some reason, rather than bask in it and blossom like a flower. Many, in fact, run away from the light as they are not ready to receive the warmth and the love that is theirs to have forever. This is what is meant by the statement that “love and life wait upon your welcome”.
The world is much more than it seems. There is a lot of horror, murder, deception, and other problems. You can choose to get caught up in this aspect of the world. However, you can instead choose to become caught up with development – the most wondrous and thoroughly amazing aspect of being human.
Development is a wonderful adventure. Start now, and watch the continual unfolding. Do the work, including the Pushing Down Exercise described above. I am available to help if you are not sure if you are doing it correctly.
Remember, you are not just the body you animate. You are also the force of animation itself, the Spirit dancing in the flesh, and an extension of the Creator’s love in physical form. Never doubt that all things are working for your good when you commit yourself to development.
Other articles. This website has about 20 other articles about the specifics of development. All of them are listed at this link.